TEAM SHELBY FORUM

A call for YELLOW Gt500KR's

ctann

Hi all,

Well, I did the right thing. I dropped off Stangs Unleashed for a few months, and when I came back - look at the lovely news! The GT500KR is on its way...

So, now all we have to do to make all of my dreams come true, is to somehow convince Ford to do an even-more-limited release of the 2008KRs in "Special-Order Yellow". For those who aren't aware, there was a special-order paint program for the 1968 KR's, started something like half way through the production run. There were a little over a hundred KR's in the program, and about 95% of those were yellow. One of which is sitting in my garage...

So, help me out here guys! Whenever you talk to anyone at Ford, or a dealership, as for yellow (even if thats not the color you really want). If we make enough buzz about the yellow KRs, mayb, just MAYBE - I can have a pair of yellow's!

If anyone has any way to whisper this in the ears of those who make the decisions - please do it. I will be eternally greatful...

Chris.

Good luck to you! Yellow is my favorite color. I bet your '68 is beautiful. I've seen pictures of the yellow ones. I owned an '04 screaming yellow mustang and I loved it. Brightened mine and everyone else's day when they saw it! Check out this picture I found on the web (don't remember where I've had it for a while) of a yellow GT500:

YellowGT500.jpg

YellowGT500.jpg

Good luck to you! Yellow is my favorite color. I bet your '68 is beautiful. I've seen pictures of the yellow ones. I owned an '04 screaming yellow mustang and I loved it. Brightened mine and everyone else's day when they saw it! Check out this picture I found on the web (don't remember where I've had it for a while) of a yellow GT500:

I did not think yellow was a standard color for the 07 GT500? Could it be a Grabber Orange under funny lighting?

Ether way, a bright yellow KR would be the one.

I did not think yellow was a standard color for the 07 GT500? Could it be a Grabber Orange under funny lighting?

There was a "Yellow" on the early list of choices (and I believe a couple of prototypes, from memory), but "at the last minute" (I'm sure it wasn't really at the last minute, it just seemed that way from an observer's point of view), they pulled Yellow, and replaced it with the Grabber Orange.

My personal conspiracy theory? That they pulled yellow from the standard line up, so they could save it for a special KR release! Yeah, OK, I can dream can't I??? :blink:

Not too sure how to attach a photo, but if it works... here is how sweet a '68 looks!post-2861-1179900259_thumb.jpg

post-2861-1179900259_thumb.jpg

I don't think it is a GO under weird lights or even a production GT500 with a standard stripe kit. If you look closely at the the hood striping, it doesn't fully encapsulate the vents. There is about a three inch gap in front of the flared portion of the hood vents. My guess is a prototype or a poor clone.

There was a "Yellow" on the early list of choices (and I believe a couple of prototypes, from memory), but "at the last minute" (I'm sure it wasn't really at the last minute, it just seemed that way from an observer's point of view), they pulled Yellow, and replaced it with the Grabber Orange.

My personal conspiracy theory? That they pulled yellow from the standard line up, so they could save it for a special KR release! Yeah, OK, I can dream can't I??? :blink:

Not too sure how to attach a photo, but if it works... here is how sweet a '68 looks!

Man that '68 is soo sweet!!!

And hey keep dreaming it may come true. Look they just came out with the 'red stripe' package and who knows there may be more colors added in the future!

I think it is either a clone or a G O. Some test mules were screaming yellow and Legend Lime.

That photo is one of the early test mules. I remember seeing other pics of it, and even read a quote from Ol' Shel himself about how he really liked the look of the yellow GT500 with the silver striping.

Not too sure how to attach a photo, but if it works... here is how sweet a '68 looks!Shelby_restored.jpg

Wow that is a beautiful car. I really like it in yellow. I heard that they only made a few of those in 68, you have a real gem.

That picture was actually one of the first prototype pics of the GT500 that surfaced on the web. This car showed up and no one was allowed to snap a pic under the hood, but audio & video of the car starting was taken as well. Everybody panned those hood stripes, and I- for one- am eternally thankful that Ford did not produce the car with these stripes. They listened to the feedback. GO FORD!!! :)

PS- Love the Yellow KR. It's awesome!!!

BTW--Sharon,are we changing our mind? ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Hi all,

Well, I did the right thing. I dropped off Stangs Unleashed for a few months, and when I came back - look at the lovely news! The GT500KR is on its way...

So, now all we have to do to make all of my dreams come true, is to somehow convince Ford to do an even-more-limited release of the 2008KRs in "Special-Order Yellow". For those who aren't aware, there was a special-order paint program for the 1968 KR's, started something like half way through the production run. There were a little over a hundred KR's in the program, and about 95% of those were yellow. One of which is sitting in my garage...

So, help me out here guys! Whenever you talk to anyone at Ford, or a dealership, as for yellow (even if thats not the color you really want). If we make enough buzz about the yellow KRs, mayb, just MAYBE - I can have a pair of yellow's!

If anyone has any way to whisper this in the ears of those who make the decisions - please do it. I will be eternally greatful...

Chris.

Hope to see you and the car in a few weeks at the Palo Alto Concours.

Tom S

Hey look, it's a yellow Clown Car, oh I mean (preproduction) Clone Car! :hysterical2:

Not too sure how to attach a photo, but if it works... here is how sweet a '68 looks!Shelby_restored.jpg

Very nice and those are PITTSBURGH STEELER colors too!! You a FAN, if not your car is :hysterical:

Not too sure how to attach a photo, but if it works... here is how sweet a '68 looks!post-2861-1179900259_thumb.jpg

That is an awesome looking KR.

Do you have more pics? Would love to see more of that. Inside, under hood, etc.

Hi all,

Chris.

Chris, just a thought -- you might want to post your interest on one of Amy Boylan's SA threads or the KR thread. It will probably get some discussion and, if anyone, Amy has a direct line into Ford's 'mind' on the KR...

I think a special KR in Yellow would be a great idea -- especially given history... keep pushing this 'rock' until someone 'notices' and you just might see it happen -- you never know!! ;)

Dan

Archived