TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Got Her Home

sshunt

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm one of those guys who has never liked the Alcoas. If I'd had the opportunity to get the new ones on my 2009 SS, I'd have went with them in a heartbeat. The Alcoas look okay as 18s on the KRs but turn into wagon wheels at 20". JMHO

Sorry for the detour- nice ride! NICE!! Welcome to the club!

• 3 weeks later...

Well done SSHunt. Love the color combo! Did you get the 3.6 Kenne Bell option?

Yes it has the 3.6 KB and it plays the most suducing sound when pressed. I think I like the sound of the Kenne Bell better then the exhaust.

Thanks Konakenny

Just curious what kind of time line the build took for you? My WB SS took about 7 months...

It took 8 months and 1 day from delivery to pick up. Keep in mind, mine had the move from the race way to the strip towards the end of my build.

• 3 weeks later...

Your car is beautiful and reflective of what a SS should be! Wheel choice is great and really makes the wide body stand out. I recently picked up my 07 40th with the wide body mods and saw your car in the finish area. It really knocks your socks off when you see it up close. Congratulations and have fun!

Your car is beautiful and reflective of what a SS should be! Wheel choice is great and really makes the wide body stand out. I recently picked up my 07 40th with the wide body mods and saw your car in the finish area. It really knocks your socks off when you see it up close. Congratulations and have fun!

Is yours a coupe or vert?

Thanks man. I love it too!!!!

Thanks very much!! The wide body looks great and I think they did a great job on the install. My only issue with the wide body is where they pulled out the lower fender behind the tire. It is now not quite square with the rear tire. So if I where to add a splash guard in the back it wouldn't set square to the rear tire without a spacer or a few washers to square it up.

COULD IT BE THE PANHARD BAR NEEDS ADJUSTING?

COULD IT BE THE PANHARD BAR NEEDS ADJUSTING?

No everything with the panhard bar is square. If I remember right they added like 3inches to each rear hip. When they did that there is enough flexibility of the lower rocker panel to pull out to match the finder. Wellwhen pulling it out it changes the angle where you would place the splash guard. I will try to post a picture tomorrow.

Okay, I will try to make a short story out of a long story. When I had the 40th modifications made, I did not like the decal stripes so I had the stripes removed and custom painted. The car looked great as the paint quality and color was outstanding. When I took it to SA for the wide-body mods, they repainted the entire car to ensure there would be a consistent color match. Thus the stripes were sanded and painted over with Grabber Orange (original base color of the car). When all the work at SA was completed, I was going to take it back to my painter and have her repaint the stripes and a few other things. However, when the Shelby guys saw the car after painting, color sanding and clear coating, they called and said the car looked amazing and that I should see it before making any decision on having it painted with stripes or any other paint option. I flew over and when I saw the car sitting there, I was blown away. I may consider some paint work on the car in the future, however, right now, I am enjoying the car just the way SA finished it. I have pictures if you will go to my member site and click on vehicles. I will be at the bash in April and would love to get some feedback. With the wide body plus some performance upgrades (i.e., Kenne Bell 3.6LC, brakes and a major suspension upgrades), the car presents itself as the mean'est and bad'est dud on the block! With the supercharger hissing and the engine sound out of the Borla Stingers harmonizing with nature, you've got to smile when driving it!image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

SS, absolutely beautiful car! I'm sure it was well worth the wait time. Any chance you'll be attending Shelbyfest? Sure would be nice to get an up close look at that!

Jon, love that grabber orange! your's too is a show stopper for sure!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

She looks Great f2redpot. How did you get the Super Snake package without the Super Snake wheels??

So, they were taking forever to complete the build and I was getting more and more nervous about driving her home on the SS wheels and tires with winter coming on in a hurry. When I dropped the car off, I had the 19" AM wheels and Michelin all season tires that you see in the picture on the car. They let me keep those wheels/tires in case I hit any precipitation on the long drive home. The SS wheels that were meant for the car came from the manufacturer with some defects, so Shelby sent them back. Once they are in, Shelby will mount/balance them and then cargo them to my home, along with the floor mats that they didn't have in stock either. I was really pleased with the way the Michelin all seasons performed on my base GT500 and they did just fine with the 850hp SS package. I recommend them to anyone that may have to get into cold temps or rain/snow with their car.

Archived