TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Performance Parts Begins Selling Takeoff Parts!

Jer

LIMITED QUANTITIES of GT500 Track Pack Wheel & Tire takeoff sets are ON SALE!:

http://www.shelbystore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=X-TP-WHEELS

Other types coming soon, along with Brembo 4 and 6 piston Mustang front brake kits, stock Mustang, Focus, and Raptor interiors, and Raptor stock Fox shocks.

Jer

LIMITED QUANTITIES of GT500 Track Pack Wheel & Tire takeoff sets are ON SALE!:

http://www.shelbystore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=X-TP-WHEELS

Other types coming soon, along with Brembo 4 and 6 piston Mustang front brake kits, stock Mustang, Focus, and Raptor interiors, and Raptor stock Fox shocks.

Jer

LOL, "limited"? I'll say. I went to put a order into my cart and got rejected, "Out of Stock"!

Phill

I'm a man of my word: "Limited" means limited! LOL…

We'll have more every so often, along with lots of other wheels and assorted stuff. Just be ready, subscribe to this thread, and don't sleep when you see a post, if you can help it.

Thanks,

Jer

So I'm probably going to ruffle some feathers here but there is something that doesn't seem quite right about me sending my post-title car to Vegas for an upgrade that costs thousands of dollars and the Shelby gets to keep my take off parts and resell them. So I send my GT500 for a Super Snake conversion but I can't arrange to keep my stock wheels, brakes...etc? I mean I get it with the pre-title cars, but post title it's mine, I paid for it. Is it just me or does this seem odd?

You are right IASHELBYGT it is wrong but this is what is in the fine print of having your conversion done at Shelby Las Vegas. My S/C conversion was done at Tasca who did not want my old parts. This was the same case for a fellow Super Snake owner that I am now the proud owner of his take off parts for less than what someone else whould have charged me. My car in some members opinion may not be as documented as theirs because of my choice of using a Mod Shop but I got what I originaly paid for. -Kevin

So I'm probably going to ruffle some feathers here but there is something that doesn't seem quite right about me sending my post-title car to Vegas for an upgrade that costs thousands of dollars and the Shelby gets to keep my take off parts and resell them. So I send my GT500 for a Super Snake conversion but I can't arrange to keep my stock wheels, brakes...etc? I mean I get it with the pre-title cars, but post title it's mine, I paid for it. Is it just me or does this seem odd?

When Shelby started this policy (of keeping take-off parts) Roger Sorel explained that it allowed SA to keep the price down, "as is" (not raise it after X years of keeping it the same). If you wanted to keep the price of the car down, you lost your parts. I don't mean you had a choice of keeping parts for a cost, I mean they (SA) decided that IN ORDER to keep the price down and not having to raise the price of a Super Snake, they opted to keep parts and sell them in a wholesale manner.

That's my understanding...

Phill

When Shelby started this policy (of keeping take-off parts) Roger Sorel explained that it allowed SA to keep the price down, "as is" (not raise it after X years of keeping it the same). If you wanted to keep the price of the car down, you lost your parts. I don't mean you had a choice of keeping parts for a cost, I mean they (SA) decided that IN ORDER to keep the price down and not having to raise the price of a Super Snake, they opted to keep parts and sell them in a wholesale manner.

That's my understanding...

Phill

I understand the rationale, but really? So if I ship a car in but I strip it first of say wheels and brakes...etc then the conversion would cost me more huh? I guess I don't have to worry because I don't have $30K to throw at a conversion anyway. Although I would like to add a SC to my SGT at some point, but I think in that case if I've already upgraded things myself I think I can just add the charger.

Edited by IASHELBYGT

When I had my GT/SC conversion done they sent me back the take off parts. Know what? They sat in the garage until I finally sold a few parts (plenum) and tossed the rest (old injectors). Really, on a major conversion do you ever see going back? Especially for conversions that involve new tires and wheels they are large and cost alot to ship.

When I had my GT/SC conversion done they sent me back the take off parts. Know what? They sat in the garage until I finally sold a few parts (plenum) and tossed the rest (old injectors). Really, on a major conversion do you ever see going back? Especially for conversions that involve new tires and wheels they are large and cost alot to ship.

Yeah, I guess it's just the principle of it. I bought it so I want to be the one to decide if I keep it or get rid of it. :spend:

Yeah, I guess it's just the principle of it. I bought it so I want to be the one to decide if I keep it or get rid of it. :spend:

Maybe they could offer to return for extra shipping. But I think this has been discussed before. I also recall hearing of pallets of pieces and parts being hauled away to dealers in such materials, more likely based on weight than content. I'm glad that Shelby Parts now has access to selling them and making a better deal for the company's bottom line. I'll bet that Jer has to buy the parts from the manufacturing part of the business though!!!

:backtotopic: Please. That stuff has been discussed ad nauseum in the past so I'm sure you can look it up. This thread was going to be used to post when more items are for sale. So that everybody does not have to keep clicking on this looking for parts for sale, only to find warn out discussion, can we keep it for that purpose? Thanks.

Edited by JeffJ

Jer, you suggested the extra Shelby tensioner when I did my GT/SC upgrade. It was a good suggestion. And I think whoever suggested that you work for Shelby made a good suggestion. I am happy for you, and happy for Shelby and happy for us - Team Shelby. Great job and good luck.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...