TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Back In A Mustnag

sn95gts

Started with a the last of the 5ohhs 95 gt, then 2001 viper, then mercury marauder, then BMW 7 series, then challenger, then 2008 viper and now almost 20 years later GT500. I hope is as fun to drive the 95.

Welcome to the forum. So what year is your new car? Never had a Viper so I don't know how it would compare to the GT500. I do know something about BMWs. I find the handling, refinement, materials, and fit and finish to be far superior to anything made by Ford. However, I grew up in the 60's and early 70's muscle car era and those cars are forever in my blood. My 2012 Shelby (in stock form) has more power and performs better than any of the muscle cars of the era that I coveted. Getting my Shelby was a dream come true and I could not be happier.

I thought a Mustnag was a wife. :shrug:

2 points for you!

I can speak on behalf of the Viper. Was the closest vehicle I ever owned in comparison to the replica of the Shelby Cobra I had: raw power, unforgiving, relentless speed. Loved it and will have another one day. Also can speak about the BMW's as I've owned an M Roadster, a few 3 series, and did a day a the BMW performance driving school. There is a reason why they race the M3 and M Roadster.

Enjoy your new GT500!

2 points for you!

I can speak on behalf of the Viper. Was the closest vehicle I ever owned in comparison to the replica of the Shelby Cobra I had: raw power, unforgiving, relentless speed. Loved it and will have another one day. Also can speak about the BMW's as I've owned an M Roadster, a few 3 series, and did a day a the BMW performance driving school. There is a reason why they race the M3 and M Roadster.

Enjoy your new GT500!

I still think the Cobra is the best car I've ever owned. I loved it, my wife hated it - would not ride in it and made a vampire cross every time she walked by it in the garage. Everyone who is a "spirited car" driver should absolutely get to drive one.

The to top civilized cars above the Cobra are the Ford GT (my car) and the new Shelby CSX9000 Daytona Coupe. I was overruled on the Coupe because it was "a cCobra with a hard top". She does like riding in the GT except it doesn't have lace to put a suitcase.

I still think the Cobra is the best car I've ever owned. I loved it, my wife hated it - would not ride in it and made a vampire cross every time she walked by it in the garage. Everyone who is a "spirited car" driver should absolutely get to drive one.

Agree. I always said you don't really know how to drive until you have serious time behind the wheel of a Cobra. That car will teach you things like no other car can.

Archived