TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Terlingua Event Oct 1-5, 2014

VorpalBunny

The 6th annual Terlingua event will be held October 2-5 this year with an optional pre-event meetup, dinner and social on October 1.

This event is very fun and truly unique both in setting and activities, and is opertaed by a small board as a 5013C charity donating money to the local Terlingua community. In 2013, over $25,000 was given to local causes including the local high school, fire and EMS, veterans and the Crisis Center.

The event takes place in historic Terlingua, much of the land formerly owned by Carroll and frequented by many of his friends and associates.

WE are a small event, usually with a maximum of 80 people and about 40-42 cars. This size is due to local venues having limited seating and our strong desire to seat everyone together. This keeps the event intimate and we all know each other and are friends. It also means we have a very high alumni rate over 95%.

This year, 2014, the venues have been able to strategize and provide proper seating (new tables purchased and new layout) for a few new spots and therefore we have a couple spaces open for anyone wishing to consider this event.

Please send an email to any board member if you would like more information, to sign up, or with questions in general. The board and event info can be seen here: www.terlinguapreservationsociety.com

Thanks and Viva Terlingua!

David - vorpl8@yahoo.com

The 6th annual Terlingua event will be held October 2-5 this year with an optional pre-event meetup, dinner and social on October 1.

Viva Terlingua!

David-

Can't wait!

See you all soon.

Pat

:victory:

Thanks, looking forward to meeting y'all too!

Currently retired and 100% disabled, 26 years of Army life does that to your body.

I'm only 4 hours away and FINALLY get to attend!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

MustangFest is the same weekend in Corpus Cristi.

Heard a lot of people say they will never do the run to Corpus again. Especially when the event director bad mouths Shelby in his keynote speech. Not the high road.

• 2 weeks later...

Heard a lot of people say they will never do the run to Corpus again. Especially when the event director bad mouths Shelby in his keynote speech. Not the high road.

Even without that, there really is no comparison. See everyone in Terlingua!

• 3 months later...

I am wheels up in 9 weeks and a day. Its approaching fast!!

I hope not, that damn commander is heavy. Lets keep all the tires on the ground this year.

I hope I can look forward to a day of piloting desert fun runs yet again this year.

We'll leave the house about 8:00 am and meet y'all in Alpine before noon LOL :skateboard:

You must be driving one of those fast Shelby's.................... :worship: . Looking forward to hanging out in Terlingua.

Could be heading In a SE direction in 5 or 6 weeks. Have arranged with the saw bones for a full month off treatment. He said a month in the big picture is not going to matter shit with my life span. So with some good luck my driver (Lisa) and I will see y'all on the first.

I should be easy to spot I will be the one who glows In the dark LOL

Glen

Could be heading In a SE direction in 5 or 6 weeks. Have arranged with the saw bones for a full month off treatment. He said a month in the big picture is not going to matter shit with my life span. So with some good luck my driver (Lisa) and I will see y'all on the first.

I should be easy to spot I will be the one who glows In the dark LOL

Glen

Tho Laura and I won't be making Terlingua this year, we are looking forward to seeing you guys after the PCH Run when we continue on up North.

Dan

Archived