TEAM SHELBY FORUM

So Have They Stopped Making Shelby Or They Still Building

Geneo4116

It's my understanding they stopped building them late 2013. That being said there and hundreds (more?) available at Ford dealerships around the country at this time.

The 2015 Mustang GT is out with a 5.0. There is no 2015 GT500 or Boss. Still waiting to see what the top Mustang offering will be for 2016 but the GT500 is gone as far as I understand it.

It's my understanding they stopped building them late 2013. That being said there and hundreds (more?) available at Ford dealerships around the country at this time.

The 2015 Mustang GT is out with a 5.0. There is no 2015 GT500 or Boss. Still waiting to see what the top Mustang offering will be for 2016 but the GT500 is gone as far as I understand it.

+1. I haven't taken the measurements myself, but I recall reading that the 5.8 Trinity won't fit between the new Mustang's strut towers.

Well I know how to order a shelby I have ordered alot of cars and trucks.what iam wondering is have they stopped production on these cars yet.

Yes, final 2014 GT500 rolled off at the begining of December. Tons of cars on dealer lots across the country, but when those are gone, that is it. Heck, there were 7 2014's on the showroom floor of Phil Long Ford in Denver when we had our Mustang Club meeting there last month. But if you are in the market, what is on showroom floors is your only option if you want a 2014.

Here's a whole topic on it:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/83183-2014-shelby-gt500-production/

I saw or read an interview right after the release of the new 15 where they were interviewing one of the Ford honchos who, when asked, said the Trinity would fit. He didn't say they were going to use it, only that it would fit... I hate to be selfish but count me as one who hopes the Trinity is gone forever and 13/14 is the pinacle of the modern era Mustang like the Boss 429 was in it's era. I bought mine partly for the fun but partly in the hopes that it would become collectible someday and I might sell it for close to what I paid.

+2

Fact is the new mustang is a different animal. (Pardon the pun). Even if they stuck the 5.8 in it, it wouldn't have the feel of the vehicle most of us have fallen in love with our whole lives. Im not saying I don't like the direction, and the performance capabilities it takes the mustang to, but the 13/14 is the last solid axle, and while I may be in the minority, I like how it feels to drive a car with that setup. Its wild and fun. If I wanted stability and predictability, I'd speak with a fake British accent and drink hot tea in the afternoon, and drive a BMW. Everyone thinks it will be better with the IRS, but its one of the coolest things about the mustang that set it apart from the rest. Its not like the 13/14 can't compete in the performance track of your liking....

The 2014 GT500 production did end in early December. Approximately 800 cars are still available on dealer lots if memory serves me right. (As of like two weeks ago)

I have a 14.i really don't think I want anything to do with the 15.unless they put the trinity in it then maybe.but right now I feel like I got the coolest baddest old school car in the barn.new one looks to European with all new tech gadgets inside.i feel like I own a carrol shelby mustang car.and there making a new 74 model mustang.NO THANKS FOR NOW

+2

Fact is the new mustang is a different animal. (Pardon the pun). Even if they stuck the 5.8 in it, it wouldn't have the feel of the vehicle most of us have fallen in love with our whole lives. Im not saying I don't like the direction, and the performance capabilities it takes the mustang to, but the 13/14 is the last solid axle, and while I may be in the minority, I like how it feels to drive a car with that setup. Its wild and fun. If I wanted stability and predictability, I'd speak with a fake British accent and drink hot tea in the afternoon, and drive a BMW. Everyone thinks it will be better with the IRS, but its one of the coolest things about the mustang that set it apart from the rest. Its not like the 13/14 can't compete in the performance track of your liking....

The 2014 GT500 production did end in early December. Approximately 800 cars are still available on dealer lots if memory serves me right. (As of like two weeks ago)

I don't speak with a fake British accent, I do not drink hot tea in the afternoon and I very much enjoy driving my wife's BMW. I love my Shelby and appreciate it for what it is. However, BMW engineering, handling, fit and finish, and the quality of the materials throughout the car (IMO) are far superior to anything Ford has ever produced. Oh, and I think any self-respecting fake Brit would probably be driving a Jaguar rather than a German car.

^^^ Well said. That being said...I have a 2014 with 3,200 miles on it. It is now a collectors car and is up for bids. First $100,000 takes it home.

I am with you...100k, I'll sell my 2014 Vert, at that price, I may as well throw in the Alcoa's too... Coincidentally, I am also at 3,2XX miles.

I can't say I'm totally against the 15 .model.from the back it looks good. Hate the side view.i hate the way the windows go together.should of been separated my 2 centss.love to see one up close. Have owned mustangs since. 1975 .first one 1965 fastback.just really loved the nostalgic look of my 14 gt 500.and this motor

Archived