TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Some Kinda Rattle I Can't Seem To Find...

OsirisGT500

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cortex is what I have on mine because it's listed in the rules. I just recently got Filip @ Cortex to sell me the new generation frame brackets so now it's the same as what is being used on the PWC Boss Mustangs. I still prefer the Fays2 watts set up because the pivot and brace is mounted to the body not the differential.

Paint started today. The guy got about half way. He said he thought it wasn't as much to paint as it is. I dunno where the disconnect was. yay. So supposedly finish tomorrow at twice the price.

Cobra%20Cage%2055.jpg

aannnndddd talking with the shop it seems like they don't care if it's done by the next AI race at willow end of the month and probably gonna make me miss a second shelby bash... so I got that going for me.

Looks like a top notch job.

It always costs more than what they initially tell ya ! :spend::spend::spend:

Filip @ Cortex is telling me next week for my shocks now but, I'm taking the car to the Bash this year regardless ( I've missed it the last two years ) and going for a spin at Spring Mountain.

The Bash is on the same weekend as the season opener for me in the SFR SCCA but I'm going to Vegas anyways.

Hope that they stay on it and finish it up soon !

• 2 weeks later...

Oh ya, more of the usual. I was told the guy fabbing the watts mounting was gonna finish today but he just looked at it for the first time. He says he might be able to finish by end of week. BUT, they will be gone for willow for the second AI race by Thurs night. So nothing will be done until Mon I'm guessing. Then he says he wants to wire before I can start bolting stuff on. It will never be done, I'm gonna set the building on fire...

That is an extreme build for sure.

Curious about the steering support bracket though, almost looks like it is upside down with the collar angle.

Is that just a point for adjusting steering height/angle?

Also, is that some type of epoxy paint or primer they used on the metal work?

Just for height adjustment. Angle is fixed. Just car paint. They wanted white but I thought that would be too bright so I say grey. The painter came up with this color mix. I had asked for an off the shelf color but that's just how this build goes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I put in for next week off of work. Time to just do it myself. I haven't been able to make it up do to work lately. I'm guessing I'll be able to throw 50 hours at it. I really doubt he has touched it since last I was there. I'm gonna go up tomorrow to check on things.

Archived