TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carbon Fiber Chin Spoiler

In case anyone is looking for a replacement CF spoiler it looks like lethal is now carrying TruCarbon. I have worried about how I would replace mine if it was damaged since Shelby stopped selling them. Here is one that looks like the one's on the later 40th builds. http://www.lethalperformance.com/trucarbon-07-09-shelby-gt500-carbon-fiber-lg104kr-chin-spoiler.html

tc10024-lg104kr-2.jpg

In case anyone is looking for a replacement CF spoiler it looks like lethal is now carrying TruCarbon. I have worried about how I would replace mine if it was damaged since Shelby stopped selling them. Here is one that looks like the one's on the later 40th builds. http://www.lethalperformance.com/trucarbon-07-09-shelby-gt500-carbon-fiber-lg104kr-chin-spoiler.html

tc10024-lg104kr-2.jpg

Just wanted to let you know.. We purchased one of these for our 40th..We have the early style spoiler...

Anyway.. We orderred from JLT True Cold Air..dropped shipped direct from TruCarbon....

We were NOT impressed. It looked great.. But chipped very easily! Not near the QUALITY of the original

equipment.

I've got the TruCarbon splitter as well. While I agree it is not the same quality as the factory piece, it does look great and is good value. I have a few chips in the clear here and there from road debris, but would argue the factory splitter would look very after 10,000 miles.

• 2 weeks later...

If you look at where it attaches to the wheel well the Gen 1 breaks straight up into the wheel well. On the Gen II, Ford made them alter it a bit so it would infringe on their design (parts have to be 40% different, not to infringe). It has a sweeping radius that sweeps up into the wheel well over the paint just like Viper NC has.

Here is a picture of a 40th with the Gen 1 or some call Mark 1. I went back to Nov. 2008 to find that info from Speedracer who posted it under.

Carbon fiber Replacement

$_57.JPG

If I recall correctly, Cobrafan ordered the last Gen 1 from SPP and at that time was still in the box. Don might let it go to another attic orphan.

Wrong. Nothing is for sale. I am an attic investor.

For a cheap alternative you can buy the stock black splitter and have it hydro carboned. I took my original splitter off and had my stocker hydro carboned and put on. No worries about it and my leather bra fits it.

This is the answer for all those that want a gen one.

Archived