TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Well Crap......

Triumph

Today hasn't started very well...Took my kid to school, and pulling into my driveway I heard a pop, crunch and dragging sound. This is what I found:

2mxe3ur.jpg

2j2vkft.jpg

But where is the passenger's side? Had to lift the car to find it wedged in the subframe and control arm.

160db2c.jpg

29vm7te.jpg

(yes the tire is worn unevenly from too much toe out)

Worst yet SA is out of stock on lower grills.

2nb4u2d.jpg

This is like a bad Monday on a Friday.

Oh that just SUCKS! I don't understand how that happened? I'm assuming no previous damage and you did not hit anything? This makes no sense to me. :headscratch:

lowered car....angled driveway with the rain gutter dip before the driveway. I've gently hit it before with the air dam, there is almost no good angle to go up the drive, and I always go slow. All I can figure is I hit it at the perfect angle to deflect the bumper and it popped out.

I was looking for these this morning and had to go run to a meeting. There are several versions, one of which allows water to flow through them down the curb. Some areas might get a little anal about that.

P.S. I find my Ford GT more compatible with my curbs than my Shelby GT was.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info I went with North American, it's funny but they drop shipped from SA.

I can't believe it didn't cracked the fascia if it got distorted enough to allow the lower grill to flex enough to pop out. No paint work? You got lucky.

Me too....however my wife bumped it with her car a few months after I bought it, and it has some cracks in the clear coat, and a nice round impression from her license plate bolt. From the sound alone I thought it was going to be 10 times worse.

Still need a grille? I have one I took off my car, has brake vents already installed.

Thanks for the offer, I actually installed the new one only a day or so before you posted. I'm always impressed with the helpfulness of everyone on TS.

Thanks for the info I went with North American, it's funny but they drop shipped from SA.

Glad it worked out. There are a lot of sub-vendors who ship from SA. You just have to look around and the pricing differences can be interesting as well.

Removing the grill involves removing the bumper cover. The grill has about 10 "tabs" that fasten to the bumper cover from the inside and it is extremely hard to reach all of the tabs with the bumper cover on the car. Off the car is easy. Cutting the holes into the grill to install the bezels is an entirely different task and very tedious. It's an oval.... not a circle. If you take your time, you can do it. Otherwise either take it to a body shop or buy a grill with pre cut holes. SA has a jig for this.

Today hasn't started very well...Took my kid to school, and pulling into my driveway I heard a pop, crunch and dragging sound. This is what I found:

2mxe3ur.jpg

2j2vkft.jpg

But where is the passenger's side? Had to lift the car to find it wedged in the subframe and control arm.

160db2c.jpg

29vm7te.jpg

(yes the tire is worn unevenly from too much toe out)

Worst yet SA is out of stock on lower grills.

2nb4u2d.jpg

This is like a bad Monday on a Friday.

Bumper cover 1.pdfBumper cover 2.pdf

Very sorry to see this happen too. Is that grill simply a pressure fit? Are there no fasteners? Part of the reason I ask is that I have the brake bezels to install and believe that I have to take the grill out to install them.

ViperNC is right, you have to take the front cover off. At least that is the way I did it to drill my stock lower grill. My attachment might help.

Archived