TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Does Anyone Run Pirelli P-Zero's Looking For Feedback

ShelbyKR664

I am in the middle of a few debates with some other gear heads. I was set on some MP A/S 3 275-35-20 on all four corners. Cost around $1300 installed on my 20 x 9 Aloca's.

I have heard more than once to save my money and go with the Nitto 555's. Recently I ran into a 09 GT500 owner and he swears by the Pirelli P-Zero 265-35-20.

I can get a set of the Pirelli's for $800 via a local Audi dealer. They are OEM for A7's, A8's and R8. I respect Audi's decisions a great deal. Has anybody run the P-Zero's?

Opinions greatly appreciaterd

I am in the middle of a few debates with some other gear heads. I was set on some MP A/S 3 275-35-20 on all four corners. Cost around $1300 installed on my 20 x 9 Aloca's.

I have heard more than once to save my money and go with the Nitto 555's. Recently I ran into a 09 GT500 owner and he swears by the Pirelli P-Zero 265-35-20.

I can get a set of the Pirelli's for $800 via a local Audi dealer. They are OEM for A7's, A8's and R8. I respect Audi's decisions a great deal. Has anybody run the P-Zero's?

I'm pretty sure, but not positive that the owner of the car in the link below still had his Pirelli P-Zero's on his car, as installed by the Shelby Mod Shop.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/41813-super-snake-passes-them-all-at-buttomwillow/?hl=buttomwillow

If so, they must have done quite well to lead the field of cars listed, that he passed.............

R

I had Pirelli P-Zero Rosso's on the front of my car and I was not happy with them. When I had the car out for a track day, they sang like a cheap opera singer, even at moderate speeds. They also had the nasty habit of chunking. I ended up with Bridgestone RE-11's, 285/35/19 all the way around. Much, much better tires. Especially when they cost me $306 a tire.

Mark

Thanks for the opinions. In my research, I also discovered that Ford puts 19" P -Zeros on the Boss 302's. Maybe a Boss owner can chime in. Thanks again.

That red SSnake looks really good! I remember reading that thread back in.

Archived