TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Side Splitter Mod

RedruM

I bought the side splitters, the rear splitter, rear diffuser, side skirts, front spoiler and rear mud flaps. All just arrived on Friday 2-14-14 but too cold at present to install in Michigan.

Yours looks great.

Have been concerned about the splitters because only picture is on Tru-fiber and I have not seen them in person but I went for anyway. How did you like them and did you also go for the rear splitter?

Hope I like the entire package after installed. The pressure from the wife and kids was to get the rear bumper and rear skirts and splitter at same time to make it all flow. Hope they were right as I went for it. Only planned on side skirts and front spoiler but then added side splitters and it went from there.

Question did you like the mod?

I will post some pictures after I get mine installed in March. As stated too cold to work out in garage at present. Darn good reason to partition off a portion and heat it.

Cliff,

I know we discussed already, but I would be shocked if you did not like the rear diffuser and agree with your family. The entire reason I did the rear on my car was to continue the flow of carbon from front to rear. I'm fairly certain you will be pleased:

2012_06_16_8500%20(Large).jpg

Looks great Viper. What have you done cosmetically to the engine bay? I am thinking of doing a combination of polished aluminum and CF. I really like the Bangastang rad cover but don't want to spend $400. Thinking of just the simple CF cover after I do the Redline hood lift.

Looks great Viper. What have you done cosmetically to the engine bay? I am thinking of doing a combination of polished aluminum and CF. I really like the Bangastang rad cover but don't want to spend $400. Thinking of just the simple CF cover after I do the Redline hood lift.

Cosmetically, very little. Just the carbon JLT intake and billet Shelby caps. Most of the work I'm doing right now is suspension related. I just ordered the rest of the carbon for the interior yesterday and I'm pretty much done with cosmetic stuff for a while. Now it is all about getting this car to handle and cool properly. I hope to be done with the majority of the mods by summer and then might get back to a few cosmetic touches. I like your idea of the carbon radiator cover.... subtle but classy touch.

Yes Blake I think you are right. We held up a few of the pieces last night and they looked great next to the car.

All of my engine bay bling items are starting to arrive. Yesterday when I got home the new engine coil covers were on the back step. Laid them over the SVT covers and they looked fantastic.

The radiator and fuse box covers are both being painted and should be here in about 3 weeks and I am replacing the hood heat extractor with a painted one to match the car. Not only is it going to be fun installing everything but a lot of work as I am also replacing the shifter amongst other things.

I am sure once its done I will be pleased and ready to roll.

Had these put on. Nice accent to front I thought

9C6406F8-3598-4F98-983D-44679D4F9A43_zps

I put those on my 2010 right after I bought it.

The ONLY issue I have with them is that when I get out of my car I often catch the back of my left heel on the splitter. My car is lowered with the FRPP FR-3 kit and that may play a part in it.

I'm planning to get the rear splitters to add to it but for some reason my account won't work on the Roush site and it won't let me make a new one. I can just go down to my Ford/Roush dealer and get them directly so no biggie.

Phill

Cosmetically, very little. Just the carbon JLT intake and billet Shelby caps. Most of the work I'm doing right now is suspension related. I just ordered the rest of the carbon for the interior yesterday and I'm pretty much done with cosmetic stuff for a while. Now it is all about getting this car to handle and cool properly. I hope to be done with the majority of the mods by summer and then might get back to a few cosmetic touches. I like your idea of the carbon radiator cover.... subtle but classy touch.

What are you putting in the interior? And who makes your front/rear splitters? Thanks!

All my carbon came from TruCarbon. Installing some tasteful interior upgrades to include door sill plates, door lock bezels, center console, mirror switch covers, and speaker rings.

It looks nice Phil. I have thought of lowering my car but now that I bought the side skirts and splitters I am going to wait and see how it looks and feels getting in and out of car.

My thinking is (have not seen them in person on a car), is that it may make the profile appear as though the car has been lowered. In your opinion did your car appear lower in person after installing the splitters?

Just looked at the long term forcast for Michigan and the cold weather is not supposed to break until the end of March. If that is the case I may not get these mods accomplished prior to the 50th. Only time will tell.

In your opinion did your car appear lower in person after installing the splitters?

YES! Absolutely. At least along the line between the wheels. And with the car physically lowered 1.5", it makes it look that much lower. They actually DO lower the side of the car a smidge but only about 1/4".

My problem is that they stick out just a tad and when I get out, I put my left foot down right next to the door sill. Which is right where the splitters are. Then when I stand up and go to take a step, the splitter catches me on the tendon and snags the back of my tenny shoe. IF I THINK ABOUT IT, it doen'st happen. It's when I'm just in 'auto mode' that I get nailed.

Not something that bothers me enough to remove them, just something to beware of if you're going to install them.

Phill

YES! Absolutely. At least along the line between the wheels. And with the car physically lowered 1.5", it makes it look that much lower. They actually DO lower the side of the car a smidge but only about 1/4".

My problem is that they stick out just a tad and when I get out, I put my left foot down right next to the door sill. Which is right where the splitters are. Then when I stand up and go to take a step, the splitter catches me on the tendon and snags the back of my tenny shoe. IF I THINK ABOUT IT, it doen'st happen. It's when I'm just in 'auto mode' that I get nailed.

Not something that bothers me enough to remove them, just something to beware of if you're going to install them.

Phill

I figured that would be the case in both instances. My 16 year old son is usually my only passenger so if he scuffs it too much then less rides for him unless he :worship: to me. If I scuff it well I will have to live with it, because there will be no less rides for me. ;)

Thanks Phil

Cliff

All my carbon came from TruCarbon. Installing some tasteful interior upgrades to include door sill plates, door lock bezels, center console, mirror switch covers, and speaker rings.

viper, i am also a fan of trucarbon i have front splitter, (just sold) rear for the 2010.and hood extractor,they have a great product,i also was thinking of the interior but unsure how it would look,when you finish installing please show some pics, thanks,(i am thinking of put there new 2013-2014 carbon front splitter on ,thats what i have on now only its the stock plastic one ,i cant get out of my driveway now without going across the driveway sideways,my car is so low i have to go over speed bumps sideways, scraping this plastic one is not that bad, but putting on the carbon fiber one from trucarbon my hurt a little when scraping,still thinking of getting it ,its a real nice peice. the picture here is with the trucarbon front splitter,rear wasn't installed here yet.(next upgrade ,getting 2013 rear brake rotor kit ,rear stock 2010 rotors look stupid with the 20' alcoas) hope the 2013 make a cosmetic difference.

Yes. Were heading out on april 13 and driving the smokies for 3 days. we have a post on it. 'spring cruisin the smokies' and we arrive in charlotte on the 16th. with the weather were having here in mich i see no way i will get my mods done as not only do u have all carbon fiber to install i also have many more engine parts to get installed and without having a heated garage its hard to do the work in an igloo.

I'll post some interior pictures of the carbon upgrades soon. I can say it made a huge difference rather than the cheap plastic OEM pieces. You can see the pictures of these parts on TruCarbon's website and it pretty much looks like what I have. I'll be stopping by at the speedway to hang out for a couple hours while the show is in town. Too many family responsibilities to dedicate an entire weekend to it, so my car will not be there... just me and the kids.

are any of you guys going to 50th mustang aniversary in april ?

There's a good chance I am. To the Las Vegas one.

Phill

I'll post some interior pictures of the carbon upgrades soon. I can say it made a huge difference rather than the cheap plastic OEM pieces. You can see the pictures of these parts on TruCarbon's website and it pretty much looks like what I have. I'll be stopping by at the speedway to hang out for a couple hours while the show is in town. Too many family responsibilities to dedicate an entire weekend to it, so my car will not be there... just me and the kids.

so the show is not at the speedway , how far away is the show from the speedway ? i am driving down from ny on the 17th(not with the shelby) so i quess i will have to find my way around. i thought the speedway was large enough to hold all events?

Archived