TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Everything But The Bigger Supercharger...any Thoughts On Cost To Finish?

Not to sound like a jackass, but could you enlighten me as to how to properly measure a wheel like this (3 piece)? Does the inner lip not count toward the overall dimension?

Interesting....especially if Roberts' quote above is true?

Sorry for getting so off topic Julie :whistling:

It should be just like any other wheel/rim, the inner bead area of the rim where the tire mates/seals, that inner area from the inside (not outside lip/flange) of the rim lip to the other inside of the rim lip.

Whoever manufactures these 3pc. wheels has inner sections of different widths. If a current inner lip is unbolted, a narrower or wider lip could be bolted in its place to widen or narrow the overall wheel. I am not sure how they seal it all together, but it was done to start with when the 3 pc. wheel was assembled. It is a bolt together wheel, so it can be unbolted and bolted back together.

It may even be a case where the wheel is sealed with sealer on the inside where the pieces fit together once all bolts are torqued to specification.

R

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL! No problem thejmasterslim! This is all new stuff for me to learn about, I had to go figure out what a 3 piece wheel was at all!

LOL! No problem thejmasterslim! This is all new stuff for me to learn about, I had to go figure out what a 3 piece wheel was at all!

Julie - Here is a picture of the rear side of the current Super Snake wheel.............

004_zpsbb64b1e7.jpg

^^^These wheels bolt together with the billet center and then the front and rear lips.

Notice the valve stem is on the inside of the wheel which gives the outside a cleaner look, but could also be a pain in the xxx to fill with air..........

Also notice, the TPMS sensor is 180 degrees (top in this picture) from the valve stem and not part of the valve stem assy.

R

Those are so nice! i do agree about the cleaner look the valve stem being on the inside gives the wheel, but wow is that going to bite when you have to fill it with air! Thank you for the photo and the explanation, it helped a lot!

Archived