TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Need Wheel Advice, Asap

gotoatz

OK, so admittedly, I am totally ignorant in the ways of backspace, offset, blah, blah, blah.......That's ok, I can take the ridicule......But I have some questions I need to get answered ASAP.

I have a line on some rims that have caught my attention. Cragar 701's done in factory Matte Black.

18261_zps4cb3c06c.jpg

So, on to the questions. I have a 2011 with stock SVT wheels around. Currently running 275x40x20 and 255x40x19 respectively.

The above rims are advertised at 35 offset. It states 5 x 999 bolt pattern. I know the 5, but have never heard or seen 999.

1. Will 20's as noted at 35 offset fit? Especially on the front? I think factory offset is 44?

2. Will they clear the Brembos without issue?

3. Will the 275x40x20 I am currently running on the back fit on the Cragar, since it is a 9 inch wide rim?

Anything I have forgotten, please feel free to ad. I don't have much time to pull the trigger on the Cragars should I choose to do so.

Your input and knowledge is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Mike

1. Will 20's as noted at 35 offset fit? Especially on the front? I think factory offset is 44?

OEM is 45mm and Razors that clear the Brembos are 24mm so I suspect that offset will work. Offset has nothing to do with rim diameter (20") though. 20" will fit front and rear.

That I can't answer as the design of the wheel also plays a part in the fitement, along with the offset. As mentioned above the rim diameter and offset should be fine. Someone from SAI should be able to comment on the Cragar design itself.

3. Will the 275x40x20 I am currently running on the back fit on the Cragar, since it is a 9 inch wide rim?

Yes.

OEM is 45mm and Razors that clear the Brembos are 24mm so I suspect that offset will work. Offset has nothing to do with rim diameter (20") though. 20" will fit front and rear.

That I can't answer as the design of the wheel also plays a part in the fitement, along with the offset. As mentioned above the rim diameter and offset should be fine. Someone from SAI should be able to comment on the Cragar design itself.

Yes.

Wow....thanks for the quick response and info. Should I have any concern with the stated 5 x 999 bolt pattern? I'm thinking the 999 is just a place holder on the website....Don't know.

thanks again, I am strongly considering these. I think they would work well with Grabber Blue.....

Mike

Nice rims. They remind me of the ones on the GT350's

When I finally admit defeat on getting a set of Razors, I may have to consider these, as long as there is a silver or a brushed aluminum finish.

Z-man

• 1 month later...

So I have changed directions with the wheels, since the lead on the Cragar's fell through.....

I am now looking at 19 inch all round, 9 inch front and 10 inch rear. Here are the specs on the wheels....

Laguna Seca Replica Style FRONT WHEELS: 19X9, +42mm offset, 7.15" Backspace REAR WHEELS: 19X10, +47.5mm offset, 7.35" Backspace FINISH: HyperBlack FITMENT: 2005 - 2014 Ford Mustangs (clears big brakes) BOLT PATTERN: 5x4.5 (5x114.3mm)

Is there an issue in going with the 19's out back? Since I would swap the current tires on the front and just install on the new rims, (255 x 40 x 19) what would be the appropriate size for the rear now in 19's?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

• 2 years later...

Archived