TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2014 Shelby Gt

SGT0128

our 07-08 Shelby GT's look far better but for sure I am jealous of that power! 624hp would be great to have but I'm not selling this one ever

Yea, but $27K (I think that's what he said in the video) ON TOP of your Mustang purchase is a bit steep considering what else you can get for your money (Shelby Mustangs included). I think 500 HP is about enough for a street car (:

I am old, and trying to remember, but didn't our original 2007 SGT's cost an additional, approximately 8,000.00 over the MSRP of a Mustang GT? I don't know how the equipment of the new SGT compares to a 2007. I realize the new SGT has a much better engine than our anemic 319 engines. But 17 sounds like a lot extra.

"our 07-08 Shelby GT's look far better but for sure I am jealous of that power! " An '07-'08 SGT upgraded to an GT/SC will give you 550 HP - approx 490 at the wheels. More than anyone needs, and you will still have the "Classic" lines of a Mustang. And, YES, you can still get the package installed on an existing '07-'08 SGT. Careful the first time you put your foot down. :)

Oh and look, still comes with the prop rod……awesome! I actually really love the car and would love to be able to get one for the wife but 10k for the SC vs. non-SC. Yeah I know, gotta pay SA's bills and keep the lights on etc.. I get it, but won't be getting it.

Yea, but $27K (I think that's what he said in the video) ON TOP of your Mustang purchase is a bit steep considering what else you can get for your money (Shelby Mustangs included). I think 500 HP is about enough for a street car (:

I tend too agree, just how much do we really need for the street!?!?!? Yea,yea I hear the rest of you saying.........more,more more is never enough!!!!!

I would have liked to of seen a better looking more functioning Hood like what was used on the GT-H and Terlingua. Something more Bold and in your face. That Hood looks like the standard Mustang GT Hood.

I am old, and trying to remember, but didn't our original 2007 SGT's cost an additional, approximately 8,000.00 over the MSRP of a Mustang GT? I don't know how the equipment of the new SGT compares to a 2007. I realize the new SGT has a much better engine than our anemic 319 engines. But 17 sounds like a lot extra.

Well........... the 07-09 SGT's used Factory FORD Front & Rear Bumpers, Factory FORD Wheels, Factory FORD Hood, Factory FORD Brakes and I am sure a few other Factory FORD parts that are NOT being used on this SGT. This SGT uses SHELBY Front & Rear Bumpers, Hood, Wheels, Brakes + More.

For the money, the new STG has far more parts added then the original SGT. Much better value for the money, I would say. Brakes, far more suspension updates, wheels & tires, shifter, hood, some interior, better exhaust, front & rear facia, etc., The base is also $15K, not 17.

Well........... the 07-09 SGT's used Factory FORD Front & Rear Bumpers, Factory FORD Wheels, Factory FORD Hood, Factory FORD Brakes and I am sure a few other Factory FORD parts that are NOT being used on this SGT. This SGT uses SHELBY Front & Rear Bumpers, Hood, Wheels, Brakes + More.

Agree with all the above as the 07-09 SGT's were pre-titled mods and sold through Ford factory dealers......

Agree with all the above as the 07-09 SGT's were pre-titled mods and sold through Ford factory dealers......

Correct, but the increase in cost was still a bill from SA to Ford for the upgrades which SA installed in Vegas. The upgrades installed today by SA to make the SGT are far greater for the increased $ IMHO.

Correct, but the increase in cost was still a bill from SA to Ford for the upgrades which SA installed in Vegas. The upgrades installed today by SA to make the SGT are far greater for the increased $ IMHO.

Correct, that was my point.

To me, it's missing something. Maybe a deep draw hood would help. I prefer the '07 and '08 models also. They just look aggressive! :)

Kevin

07SGT2591

12864531525_776b2b6877.jpg

I think that the deep draw hood was a great addition to the 07-09 Mustangs and to have that style as an option on the new ones would be a great addition to the package. I must admit the stock hood with the factory vents is still better than the 05-09 stock factory hoods!

The new SGT package with a deep draw hood, that would be the V8 GTS then! (see below) Well except for the 20" wheels and one letter on the side.

I guess that didn't sell too well, apparently I was one of the few who were persuaded. Personally, I love it. Don't like the new SGT because of the extremely boring, close to stock hood, as per those above.

DSC06889_zps8b5a1a4a.jpg

I had my car right beside several Terlinguas last year (at Terlingua). The hoods are similar but the "deep draw" aspect of the hood is deeper on the GTS hood by an inch to an inch and a half, perhaps to accommodate the larger Coyote engine.

Stuart-

your GTS is beautiful - the hood certainly makes the car

Best

Pat

+1 - love the look of the GTs and deep draw hood. having seen the car in person, its really nice!

David

I spent some time checking out the new Shelby GT hood in Vegas last week. When you see it in person, it is obviously very different from the factory hood. The lines are really clean and nice. The color matched hydro carbon hood vents really set it off cool. Not as noticeable and radical as the deep draw, but it is still really cool and clean.

I had my car right beside several Terlinguas last year (at Terlingua). The hoods are similar but the "deep draw" aspect of the hood is deeper on the GTS hood by an inch to an inch and a half, perhaps to accommodate the larger Coyote engine.

Yes, that's what I can see from your picture! I think it really adds to the look of the car for sure! It looks good!

Archived