TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My New Gt500 Here In Germany

Hey all! So here I am in Germany and I just took the 2014 GT500 out of storage. My other street sled in a Lexus IS F so I have to learn how to drive this beast. Im gonna hit the A3 autobahn tomorrow at sunrise. That's when it turns into a race track as all the Ferraris, GT3's etc come out to play and I'm gonna be right there with them.

Going to mount the dash cam so I should be able to post some cool vids of that soon.

Cheers!

post-42422-0-44925300-1394284799_thumb.jpg

Welcome and enjoy your new ride. A 200+ MPH Shelby will fit in just fine with the Autobahn crowd. Make sure you keep it pointed in the right direction as these cars are tail happy from the showroom.

germanGT500,

Are you out of Wiesbaden?

Currently in Afghanistan but out of Ramstein...will be returning soon and bringing my '14 out of hibernation :headspin:

Welcome...sweet ride!

Hey all! So here I am in Germany and I just took the 2014 GT500 out of storage. My other street sled in a Lexus IS F so I have to learn how to drive this beast. Im gonna hit the A3 autobahn tomorrow at sunrise. That's when it turns into a race track as all the Ferraris, GT3's etc come out to play and I'm gonna be right there with them.

Going to mount the dash cam so I should be able to post some cool vids of that soon.

Cheers!

Awesome...welcome to TS, can't wait to see the clips...as it will bring back great memories of our Shelby Run Europe 2012.

Tom

germanGT500,

Are you out of Wiesbaden?

Currently in Afghanistan but out of Ramstein...will be returning soon and bringing my '14 out of hibernation :headspin:

Welcome...sweet ride!

Yep - WAAF. Lemme know when you get back from OEF and we can go terrorize little villages together!

Yep - WAAF. Lemme know when you get back from OEF and we can go terrorize little villages together!

Done.

I had mine for 10 days before I left...took her out for a quick ride and damn near powerslid into someone's living room leaving my village, LMAO.

She's got a little bit more punch than my 2010 GT500 had, haha.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for posting! My reactions are boy your car has a lot of SC whine. Any mods? Second, the AUTOBAHN looked like there was a lot more traffic than I thought there would be. Lastly, what kind of speed were you getting up to?

So,

The autobahn is well traveled lets just say - especcially when your close to a big city. If you really want to let loose, you have to get up early Sat or Sun or German holidays and then its wide open throttle. In fact, Saturday at sunrise, a ton of maniacs with lambos, GT2/GT3's ferraris etc turn the autobahn into their own personal speedway.

On this video I only got up to 145mph because of the traffic. You saw the cars in the fast lane. If you get in a wreck going faster than 130 kph (like 80mph) its almost always your fault and your screwed. I'll see if I cant post another at sunrise soon. Fastest Ive done here is 165 for 20 seconds. You can see a noticable difference on the gas guage after one or two of those runs.

The only mod under the hood is the K&N and the resonator eliminator. The resonator eliminator is the reason you hear the SC. No regrets buying that !

You didn't.mention that at that speed in an accident your dead so who cares this fault it is.

Oh no no no. I should have said... I paid extra for the safety package. At any point of impact > 100 mph, the roof blows off and I am propelled 200 meters above the scene of the crime in 1.5 seconds at which time dual parachutes deploy and I can watch all the mayhem unfold as I peacefully descend to a soft grassy knoll next to the autobahn.

Did you get that package????

I visited a friend in Germany a few years ago and remarked I've never seen an acccudent remnant on the side of the bahn. He said there are no remains. An accident is an explosion and there's nothing left including the people.as to the option it was too expensive and I've got more sense than money

Cheers!

Hey, I'm going to possibly be in Frankfort in mid June, I'd sure love to have a ride on the Autobahn in a Shelby instead of a rental Mercedes. If possible, I'll try to contact you.

OK boys and girls. Finally got around to mounting my iphone to the windshield and making a little video just for you of a sunny day on the AUTOBAHN!

Cheers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTBICg2GQUQ

All I can say is SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!! Love the sound. I have the resonator delete also and it brings out the SC whine nicely.

Oh no no no. I should have said... I paid extra for the safety package. At any point of impact > 100 mph, the roof blows off and I am propelled 200 meters above the scene of the crime in 1.5 seconds at which time dual parachutes deploy and I can watch all the mayhem unfold as I peacefully descend to a soft grassy knoll next to the autobahn.

Did you get that package????

:hysterical:

Enjoy :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

OK boys and girls. Finally got around to mounting my iphone to the windshield and making a little video just for you of a sunny day on the AUTOBAHN!

Cheers!

To say I am jealous would be an understatement. Wish we had the ability to go like that on the USA interstates. I think there are some unlimited speed areas in Montana, but that is a LONG way from NC.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm here, currently in Linz, Austria, so if close by can travel to meet on Sunday June 15th.

Plan on Salzburg on Saturday.

Driven to stir crazy and back with local markets.

Wish I could...I'm locked down to the Frankfurt area this weekend :-(

• 4 weeks later...

Cheers!

Gotta love the German drivers, at about 1:30 in the video cars moves over. Here in the US, the guy would've slowed down, and driven 100 miles in the left lane with his left turn signal on...then at about the 1:50 mark, the driver is about to go into the left lane, and see you coming like a freight train, and stays put. Here, again, clueless driver would just jump into the left lane, forcing you onto your binders big time...soon to be followed up by the ever popular "Scheiße"

the AUTOBAHN looked like there was a lot more traffic than I thought there would be.

Lets see, 81 million people in a country that is about the size of Montana....add to that, it is smack in the middle of Europe, so anyone, going anywhere from any other country is on the Autobahn. Once the wall came down, the congestion on the roads grew exponentially.

Archived