TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Welcome To Our New Team Shelby Moderator!

Jer

As part of our efforts to continually improve the Team Shelby experience, both online AND in person, we have been reviewing everything, from The Bash to Membership Kit fulfillment methods and shipping to the staff that help us run Team Shelby. We believe that knowledgeable Members make the best Moderators, especially when they devote time to share quality information with us all.

To that end, I am DELIGHTED to announce Albino500 as our newest Moderator, and I have attached some info below that will make it obvious how qualified he is to be giving advice!

Congratulations, and THANK YOU!

Jer

A bit about Albino500:

Currently on Board of NORCAL SAAC (member on/off since 1983)

Celebrating his 20th year as a member of SCCA (Sports Car Club of America)

Technical Adviser for SPEC MUSTANG GROUP for SFR SCCA

Building 2 Shelby GT Mustangs for competition within SMG class of the SFR (San Francisco Region) SCCA

AA degree in Automotive Technology from DeAnza College (1978)

President of the Vintage Mustang Owners Association of San Jose, CA. in 1993, 1994, and 1999 (spent additional time on board)

Owner/operator of South Bay Mustang (specialty automotive shop) 1992-1997

Employed in automotive field since 1974 at various businesses (currently doing contract work and consulting)

Part time instructor @ DeAnza Community College in the Automotive Department (2000-2006)

A.S.E. Certification in various levels from 1980 to 2010

Past MCA (Mustang Club of America) regional car show judge & member

2001 & 2002 SFR SCCA Regional BG class Series Champion

2001 & 2002 Baby Grand Stock Car California Road Race Champion

2001 & 2002 Pacific Coast Road Racing Championship BG class winner

2000 & 2001 SCCA / RDC 4 Hour Enduro winner (under 1700cc)

Raced in SFR SCCA Vintage Races in my 1966 GT350H clone from 1994 -1997 (car featured in Mustangs and Fords magazine July 1997)

Driving Instructor for Thunderhill Raceway Park HPDE 1997 - 1999 and NORCAL SAAC from 1995 - 2005

Currently owns a 2007 GT500, 2007 SGT#475, 1994 Ford SVT Lightning Truck, 2009 Mustang GT convertible, and a 1968 Mustang coupe.

Has owned over 40 Mustangs - first one was a Dark Green 1966 "C" code coupe with NO motor or transmission (originally an A/T car that he converted into a 4 speed manual), bought in 1975 for $200 and built into a street car which he autocrossed starting in 1976.

Team Shelby Moderator!

Now I guess I have to be EXTRA nice to him since he has access to "the ban stick" !

Actually, Albino500 has helped me more than a few times, and seems to know everything technical about our cars.

Congratulations!

Z-man

On a personal note, I met Albino500 last year at the Pacific NW Meet & Greet. Kevin Came a day early which allowed me to spend some time with him and He took Tana & I out to dinner and insisted on paying. That's the kind of a guy he is. What a all around nice guy and very fun to hang out with. I did not realize he has such a impressive resume. :drop: Looks like his moderator salary is going to top mine. :spend:

Thanks everyone - not quite sure what I've got myself into but, I did tell my wife that I'll be spending more time in the "Girls and Mustangs" section to keep an eye on Cali_KR's postings there ! :cool: I'll try to help with what I can so all have an enjoyable experience here on the Team Shelby forum.

Thanks everyone - not quite sure what I've got myself into but, I did tell my wife that I'll be spending more time in the "Girls and Mustangs" section to keep an eye on Cali_KR's postings there ! :cool: I'll try to help with what I can so all have an enjoyable experience here on the Team Shelby forum.

Congrats KP, as if you're not busy enough, now you get to read every post....including the scrutinizing of the aforementioned thread...

For all you TS folk, I've known Kevin before our community even existed, and he has been wrenching on my cars for years.

His knowledge base is amazing, not only on Mustangs, but across a broad spectrum of automobiles.

See you at the dyno day next week amigo

TD

Archived