TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hello From Western Australia

Hi there,

My name is Travis and I live in Perth Western Australia. I have just purchased a 427Edition Super Snake. This is my first Mustang and I hope I can get any quetions answered I may have in the near future.The car was proffessionally converted to RH drive here in Aussie and they have done a great job. My friend imported two Super Snakes form the US and I couldn't help myself once I laid eyes on them, especially after I visited The Shelby factory in Vegas in 2012.

Travis.

Travis,

Welcome to Team Shelby, and some of the best informed car people you will ever know. I've been to Australia many times,

and became an honorary Bunbarian by order of the mayor when I pulled my ship into port for the fourth time between 1970-1999.

Perth was where the crew enjoyed the night life, and we older salts enjoyed the hospitality of the small town to the south.

Any questions you have, somebody on the Team will have experience/insight that will be helpful, so just ask.

Congratulations on your new ride.

All the best,

Quinn

Welcome Travis! Congrats on your new Shelby. Those super Snakes are beasts so I recommend finding a wide open area like an abandoned air strip or large parking lot with no one around and "get to know" your new toy. You wouldn't by chance be a fan of the Australian V8 Supercars, would you? Love watching those intense races. Also, if you are an F1 fan feel free to chime in on the Team Shelby Formula 1 Thread.

Yes sure am. Have been watching the super V8"s since they were the Touring car Championships in the 70's. I learned in a big hurry what you are talking about when you said "getting to know the car"!!! The first time I drove it I thought to myself " I wonder how hard this thing actually goes?" After I got out, had a shower and changed my underwear, I realised you have to take these things seriuosly!!!

Trav.

Hi again,

This is where my passion for the Mustang stems from. 1973 RPO83 GT Falcon. This is my other pride and joy. 351 4V 780 holley Headers solid cam shaft and roller rockers from factory in73. This is one of 120 coupes built with this engine spec. The next model you may have seen in the movie "Mad Max".

post-42863-0-32212500-1393470646_thumb.jpg

Yes sure am. Have been watching the super V8"s since they were the Touring car Championships in the 70's. I learned in a big hurry what you are talking about when you said "getting to know the car"!!! The first time I drove it I thought to myself " I wonder how hard this thing actually goes?" After I got out, had a shower and changed my underwear, I realised you have to take these things seriuosly!!!

Trav.

So what do you think? Whincup again this year? I'd like to see the Ford's take the Championship this year, but it will be tough. BTW - here is the link to the F1 Thread with Melbourne coming up soon!

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/84092-the-formula-1-thread/

Welcome Travis,

I too spent some time in Perth but that was almost 50 years ago. It was a couple days before my duty station in Exmouth WA. 18 months of swatting flies.

You will find TS a very welcome crowd. Now if you could make the big party this April that would be awesome! Congrats on your purchase.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

The conversion cost $35000.00 Aussie. I have got to say it is pretty damn hard to tell also!! I have finally had the car registerd now after much grief with the powers to be. Here in Western Australia the rules for motor vehicles are very strict and they didn't recognise Shelby as a "Manufacturer" so they were trying to say it was a highly modified non production line car. Lucky for me we have all the original documents from when the car was sold new and all the Shelby paperwork to authenticicate what I was trying to tell them. I have had the car dyno tuned now it is licensed due to the fuel differences from the US to Australia. She made 612 Rear wheel horse power on 98 octane pump fuel which I was over the moon with. I am really enjoying the car, and the comments we get whilst driving it. Its not every day you see a Super Snake in the world of Aussie!!

Trav.

Hi again,

One question I do have... Does anyone else have a problem putting fuel into these cars? Or am I doing something wrong? I can't imagine what that would be though?? I put the nozzle into the filler and pull trigger, at that point no matter how slow I try it seems to splash back and not let me fill up. it clicks off as if the tank is full but the gauge shows not?

Trav.

Travis,

You need to get the fuel filler line replaced. There is a known issue and for some guys it creates the exact

problem you are describing. There is a thread on TS but I could not find it.

Welcome Travis.

I have been in Melbourne Australia, and driven one of those first 2 snakes you mention.

As I have an2007 snake want me to tell if after the conversion it felt the same as mine. Well it almost did, other than the left hand shift. That was fairly easy to adjustment.

You will enjoy.

Bill

Viper Nc,

Thanks for the info. Can you tell me which part of the fuel filler, and would I be able to get that form a Ford dealer over there, or is it an aftermarket mod? I will try find the thread in the mean time.

Trav.

Viper Nc,

Thanks for the info. Can you tell me which part of the fuel filler, and would I be able to get that form a Ford dealer over there, or is it an aftermarket mod? I will try find the thread in the mean time.

Trav.

Trav,

Here is the thread. took me a while to find it. This should help and you can ping the gentleman who had the issue for more details regarding how it was resolved. Good luck!

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/81136-cant-fuel-the-shelby/

Blake

• 1 month later...

Travis: If you know anyone looking for a 2007 GT 500 40th anniversary Super Snake Convertible I have one with 2500 miles on it. It's listed on Hemmings Motor News if anyone wants to see pictures and find out the special history of the car. They can e-mail me at Kbarry50@optimum.net or call me at 631 219 6921. Thanks and Good Luck with your Super Snake. Kevin Barry

Archived