TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I Cant Imagine A Wide Body Kit Being Any Good

Geneo4116

Wow, where to begin. I just got my 07 GT500 40th Anniversary back from SA where they did the full wide-body modifications. After the wide-body mods the car went to the Speed Shop where Frankie and his "wonder team" did some nice to have work like new brakes, suspension upgrades, watts linkage. 3:73 rear end and a 3.6LC Kenne Bell supercharger plus a few other nice to haves. Regarding the wide-body mods, the quality of work was nothing short of outstanding. Before going to SA, I considered having my paint and fabrication shop (who do outstanding work) install the wide-body kit. Unfortunately, their price was over 26K and while this included some very nice H1 wheels, they could not get the same wheels that SA installs on their wide-body installations. If you have not been to the factory and seen the work performed to ensure a quality build, you need to go to LV. The Shelby team does not throw these mods together and in fact, they are delaying taking on new work due to the large backlog they have already committed too. I can tell you that they could have got my car out probably a month or so earlier, however, when the paint supervisor checked the paint match on the new painted areas with the base paint (grabber orange) on the car, he was not satisfied and had the car completely repainted to ensure a consistent color quality. I am not sure another shop would have done this as the initial color match was more than "pretty good." I don't know if $18K for the full wide-body modification is a lot or not. I guess it is a matter of perspective. When you buy a GT500, it is a very nice car right out of the box and will do pretty much whatever you want. But in the end, it is just another GT500 from Ford. SA makes it "your car" with a flare and commitment to the ideals of its legendary founder. Is that work worth $18K, anyone considering the wide-body mods will have to make that decision, however, when you see the end result of the wide-body modification, it is truly beautiful! You could argue that Ford should have built it this way. In the end, I would suggest everyone stop trying to find something wrong with SA and their wide-body solution. If you get the upgrade, you will love it, if not, you will still have a great car providing loads of fun!

Wow, where to begin. I just got my 07 GT500 40th Anniversary back from SA where they did the full wide-body modifications.

If no pictures, it didn't happen! :camera: Sounds awesome, can't wait to see it.

I am somewhat new to posting and have not yet figured out how to upload pictures. I will get some out there reflecting the build and end result. I will also be at the Bash in April so the car will be available for all to see. Jon

• 2 weeks later...

Archived