TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Help Needed In Purchase Of A Boss

Doug_GT350

I have a friend (local police officer) that is looking at buying a newer Boss (he didn't tell me what year) but he has some questions and he would like to speak to someone in the know. So far I gathered info that he thinks the spolier and shifter were changed and I think he wants to make sure he's not being taken for a ride.

PM me with contact info and I'll forward it on.

Thanks for any help.

I might sell my 2013 Grabber Blue Boss 302. I have the recaros, car cover, MGW shifter, Shelby Revan radiator, brake duct kit installed, track key. It has 5,000 miles on it and I need to get $40,000 I can't and will not sell it for any less.

Feel free to forward him my number.... I do have two customers looking to unload theirs, one modded and low miles, the other stock.

I am trying to buy a set of the Black Boss 302 wheels so if know anyone selling theirs let me know... I guess FORD not selling them to the public which is stupid these are great wheels

It never ceases to amaze me.... I asked for someone that knows something about the newer Boss to help a friend and answer some of his questions. What I got was several offers from people to buy theirs, not an ounce of help!

Hello Doug,

I have 2013, not for sale. If I were looking for a used Boss, here is what I would look for:

a) no modifications.

b) low miles.

c) carfax.

d) service history records.

e) warranty history records, and I would verify history through independent source.

d) location and private party only.

f) if the person has race tires that were on the car, I wouldn't touch it.

g) it would have to have the optional Torsen Differential and Recaro Seats.

h) color choice.

Did I mention If the car is modded in any way, I wouldn't touch it.

Edit: I wouldn't pass a nice Boss because it had an MGW shifter. I also think CarFax isn't reliable, so I would do my own inspection for damage or have someone you trust do it.

What are his questions? Can you post them here?

summerodeo had a great suggestion to visit the Boss302.com because he can learn a lot by just going to that forum and spending a few hours surfing.

yeah I'm sure he did some research which is why he had questions. It appeared o him that the spoiler and shifter were changed and he wanted to know if the stock ones could be found. I'm pretty sure he got his answers. It was one of those quick I need an answer now moments.

The stock shifter was pretty much junk if they swapped it with a MGW he is much better off. I assume that you could buy the original shifter used from many people who switched theirs out. I would guess you could pick up the rear spoiler at the Ford dealer. One of the cheapest places to buy parts is from tousley ford in White Bear lake just ask for INTERNET PRICING they sell for 10% over cost and will ship everywhere. You will have to call them to get the special internet pricing..... I see that Tousley is now called autonation....here is there website

http://parts.autonationfordwhitebearlake.com/parts/index.cfm?searchText=f3tz-1130-f&make=Ford&action=oePartSearch&siteid=214771

• 3 weeks later...

I have a stock shifter I will sell. Removed from my 2013 GB boss when it has 5300 miles. Will take $100 for it. If interested text me at 316-737-5601. Thanks, Billy

Hello Doug,

I have 2013, not for sale. If I were looking for a used Boss, here is what I would look for:

a) no modifications.

b) low miles.

c) carfax.

d) service history records.

e) warranty history records, and I would verify history through independent source.

d) location and private party only.

f) if the person has race tires that were on the car, I wouldn't touch it.

g) it would have to have the optional Torsen Differential and Recaro Seats.

h) color choice.

Did I mention If the car is modded in any way, I wouldn't touch it.

My boss is modded (suspension) and is much better for it.....

My boss is modded (suspension) and is much better for it.....

That's good about your choice. My opinion was just based on my own personal experiences. I've never been able to sell a car that I modified and recoup the extra money spent on mods. I also found it's much easier to sell in original form. I guess it's all about what your goals are.

The stock shifter was pretty much junk if they swapped it with a MGW he is much better off. I assume that you could buy the original shifter used from many people who switched theirs out. I would guess you could pick up the rear spoiler at the Ford dealer. One of the cheapest places to buy parts is from tousley ford in White Bear lake just ask for INTERNET PRICING they sell for 10% over cost and will ship everywhere. You will have to call them to get the special internet pricing..... I see that Tousley is now called autonation....here is there website

http://parts.autonationfordwhitebearlake.com/parts/index.cfm?searchText=f3tz-1130-f&make=Ford&action=oePartSearch&siteid=214771

The stock shifter in my Boss seems to work good, not saying MGW isn't better, but I will say the car isn't worth more money because of an MGW. I did notice the Boss I drove at Miller Motorsports had a stock shifter and I ran that as hard as I could. I think this really helped me get used to shifting my own Boss.

On the street it doesn't matter but on the road course it is extremely noticeable especially shifting from 2nd to 3rd . Your probably right that mods do not add much value but if you get the right buyer who would do those same mods then it does add value for both the buyer and seller.

I am trying to buy a set of the Black Boss 302 wheels so if know anyone selling theirs let me know... I guess FORD not selling them to the public which is stupid these are great wheels

Hey 39Mustang I have a set of 2012 Boss wheels that came off mine that I'd like to sell but they are used so they have a but of road rash. If you're seriously interested let me know and if you want you can see them on eBay I'll be posting an ad for them this week.

There are quite alot of Bosses that are run at the track at DEs and TTs which is EXACTLY what the car was built for. Some with minor mods some without. They are damn near indestructible with forged internals.

If you want a " collectible" I guess u want a bone stock car to drive to the show and shines.

My '12 CO Boss has minor mods that greatly improve the car hands down. H&R race springs, Koni Yellows, Griggs pan hard bar, Max Motorsports caster camber plates, Kooks side pipes, FRPP brake cooling ducts, Steeda shifter bushing ( transforms the stock shifter ) and Michilen Super Sports 275 square, Ferodo pads, hi temp Motul brake fluid.

Archived