TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Store

ZR1E8R

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have gotten into the habbit of giving Tim or one of the helpfull folk a call and make sure everything is in stock and ready to ship. Not to mention they are great people to talk to! Was it an online order by chance?

"make sure everything is in stock and ready to ship"...... yeah..... that would be nice. :airquote:

At the risk of getting banned or black balled from SA/Team Shelby all together, I'll offer my recent story with constructive advice:

Two weeks ago, I made an attempt to order a critical part along with other non-essentials. Spoke with SA rep (who will remain nameless) prior to and after the order was made of which I was twice assured the part was in stock. When I received the email confirmation the parts had been shipped, the critical item I inquired about was backordered and not to be available for 6-8 weeks at the earliest. Another SA rep who stayed on the case apologized and researched every avenue to fix the problem, but ultimately struck out. I appreciated that person's efforts, but had to cancel the order and proceed with my build without this part. Ultimately if I ever decide to install this part later, it will cost me additional labor hours and time. Unfortunate result.

Now here is the real world solution coming from a position of experience: When I graduated from college in 1995 I spent a year working at Mustangs Unlimited in ATL as an in house sales rep and manager trainee. One of the steps I implemented saved everyone a ton of headache and hassle. As a customer service and parts distribution business with many competitors, I saw that one of the most frustrating things was to help a valued customer place a large (or small) ticket item order only to then have it backordered and deal with the customer being PO'd at us. After the annual inventory work had been completed, I met with the sales team and made a simple suggestion:

• If the stock in the computer shows less than 3 items left, physically take the time to place your hands on the part to ensure it is actually in stock and take it to the guy responsible for shipping with a note that it is to go out with the order.

That one extra step eliminated any miscommunication moving forward about whether or not the desired item would be received as expected or not. It also eliminated extra time spent dealing with unhappy consumers who want to bend your ear with negative feedback. It gained more time to spend on the phone with other consumers trying to call in and make orders which increased revenue/customer loyalty. In essence, it fixed a lot of shit.

Fast forward 20+ years later, I've had a wonderful career in sales selling an intangible that NO ONE wants to buy, but everyone at some point must consider and even then they don't have to buy it. Selling a tangible item that people want is easy in comparison. If there is one thing I have learned in sales its this: "Over promise and under deliver" is the fastest recipe for failure. By slowing down and taking the necessary steps to ensure excellent customer service, you not only gain the trust of the people you are selling to, but also gain their respect. This is my constructive feedback to SA.

Please don't ban me. SA Sales team - Please don't feel I'm bashing you. Just trying to take a real life situation and offer suggestion for improvement.

I am just a little guy..... Ordered Black/white letters harness pads on Dec 31 2013... Not notified of back order until I inquired 1 month later... After 4 e-mails to and from Jer and Tim Hill I got the pads on March 12 2014 Apprx 72 days later........WOW .... But I am just a little guy......

That's just it... Be it one of the "little guys" or the big spenders with big orders, they should all be valued the same. I myself cannot complain as I've had very good service from SA and from all the posts I've read, I know the powers that be are trying diligently to rectify the problems in the system.

I work in a Ware House for the State. I fill and deliver orders every day. it did not take me long to know what items we deliver the most and how much. I knew that when I got down to 3 Pallets of Copy Paper, it was time to oder 10 more Pallets. I knew when I got down to 10 Pallets of 0391 Envelopes, it was time to order 30 more Pallets. Why don't parts Places think ahead as well. You get down to 2 or 3 of an item that you know will sell out a Month but it takes a month to get it in, order 5 or 10 more of that item. If the people that you have running your Store are true Car People, they will know what sells fast, sorta fast, some what fast, not real fast and once in awhile and re-oder accordingly. A good Parts Store never runs out. If the place they get their Parts from runs out, find a different supplier to fill the gaps. Just my 2 Cents....well, 4 Cents, I forgot about the Tax.

While I don't have the time right now to type a full and complete comment on the subject and provide background info, I would like you all to know I have read and acknowledged.

My team and I are working hard to correct what is within our control, and actively discontinuing products from vendors that cannot deliver to our customers' expectations.

We have made great strides forward, and will continue to. Many fixes are in place, much has been improved, and more are in process and will become obvious as we move forward.

I appreciate all of your support and patience. If you're coming to the Bash, grab me, and I'll show you around and answer any questions you may have.

Jer

While I don't have the time right now to type a full and complete comment on the subject and provide background info, I would like you all to know I have read and acknowledged.

My team and I are working hard to correct what is within our control, and actively discontinuing products from vendors that cannot deliver to our customers' expectations.

We have made great strides forward, and will continue to. Many fixes are in place, much has been improved, and more are in process and will become obvious as we move forward.

I appreciate all of your support and patience. If you're coming to the Bash, grab me, and I'll show you around and answer any questions you may have.

Jer

+1000!!!!!! As Jer has always posted here,if you have any questions or concerns about anything relating to SPP or Shelby American, all you have yo do is e-mail him direct. Do the right thing guys,don't create a mountain outta a molehill!!!

Jer

I made an order waaaay back on black Friday, in the middle of the (ok, start of) the move. I knew exactly what I was getting in to of course, but let me let everyone know that at NO point was I forgotten about! I received one shipment of products as they became available in what I can only imagine was a great unpacking of many many boxes, with the order being finished when the rest became available. Its tough, and as Team Shelby members we all are in on the great project that the move became. I didn't order any parts of course, but even then things were dealt with to the best capabilities.

I can imagine that it can be very inconvenient to some faaaar more than it was to me (which in this case is nothing since I didn't order anything crucial), but I can also be sure that at no point does any of the staff wish inconvenience on anyone. A little understanding and reason can go a far way.

I made an order waaaay back on black Friday, in the middle of the (ok, start of) the move. I knew exactly what I was getting in to of course, but let me let everyone know that at NO point was I forgotten about! I received one shipment of products as they became available in what I can only imagine was a great unpacking of many many boxes, with the order being finished when the rest became available. Its tough, and as Team Shelby members we all are in on the great project that the move became. I didn't order any parts of course, but even then things were dealt with to the best capabilities.

I can imagine that it can be very inconvenient to some faaaar more than it was to me (which in this case is nothing since I didn't order anything crucial), but I can also be sure that at no point does any of the staff wish inconvenience on anyone. A little understanding and reason can go a far way.

I know what it is like to Move a Warehouse while staying open for Business. We spent a week moving the Warehouse that I work in and believe me it was a huge pain, especially since ALL Orders are placed On Line for better records keeping.

HEY JER, is any one from SAI going to the 50th in Charlotte? Will there be a Shelby Store Booth? I hope, I hope, I hope.

There were others asking about this and even volunteering to man the booth. No response.....

HEY JER, is any one from SAI going to the 50th in Charlotte? Will there be a Shelby Store Booth? I hope, I hope, I hope.

There were others asking about this and even volunteering to man the booth. No response.....

Shelby will not be in Charlotte. Team Shelby will be, Great lakes Region has a M.O.R.E parking area

I started a thread asking the same thing and no response from Jer or anybody from SA???

Pretty sad,,,there are proud Shelby owners on the east coast and the fact that SA couldn't send someone from there with a small display to a 50th celebration is very much a dis by them.

Lost opportunity for sure. I heard the boys at Roush, Saleen , CJ, MU, American Muscle and Ford Racing will have corporate presence there. Pretty certain SA would sell everything they could bring while offering some great PR and perhaps sell a few GT's, Supersnakes, Focus's etc. just sayin....

Lost opportunity for sure. I heard the boys at Roush, Saleen , CJ, MU, American Muscle and Ford Racing will have corporate presence there. Pretty certain SA would sell everything they could bring while offering some great PR and perhaps sell a few GT's, Supersnakes, Focus's etc. just sayin....

Yup. Short sighted indeed. Basically ignoring the entire east coast. Funny... That is where most of the money in this country is.

I am also surprised there will not be an official presence from SA. Also kind of surprised that TS South Atlantic Region isn't pushing this event since it's in our backyard, but real glad TSGL took the reigns to organize the TS section of MORE parking

I recently ordered the Shelby valve covers for my "new" 4.6. They arrived at my house about 3 days later, no shipping charge and a 10% discount for being a TS member. No complaints here...

It would've been two days, but I missed the FedEx guy on day 2!

I recently ordered the Shelby valve covers for my "new" 4.6. They arrived at my house about 3 days later, no shipping charge and a 10% discount for being a TS member. No complaints here...

It would've been two days, but I missed the FedEx guy on day 2!

I've never been disappointed. And I'm definitely a little guy.

Yup. Short sighted indeed. Basically ignoring the entire east coast. Funny... That is where most of the money in this country is.

I am also surprised there will not be an official presence from SA. Also kind of surprised that TS South Atlantic Region isn't pushing this event since it's in our backyard, but real glad TSGL took the reigns to organize the TS section of MORE parking

See,,,here we go,,,nothing but crickets from SA!!!

I've had numerous positive experiences with the Shelby Store/SPP(9 orders since 1/2013). Even when Shelby was moving, there was only a slight delay with one of my orders. The staff were very courteous helping me and kept me informed on my order.

Any issue I have ever had(very few), I simply pick up the phone and explain it to Tim/whoever answers. They have always been very helpful and courteous with me......

Archived