TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Gt/sc: Some Questions: History And Other . . .

svtkarma

Hello, again.

Much thanks to everyone who participated in my earlier Forum about GT/SC production numbers and other questions. If you have not read the threads, including my final post, please do so. The threads are informative, and my ignorance was kindly tolerated. Now, I am more informed, which leads to more questions.

Therefore, I would like to ask a few more questions, some in response to comments on my prior Post:

1. It has been mentioned that maybe 200 GT/SC's have been produced.

a) should "produced" be changed to "registered and certified at/by _______________". Not sure what goes in the blank line. Help/suggestion appreciated.

b) Where did the "200" figure come from? Is there a printed source?

c) Is the 200 number only for 2007-08 white/red/blue cars? Can the numbers per color be found?

2. Why will Shelby not disclose the GT/SC numbers? It makes no sense to me. If anything, it helps promote the exclusivity of the brand/pedigree. And it shouldn't matter whether or not the option still is available. Am I missing something in my thoughts? GT500 numbers seem readily available.

Any comments?

3. About the GT/SC pedigree--could someone help me reconstruct the time line and family tree--my dates/numbers are just a guess, to get us started. If there is a web source for this information, I'll go there.

2006-7 GT-H. The "mother" platform? 500 made, 497 auto, 03 stick, _______ verts, _______ coupes? How many of these Shelby GT-H modifications became the baseline for future Shelby GT mods?

2007: Barret Jackson GT: 100 made. _____ stick, _____ auto,______ vert,_______coupes?

2007-2008: Shelby GT: _______made, colors, auto/stick, vert/coupes?

2007-09: California Special: _____ made, colors, auto/stick, vert/coupes.

2007: GT/SC: White or Black. ______ made, ______stick________auto______vert_______coupes.

2008: GT/SC: Blue ______ made, ______stick________auto______vert_______coupes?

After the above, what has happened to the Shelby GT "DNA and family tree"?

Which came first: GT/SC or California Special, and is the Cal Special a full Shelby GT, or just a body/facelift Mustang?

And, am I missing some "branches" of the family tree?

4. Perceived value question: As all of you know, 2007-2008 GT500's can be found between $24k and $38k, and many with one owner, low miles in the mid-range of these prices. In the marketplace, these GT500's are your competition. How would you distinguish the GT/SC from the GT500? Time to brag and and shout to the world, "I am not a GT500!"

5. Registry: Does anyone have any knowledge of any attempt to create a GT/SC registry? With just 200 (?) cars certified, and many in hands of 1st/2nd owners, shouldn't it be easy to build a registry? These owners are special, and they know it. It is a small club. Any comment?

6. Does anyone know how many GT/SC owners are registered on this Forum?

Thanks again for all of the help. I am grateful, and maybe, a future GT/SC owner. I was just about to buy another 04 Terminator in competition orange (1 of 281 made), low miles, and, unfortunately, high dollar (always the case with low mileage 03-04 Cobras), . . . and then I stumbled onto a picture of GT/SC. So, here we are . . .

Hello, again.

Much thanks to everyone who participated in my earlier Forum about GT/SC production numbers and other questions. If you have not read the threads, including my final post, please do so. The threads are informative, and my ignorance was kindly tolerated. Now, I am more informed, which leads to more questions.

Therefore, I would like to ask a few more questions, some in response to comments on my prior Post:

1. It has been mentioned that maybe 200 GT/SC's have been produced.

a) should "produced" be changed to "registered and certified at/by _______________". Not sure what goes in the blank line. Help/suggestion appreciated.

b) Where did the "200" figure come from? Is there a printed source?

c) Is the 200 number only for 2007-08 white/red/blue cars? Can the numbers per color be found?

The SC package was for 2006/2007 SGT-H (Black, Coupe/Vert), 2007 SGT (Black or White, Coupe only) & 2008 SGT (GO Coupe only, VB Coupe/Vert, Black BJ Coupe/Vert) Not sure where you got the Red from?

2. Why will Shelby not disclose the GT/SC numbers? It makes no sense to me. If anything, it helps promote the exclusivity of the brand/pedigree. And it shouldn't matter whether or not the option still is available. Am I missing something in my thoughts? GT500 numbers seem readily available.

Any comments?

At some point there is suppose to be a Registry with the information you're looking for, you have to remember the SGT was a pre-title conversion performed under contract by SA for Ford. The GT500 were built by Ford under a license agreement with SA, the production numbers come from Ford.

3. About the GT/SC pedigree--could someone help me reconstruct the time line and family tree--my dates/numbers are just a guess, to get us started. If there is a web source for this information, I'll go there.

2006-7 GT-H. The "mother" platform? 500 made, 497 auto, 03 stick, _______ verts, _______ coupes? How many of these Shelby GT-H modifications became the baseline for future Shelby GT mods? There were a total of 1000 made; 500 Coupe '06/500 Verts '07. The differences can be found in the SGT sections in the forums. Many of the SGT-H mods were the base of the 'retail' SGTs of '07 & '08.

2007: Barret Jackson GT: 100 made. _____ stick, _____ auto,______ vert,_______coupes? These were part of the 2008 build not 2007, and someday this information is SUPPOSE to be part of the Registry (sore subject with me)

2007-2008: Shelby GT: _______made, colors, auto/stick, vert/coupes? Same answer as above, suppose to be in the Registry someday.

2007-09: California Special: _____ made, colors, auto/stick, vert/coupes. The Cal Special has NOTHING to do with Shelby or the SGT other than some of its components (front/rear bumper covers & side scoops) were used in the factory assembly at Flat Rock prior to shipment to SA for the conversion.

2007: GT/SC: White or Black. ______ made, ______stick________auto______vert_______coupes. No Verts with the exception of the SGT-H

2008: GT/SC: Blue ______ made, ______stick________auto______vert_______coupes? You'd need to include the GO southern Cal Specials and the BJ's in this list.

After the above, what has happened to the Shelby GT "DNA and family tree"? I have no clue what you're asking here?

Which came first: GT/SC or California Special, and is the Cal Special a full Shelby GT, or just a body/facelift Mustang? Again, the California Special has nothing to do with SA...

And, am I missing some "branches" of the family tree?

4. Perceived value question: As all of you know, 2007-2008 GT500's can be found between $24k and $38k, and many with one owner, low miles in the mid-range of these prices. In the marketplace, these GT500's are your competition. How would you distinguish the GT/SC from the GT500? Time to brag and and shout to the world, "I am not a GT500!" You're 'picking a scab' here and there other plenty of other threads on this forum that cover this subject.

5. Registry: Does anyone have any knowledge of any attempt to create a GT/SC registry? With just 200 (?) cars certified, and many in hands of 1st/2nd owners, shouldn't it be easy to build a registry? These owners are special, and they know it. It is a small club. Any comment?

I would assume this will be included in the Registry at some point, since all of the Official Mod Shop conversions received a separate engine bay plate and COA.

6. Does anyone know how many GT/SC owners are registered on this Forum?

Thanks again for all of the help. I am grateful, and maybe, a future GT/SC owner. I was just about to buy another 04 Terminator in competition orange (1 of 281 made), low miles, and, unfortunately, high dollar (always the case with low mileage 03-04 Cobras), . . . and then I stumbled onto a picture of GT/SC. So, here we are . . .

First off I did not upgrade mine to a SGT/SC.... But I'll attempt to clear up some facts with your list... See my updates in Red Font......

Thanks again for taking the time to answer the questions. I meant "black" not red when asking about the three GT/SC colors. My mistake.

As for "family tree", I was really just seeking to establish the chronology and variations of Shelby GT's, starting with the GT-H. It seems, the GT-H was made, with some acclaim. Subsequently, the GT was introduced, launched off the GT-H package. Then Barrett Jackson did a special version of 100 cars. Then, or coincidentally, the SC package was made available. Is this all correct? Are there any other SGT variants?

Then, did the GT option cease after 2008? I see that the SC option is available for 2014. Did the SC option cease after 2008, or has it continuously been available?

Any idea who might be working on the SGT registry? I assume the GT/SC will be sub-set of this registry--is this correct in your opinion

Finally, curious about your feelings on the Barrett Jackson cars. Can you share?

Again, thanks very much.

All of your questions can be answered with the "search" button at the top of the screen. For example, type in registry and you will find many posts on the topic with very specific answers. I'm not trying to be rude, but each and every one of your questions can have answers that would take paragraphs if not pages to answer and all of that information is in details on many posts. Each model has quite a bit of detail and can have many differences. If you just want to learn about the 500 2006 GT-H coupes, there is a ton of information out there about that one model. Knowing how many of the 2006 coupes have been converted GT-H/SC's out there is not even a known number at this time. Many of your questions could take pages to answer. It's not as simple as filling in the blanks.

It's a noble quest, but that is a whole lot of questions. If you want to understand a bit on how difficult this quest is, just look at the topic about the number of Terlinguas, and heck, there are less than 45 of those.

I understand. I'm not trying to find out everything there is to know about the SGT and have it all laid out on a single post. What I am seeking is just the very "broad brush" picture, sort of an outline. Less than a week ago, I was an "outsider" as far all things SGT. Then I stumble across the SC variant, and "wow" flashes in my head. I want to know more. I seek and collect exclusive cars, and here was a model that never appeared on my radar screen. Seeking info on the SC leads right to SGT line, and again, I'm impressed with pedigree. So how, I ask, how do I find out more?

And sure enough, trying to find out about the SC is a daunting task. The SGT is a little easier, but history gets murky as far production numbers, last year of production, variants (GT-H, Barrett Jackson (?), and SC).

I'm really trying to place the SGT into a big picture of all Shelby vehicles 2007-now. And I'm hoping not to have to cobble results together from many different posts and threads. If necessary, though, I put in the effort.

If I seem naive, it is true. If I seem lazy, it is not true. And interestingly, if SGT and GT/SC owners ever want to sell their cars to existing SGT owners, it is a easy deal. However, to widen the sales universe to an "outsider' such as me, and these questions emerge.

Thanks for the patience.

Maybe Steve could put up again the Barrett Jackson manual/auto/coupe/convertible breakdown. Auto verts are definitely rare beasts :)

I think I had the second BJ GT/SC. Reggie Jackson's car was, as I recall, #1. I saw it as the "reference" when I dropped mine off and it had just been finished. There may have been a few others that snuck in. I was at the Vegas auction with my Cobra and Craig and another of the BJ folks were both leaving their cars to get the GT/SC that week.

I had the Kenne Bell on both of my cars. I never got to drive the 5-speed as it went to auction, but the GT/SC auto was a hoot. I had fun with it and it didn't scare my wife too much.

Archived