TEAM SHELBY FORUM

"new" 2013 In Candy Red. Thoughts On Suspension?

frazierfreud

I sold my 09 gt500 recently. that car was modded out the whazoo! it was loud, rude, and aggressive. the NVH was terrible. it was time for change. I picked up a 13' gt500 in candy red with only 930 miles on it. there was already a clear bra on it, a Shelby laser etched autograph / vin plaque, and hood lifts. it has all the options from the factory except a glass roof. I am REALLY liking this car. I am enjoying driving a stock vehicle with all the associated smoothness. I can actually talk on my phone in this car. it has tons of power. it has an aftermarket blower already (tvs), upgraded 6 piston front calipers, and all the electronic enhancements. I am very pleased thus far.

I will take it to the track some to have fun at the local road course. I'm not going to go crazy with mods on this one...at all. maybe a few. I actually would leave the power where it is at this time. I'd like to keep the warranty intact. if anything, I would consider a couple suspension tweaks. I would keep the bilstein dampers. I would really like to keep the stock type ride and comfort. I do have wheel hop. I liked my watts link in my old car...much better traction and planted around corners at speed. maybe stiffer sway bars. maybe lowering springs...that may be harsh though. anyone have suspension mods they liked that didn't involve roughening up the ride.

I sold my 09 gt500 recently. that car was modded out the whazoo! it was loud, rude, and aggressive. the NVH was terrible. it was time for change. I picked up a 13' gt500 in candy red with only 930 miles on it. there was already a clear bra on it, a Shelby laser etched autograph / vin plaque, and hood lifts. it has all the options from the factory except a glass roof. I am REALLY liking this car. I am enjoying driving a stock vehicle with all the associated smoothness. I can actually talk on my phone in this car. it has tons of power. it has an aftermarket blower already (tvs), upgraded 6 piston front calipers, and all the electronic enhancements. I am very pleased thus far.

I will take it to the track some to have fun at the local road course. I'm not going to go crazy with mods on this one...at all. maybe a few. I actually would leave the power where it is at this time. I'd like to keep the warranty intact. if anything, I would consider a couple suspension tweaks. I would keep the bilstein dampers. I would really like to keep the stock type ride and comfort. I do have wheel hop. I liked my watts link in my old car...much better traction and planted around corners at speed. maybe stiffer sway bars. maybe lowering springs...that may be harsh though. anyone have suspension mods they liked that didn't involve roughening up the ride.

Congratulations Mark on the new ride! But, damn man, you have the worst case of mod fever I've ever seen! :drop:

All kidding aside, I think you hit on it when you mentioned the watts link. IMHO that would be the best bang for the buck.

Again, congratulations and enjoy the new ride.............

the other Mark

Archived