TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 Gt500 - Alignment Specs After Lowering - Does This Look Ok?

yell03

Lowered the rear of my 2011 GT500 Convertible with H&R Sport Rear Lowering Springs, looks to be about a 3/4"-1" drop.

I did not do an adjustable panhard bar, but I did have a full alignment done.

The rear on close inspection shifted to the drivers side, not noticeable from behind the car, only if you look at one side and then walk around and look at the other. The drivers side tire is right at the wheel well and the passenger side tire is tucked in a little more.

The car rides great and tracks straight, but I have not had a chance to get on it, to many potholes and it was dark out when I drove it home.

How do these alignment specs look:

Alignmentgt500Feb2014_zpsdb39f074.jpg

The alignment is going to be separate and distinct from the rear axle orientation, but probably a smart thing to have done anyway after altering stance and/or rake to ensure toe, caster and camber haven't been affected inadvertently.

Ford specs allow for tremendous amounts of latitude in the rear axle orientation before calling for any kind of compensatory adjustment for safety or performance reasons. The overwhelming majority of lowered S197s with adjustable Panhard bars serve a purely cosmetic purpose.

The alignment is going to be separate and distinct from the rear axle orientation, but probably a smart thing to have done anyway after altering stance and/or rake to ensure toe, caster and camber haven't been affected inadvertently.

Ford specs allow for tremendous amounts of latitude in the rear axle orientation before calling for any kind of compensatory adjustment for safety or performance reasons. The overwhelming majority of lowered S197s with adjustable Panhard bars serve a purely cosmetic purpose.

I have never had the car aligned since I've had it, about a year, and my previous front tires were bald on the insides, so I figured after hitting some nasty potholes why not do it.

I also feel the adjustable panhard is mostly cosmetic, I'll know for sure the 1st time I get to lay in to the throttle, I want to see if it stays straighter or kicks out more than before.

Lowered the rear of my 2011 GT500 Convertible with H&R Sport Rear Lowering Springs, looks to be about a 3/4"-1" drop.

I did not do an adjustable panhard bar, but I did have a full alignment done.

The rear on close inspection shifted to the drivers side, not noticeable from behind the car, only if you look at one side and then walk around and look at the other. The drivers side tire is right at the wheel well and the passenger side tire is tucked in a little more.

The car rides great and tracks straight, but I have not had a chance to get on it, to many potholes and it was dark out when I drove it home.

How do these alignment specs look:

Alignmentgt500Feb2014_zpsdb39f074.jpg

Looks like they did NOT properly adjust for your inner tire wear - changing the overall front toe from a -0.06 to a -0.04 is not enough to compensate for the uneven wear issue that your car had. Obviously nothing was done to address the rear thrust angle either. I don't see anything here except maybe an adjustment for a crooked steering wheel being done.

Archived