TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone Signed Up To Drive The Track At The Lv 50Th Show?

Triumph

I am signed up to drive the road course at the 50th Mustang Anniversary Show in Las Vegas. Has anyone else already driven the road course at the speedway before? Anyone else signed up to drive? I've found two different courses and am wondering if anyone knows what config they are going to use.....

This is the course the exotics racing uses

http://youtu.be/L4ANZ3KPVwg

This is the one I am hoping to drive

http://youtu.be/Qj9kiFlUTWc

I am signed up to drive the road course at the 50th Mustang Anniversary Show in Las Vegas. Has anyone else already driven the road course at the speedway before? Anyone else signed up to drive? I've found two different courses and am wondering if anyone knows what config they are going to use.....

This is the course the exotics racing uses

http://youtu.be/L4ANZ3KPVwg

This is the one I am hoping to drive

http://youtu.be/Qj9kiFlUTWc

It will be the second one or the "outside" road course. I've driven the course four times and it is okay. No elevation changes and fairly predictable apex driving. In my opinion it is a good course for beginner to intermediate drivers and will be a fun day to add to the 50th celebration.

Gerry gave it a spot assessment

I'm passing on the this years track event, may have considered done the inside, all in all a big let down compare to the Spring Mountain course used for the 50th Shelby Bash.

I am signed up for track time on Thursday & Friday! Have never driven at VMS but am a regular at Sebring and Daytona here in FL. Check out my YouTube vids, including the wreck in '12(slight bad language)--vanderwarrior1. The car, white Shelby GT #76.Come say hi!

I'm passing on the this years track event, may have considered done the inside, all in all a big let down compare to the Spring Mountain course used for the 50th Shelby Bash.

That's disappointing. I really like the Spring Mountain track, I've done 3 track days there, and am getting to drive the new track they've built in early April. Last year it was only open to members. They are going to re-do the existing track, repave and widen it so it can be run in both directions. Here is the new track addition.

http://youtu.be/xg2o2SYWmGU

I am signed up for track time on Thursday & Friday! Have never driven at VMS but am a regular at Sebring and Daytona here in FL. Check out my YouTube vids, including the wreck in '12(slight bad language)--vanderwarrior1. The car, white Shelby GT #76.Come say hi!

I'm signed up for Friday.

I'll look for you guys, stop by and say hi. Silversurfer, sorry to hear about your car, I'm watching the youtube video now.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, Triumph!

It's all right, I spent 6 months rebuilding and making her better and stronger. You will see on the track. See ya there!

I'll look for you guys, stop by and say hi. Silversurfer, sorry to hear about your car, I'm watching the youtube video now.

• 4 weeks later...

Any info on drag racing? I thought I heard it mentioned but haven't seen any sign ups.

MCA said that they didn't get anybody to sign up for drag racing, so they cancelled any drag racing to my knowledge. Which of course is another absolute communication snafu by the MCA because if there was anywhere to sign up for drag racing, I would have done it. I searched and searched multiple times from when it first opened for about 3 weeks. So if there was anywhere to sign up for drag racing, they hid it really well.

I'm thinking this will be my first and last MCA event. No where near the planning and coordination as Team Shelby.

Yes, Its been an issue however, comparing the two MCA events to anything Team Shelby has done is like comparing a morning cars and coffee to pebble beach. No comparison.

MCA said that they didn't get anybody to sign up for drag racing, so they cancelled any drag racing to my knowledge. Which of course is another absolute communication snafu by the MCA because if there was anywhere to sign up for drag racing, I would have done it. I searched and searched multiple times from when it first opened for about 3 weeks. So if there was anywhere to sign up for drag racing, they hid it really well.

There was a very short window that I had seen on their website regarding drag racing. I downloaded the sign up sheet and a couple days later I went back on the website and the link was gone. I emailed about it and was informed it was cancelled. I was very disappointed about that!

Dan

No drag racing now? That's lame. What would they rather us do? Line up on the strip at a red light and take turns? Well, that actually sounds fun! Maybe someone can get the authorities to shut down some of the strip for some runs! It's been done before! Vegas strip-Drag Strip!!

image.jpg

I'm thinking this will be my first and last MCA event. No where near the planning and coordination as Team Shelby.

I hear that! I signed up as a MCA member over 2 1/2 months ago. Numerous e-mails have been sent, but nothing....very poorly ran IMO.

There was a very short window that I had seen on their website regarding drag racing. I downloaded the sign up sheet and a couple days later I went back on the website and the link was gone. I emailed about it and was informed it was cancelled. I was very disappointed about that!

Dan

My buddy and I both filled out the forms and mailed them in. We both got letters sent back to us saying there wasn't enough interest and they cancelled it.

It's 2014. Who the heck makes people print out forms and mail them in?

Drag racing cost less than the road course and I know there's been a TON of interest in the road course, so one could reason there would have been the same amount, if not more, of interest in drag racing.

Unless you have a change of tires the drag racing may turn out to be a 1/4 mile burnout session.............

I would love to but Not practical for out of towners like me

LOL, that's why I wanted to drag race, to see if I could do a 1/4 mile burnout. :peelout:

I hear that! I signed up as a MCA member over 2 1/2 months ago. Numerous e-mails have been sent, but nothing....very poorly ran IMO.

Were doing the best we can. There are two people to answer 1000's of emails and they work their regular jobs too.

What email address are you sending questions to?

Archived