TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Best Choice For Lowering And Launch

hobbsrd

I have a 2009 Gt500 I would like to lower but keep same ride quality for ever daily driving and need better launch control where wheels don't hop. any suggestions would be grateful.

i have takico lowering springs ,front and rear , the ride quality will always change,but i don't use mine as a daily driver,so it does not bother me,i also put in steeda billet lower control arms with do a great job at keeping the car straight on launches,as far as wheel hop i don't do to many standing still starts so i cant give you any feed back on that ,in the picture of my car you can also see the control arms and in this picture i also had H&R lowering springs the new springs made the car a little lower

A softer spring/shock transfers weight slower and lowering springs do lower the center of gravity put generally increase spring rate. Any of the good springs will get you down, make sure you upgrade your LCA's and get the relocation brackets to keep your geometry correct. You can accomplish both, but with most things its a compromise.

Archived