TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Gts For Sale

GTH064

• 2 weeks later...

Was disappointed in the final #, $33k and the fact that a dealer bought it to mark it up, but i was in a difficult position and had no choice. Going to Minnesota. Thanks again for all your support and hope to be back in the forums with another one when things work themselves out.

• 1 month later...

Tim,

Glad it's well appreciated and will be taken care of! Lots of luck with it!

PS: guess I should change my profile name now LOL!!!

I believe she already joined the GTS owners page. She's one excited lady

Matt congrats on the wife getting herself a Shelby. When you showed me the pics at Shelbyfest I know you were in shock that the wife bought on her own. It's looks like it was a great purchase!

Mike

Yeah, she did good! She got caught in the rain the other day so today I started on mine at 7am, finished that up and spent the rest of the day on her GTS. The paint is in VERY good shape but the wheels were horrid. Cleaned those all up, scraped some window decals off and had her ready to go! a couple of things I noticed that maybe you guys can help me out with....

First, the stripes are peeling off in a lot of areas. What's the procedure for getting the "Azure blue" stripes from SA?

2nd, although there is only 2800 miles on the car, the F1's are cracked all over. Do I consult the brain trust @ Goodyear through the manufacturers tire warranty info or contact SA about that as well? Also, the rear deck lid "GTS" faux gas cap has some sort of deterioration on it, in the inside circle. Is there a guy at SA that specifically handles issues with the cars coming out of there?

Thanks guys!

although there is only 2800 miles on the car, the F1's are cracked all over. Do I consult the brain trust @ Goodyear through

Thanks guys!

Those are old KR tires left over from 2008. Why SA would put those on a 2013 is the question.

Tim,

I conferred with Jer several times about the faux cap discoloration as others had the same issue. Like many other issues presented to Jer you're lucky if something ever comes of it! I too noticed the stripes pulling away at the lower facia from the first day I got her but got no help as well. As for the wheels you have to blame the age because as you see they have never been abused, burnout tested or had been driven for long. She still looks amazing!!! Good luck!

Nice car. I only live a few minutes from that dealership. Are you bringing both cars to the Apple Valley Ford show next month?

I certainly could I guess. I should say, I'd like to. Never brought my car to any shows except down to Shelbyfest. Might be fun!

As far as the stripes go, the reason for the ends peeling up is just basic laziness in the preparation. They cleaned the main part but didn't mess with the ends. Fortunately it's only on the rockers and the front and lower facia. Simple fix, I just need the vinyl and can do it myself. I did my GT500 and have zero issues BUT, I took my time and made sure I prepped all the areas completely so that I didn't get any "lifting." Once the stripe lifts, it's over and you might as well start over. The tires, well that's a common problem with the Goodyears but I'm still not sure how that will shake out. Either way, they'll be replaced.

Anytime I have a had a problem and brought it to Jer, it was handled quickly. However, something like a warranty issue wouldn' fall under Jer's division, though I am sure he would do his best to help remedy it. But, Jer also has his hands more than full with all his duties at Shelby. I imagine he would love to have a few more hands to cover EVERYTHING he has to deal with.

Archived