TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Store/old Ways

davidbdzuris

Sure hate to be negative about SA (Store) but I have to vent, we just visited the new facility and were very impressed over all. The only negative was that I wanted to purchase several hundred $$$$ worth of Shelby items and when I went up to the counter and advised the cashier that I am a member of Team Shelby which of course provides us with a discount (see annual membership details) only to hear " if you don't have the actual card in hand the store employees were informed by SA management that they would no longer have access or be able to cross reference member information".

Really.......so here it is 2014, technology everywhere, new building, new offices and no one thought that a member excel file should be loaded on the store's file server?

We still purchased the items and sure didn't want to stand there and argue with 10 people behind us but someone needs to take a look at this policy and revise it.

Thanks for reading!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure hate to be negative about SA (Store) but I have to vent, we just visited the new facility and were very impressed over all. The only negative was that I wanted to purchase several hundred $$$$ worth of Shelby items and when I went up to the counter and advised the cashier that I am a member of Team Shelby which of course provides us with a discount (see annual membership details) only to hear " if you don't have the actual card in hand the store employees were informed by SA management that they would no longer have access or be able to cross reference member information".

Really.......so here it is 2014, technology everywhere, new building, new offices and no one thought that a member excel file should be loaded on the store's file server?

We still purchased the items and sure didn't want to stand there and argue with 10 people behind us but someone needs to take a look at this policy and revise it.

Thanks for reading!

Well SHIT. I normally don't carry my TS card on me so I better remember to put it in my wallet so I don't run into the same problem.

Phill

Yes, I would be disappointed as well. I don't usually carry any of those member/ discount cards if I don't have to as every retailer has them now and there's just too many of them. I usually just have to give a contact number or show i.d. and I'm good.

Thanks for reading!

Thanks for the info...Put my card in my wallet...Will be there this April....

Thanks for reading!

Thanks for the info.although I am sure it was major ally frustrating at the time for you!

There will be many TS members going down over the next few months,let alone with the upcoming TS Bash in April. I am sure that Jer will be taking a close look at this problem and fixing it!!!!

He is always hot when it comes to giving top quality service and support to people and TS members who want to purchase anything from SPP............just watch this space!!!!!!!!

I would have been pretty upset about this and probably logged into TeamShelby on my phone to show them that I was a member. You could have always asked to speak to JER....LOL

At the Bash they are more forgiving because everybody that is at the bash is a TeamShelby member....you have to be otherwise you can't get a ticket.

Everyone:

I have not instructed my staff to turn away members with no cards. It's certainly WAY easier when you carry it (and part of why we issue them!), but you should not be refused your discount.

I will look into this.

BTW, a simple email to me is way more effective than a forum post, as many people here will tell you.

Jer

Thanks for reading!

I just looked on your profile and there is NO BIG TEAMSHELBY logo under your name. Are you sure you are a paying Teamshelby member? When you pay the $50 a year you get a big teamshelby logo with your region on it. If you were a paying member you might have let your membership expire otherwise you would have the logo.

I was there for the 50th Bash, and when checking out I asked if there was a Team Shelby discount. The cashier said "Sure, do you have yor membership card?" I didn't have the card so she said "no problem, what is your member number?" I told her I had no idea, and smirked, "who knows their membership number?" She replied, "You would be surprised how many folks have their number memorized!"

....Then she rang up my order and gave me the discount anyway.

I will carry my card with me next time I go to Las Vegas.

Z-man

Thanks for reading!

David,

If you have questions about your Membership's expiration date, call Tim Hill at (702) 405-3500.

Thanks!

Jer

Everyone:

I have not instructed my staff to turn away members with no cards. It's certainly WAY easier when you carry it (and part of why we issue them!), but you should not be refused your discount.

I will look into this.

BTW, a simple email to me is way more effective than a forum post, as many people here will tell you.

Jer

See,I told you Jer would be on this!!!!!!! Lol!

I would have been pretty upset about this and probably logged into TeamShelby on my phone to show them that I was a member. You could have always asked to speak to JER....LOL

No "LOL" needed, that's genuinely good advice! I always make time for our customers.

Jer

Well SHIT. I normally don't carry my TS card on me so I better remember to put it in my wallet so I don't run into the same problem.

Phill

Phill, you're all set. We have your picture taped up behind the counter.

Jer

No "LOL" needed, that's genuinely good advice! I always make time for our customers.

Jer

I know you always go the extra mile for everybody. I did the LOL because you are one busy dude and I am sure your are running around non stop all day long and everybody wants you to come to the rescue.

At the Bash they are more forgiving because everybody that is at the bash is a TeamShelby member....you have to be otherwise you can't get a ticket.

This time will be much more difficult, with so many Mustang fans in town for the 50th Anniversary Celebration… so the reverse is actually true for this one.

Jer

I know you always go the extra mile for everybody. I did the LOL because you are one busy dude and I am sure your are running around non stop all day long and everybody wants you to come to the rescue.

It's what I'm paid to do, and I took the job because I WANTED to do it. No inconvenience at all, ever.

I always hope people realize I'm a longtime Team Shelby member myself, I GET it.

Jer

It does seem a little behind the times. I don't carry my Safeway club card either. I just plug in my phone number for a identifier or at Wooden Boat Chandlery tell them my name and they look it up.

Guys, please read all the posts above before adding to the noise… This was a misunderstanding, that's all. The situation will be rectified.

Not trying to be harsh, I just want to set the record straight and move on to better topics, like arguing about which wheels are beautiful.

:lol:

Jer

I will have my Team Shelby membership card with me.

You won't need it. You'll be wearing your super-cool Team Shelby Vegas Bash 2014 lanyard and name tag!

Jer

Wait, we get a lanyard if we go to this Bash thing? I need to look into that.

Well, all members have a lanyard, it came in the Membership pack.

You will get a pass to clip on it with your Registration Kit when you arrive at The Bash.

Jer

Guys,

This wasn't meant to be negative in any way or create a firestorm. I was only trying to bring the change into focus for future members to be aware.I visited the Shelby store several times in the past (as recent as October 2013) and never carried my card and was always given the discount. I was more surprised at the response the clerk gave me since I provided my credit card and drivers license which I thought could be cross checked.

Thanks for all the comments, I literally just renewed my membership and look forward to staying in touch with all Team Shelby Members

Guys, please read all the posts above before adding to the noise… This was a misunderstanding, that's all. The situation will be rectified.

Not trying to be harsh, I just want to set the record straight and move on to better topics, like arguing about which wheels are beautiful.

:lol:

Jer

OR which color is faster, such as Black with Lime Green Graphics.

Archived