TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Getting My 2009 Red Gt500 Tomorrow!!!!

Hello I am new to this forum I have owned a 2008 corvette c6 and I am trading that in tomorrow to pick up my 2009 gt500 with 2.5k miles on it! I will be posting pictures but its also my first time driving a manual any tips about the shelby I should know? Glad to be apart of this forum and excited to :)

...what are some minor mods you guys would recommend for my car?

New and better tires, for a start. ;)

After that, you may want to consider lessening/eliminating rear wheel hop, and maybe then pulley, CAI and a new tune. All relatively minor mods. Depends on how you want to enjoy the car and how much $ you want to spend. You probably know, the '09s are the rarest (lowest produced year) of all modern Mustangs. Congratulations, and please post up pics of your new toy. :)

Be careful when you decide to run with the Traction Control Off.... These cars love to pull left and leave you hanging on trying to correct her....Sure is fun though.. Not going left that is.....Suspension mods first before more power.... Have fun

Congrats, that is a fun car for sure.

A few inexpensive mods that I really like and consider a must-have are a shorter antenna and hood struts.

MRT makes a nice 13.5" antenna that is available in various factory colours like Torch Red, or just go with black.

Redline Tuning makes high quality hood struts (no drill), and you can get them in black or stainless steel.

Another cool upgrade that really attracts a lot of attention is the Shelby Vin dash plaque.

They stamp your actual vin number on it, and you can order it with a replica of Carroll Shelbys' signature on it.

Everyone who looks into the car notices those right away.

For a first practical mod I would recommend a good set of lower control arms.

For street use, the billet ones offer good strength and overall looks.

A one piece aluminum or CF driveshaft is a nice upgrade as well.

To step up the power a fair bit, look into the VMP small pulley, larger idler, CAI and tuner package.

Awesome thanks guys the thign that sucks is the dealer was disrespectful and told us they would hold it for us and we could buy it the next day and they sold it....... so i bought a 2010 gt500 black hahaha

Awesome thanks guys the thign that sucks is the dealer was disrespectful and told us they would hold it for us and we could buy it the next day and they sold it....... so i bought a 2010 gt500 black hahaha

Hopefully not from the same dealer.....

Archived