TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone In Europe Want To Buy A Kr?

JDB

I want to take a 2-3 week vacation in 2015 driving through the countryside of the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, and northern France. No autobahn, and trying to avoid big cities. I own a KR and could ship mine there and back, but it's expensive. Might be better if I found a buyer in Europe for a KR. I would pay the one-way shipping, in exchange for driving the car for 2-3 weeks. I would inspect the car on your behalf before you buy it, so you're also getting personalized service. I could even buy KR replacement parts from Shelby to bring with.

As far as I can tell, there's only 1 black in France, 2 black and 1 blue in Switzerland, and 1 red in UK. So if someone wanted a very unique car at a fair price, silver might be the best option. But the choice is yours.

I want to take a 2-3 week vacation in 2015 driving through the countryside of the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, and northern France. No autobahn, and trying to avoid big cities. I own a KR and could ship mine there and back, but it's expensive. Might be better if I found a buyer in Europe for a KR. I would pay the one-way shipping, in exchange for driving the car for 2-3 weeks. I would inspect the car on your behalf before you buy it, so you're also getting personalized service. I could even buy KR replacement parts from Shelby to bring with.

As far as I can tell, there's only 1 black in France, 2 black and 1 blue in Switzerland, and 1 red in UK. So if someone wanted a very unique car at a fair price, silver might be the best option. But the choice is yours.

It all sounds good except.....NO AUTOBAHN.... go on, bury that speedo, while not having to worry about Johnny Law

I had mine pegged at the south side of the dial, and was still moving before I had to let up for traffic ahead....

While that is certainly is exciting, doing a buck forty around a sweeping right hander and have your rear end start to dance, that makes your other rear pucker...

May want to post same in the European Union region

Good luck, hope it comes together for you.

yeah, autobahns are where it's at. stationed in england in the late 60's, i was tooling down the autobahn in germany in my 67 gt390 mustang doing about 130 and in my rearview mirror i noticed an opel rekkord station wagon gaining on me. pride made him try to catch and pass me, but after about 5 mins his engine blew. those germans are crazy for speed no matter what they drive.

If you are serious about bringing your car to Europe, driving it, and selling it before you come back. then this is probably not the best place to "advertise". Really, the number of European participants here is maybe 10% of the population, and of those, maybe 1% are target buyers. I really think you stand a good chance of pulling off what you want to do but you need to get it outside this forum. Really, this forum has about 1% maybe 10% % of the total following the modern Shelbys. I would highly recommend you expand your horizon. First to start would be to search out some European performance car forums. I don't know where they are but they do exist.

Good Luck!

Archived