TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Cal Berkeley Baseball Day Invitation

MMcGuirk

On behalf of the Shelby organizations, please join us and DenBeste Motorsports for the University of California, Berkeley “Carroll Shelby Cal Baseball Day” on Feb. 15, 2014.

Carroll Shelby Cal Baseball Day will connect a historic and iconic American performance brand with a nationally and historically iconic sport. It doesn’t get much more American than that!

Herding in from Carroll Shelby’s home state, the Texas Longhorns will face-off against the Cal Bears for a double-header action-packed sports day.

In appreciation for your support and incredible passion for the brand and Shelby lifestyle, the first 75 participants to RSVP will receive the “Carroll Shelby Cal Baseball Day Package” with:

· Two tickets to the Cal Golden Bears vs. the University of Texas Longhorns in reserved seating

· The first 75 participants to RSVP get VIP parking guarded by security from 11:30 am to 6:30 pm

· A Shelby gift bag (one per car)

· Entry into a drawing after the first game for a chance to win Shelby merchandise and a grand prize of a customized Shelby Varsity jacket with your name and CSX/CSM number embroidered on the jacket

All other participants that RSVP will receive the two tickets for reserved seating and entry into the Shelby merchandise drawing for a chance to win the customized Shelby Varsity Jacket.

We ask that you arrive between 11:30 am and 12 noon to get parked, settled and see the special video tribute to Carroll at 12:45 with the start of the first game at 1 pm. And if you’re one of the first 30-40 cars to arrive you will be parked in a designated area outside the Stadium for a “Show & Shine”.

Here’s the plan for the game:

· A video presentation on the Jumbo-tron scoreboard highlighting Carroll and his legacy at 12:45

· The ceremonial first pitch will be thrown by Carroll Shelby International co-CEO and former Cal Bears ball player Neil Cummings

· The ceremonial first pitch for the second game will be thrown by Carroll Shelby International co-CEO and Texas Longhorns Alum Joe Conway

· Inaugural “Shelby Car Race” game to air on the stadium jumbo-tron scoreboard.

· Specially designed Shelby outfield fence banner to be unveiled

· Shelby merchandise giveaways during the game

Please go to - http://www.shelby427.com - to RSVP

Sounds like a good time. I went to the site for more information and it didn't have a price or any way to tell if you are one of the first 75. I was wondering if this information is available.

I will get a list of registered participants and let you know

Michael,

When I registered my printer was down and I could'nt print the form that they said to bring. I tried to print it out at work and because I had already registered it would'nt let me print it out. They have my information so I would think that would be enough, or should I register again in my wife's name. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Mark

As a Cal grad I so wish I could go to this but I have plans already. Any chance of this thing becoming an annual event?

KCBuster,

I see this is your first post. Welcome to Team Shelby!

I'm from the Class of '75' - so I'll offer to cheer the Bears on to victory in your absence.

Hopefully, it will become an annual event and you can join us next year.

Michael,

When I registered my printer was down and I could'nt print the form that they said to bring. I tried to print it out at work and because I had already registered it would'nt let me print it out. They have my information so I would think that would be enough, or should I register again in my wife's name. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Mark

Mark,

See you 2 tomorrow! 302 or 500?

Jim

Michael,

Thanks, Mark

Just show up, it's all good

Jim,

Because it's a Shelby event, it's got to be the GT500. What time are you going to arrive? Do you know what kind of turnout they are expecting?

Mark

Mark,

I will probably get there about 11am and grab a coffee at the Golden Bear Cafe up in Sproul Plaza. See you then!

Jim

TS-PCR and NorCal SAAC members enjoyed a great day of baseball today when the University of California Golden Bears faced off against the University of Texas Longhorns for a season opener double header at Evans Diamond on the Berkeley campus. Fittingly, the teams split the pair of games. http://www.calbears.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=30100&ATCLID=209408022

Members arrived early to participate in a “Show-N-Shine” display of classic and modern day Shelby and Ford muscle cars, where we assembled across from Haas Pavilion on Spieker Plaza. https://maps.google.com/maps?q=university+of+california+berkeley&ll=37.869523,-122.262374&spn=0.002821,0.004128&client=safari&oe=UTF-8&fb=1&gl=us&hq=UC+Berkeley&cid=15744642477911126665&t=k&deg=180&z=19 Several of the baseball team players (including Cal’s starting pitcher), many other college students and alumni came by to view the vehicles and ask owners about their cars. I was encouraged these young future leaders knew who Carroll Shelby was and appreciated his contribution to automotive history. Perhaps some of them will “graduate” to Shelby enthusiasts.

We then checked in at the Shelby hospitality tent to get our guest tickets, gift bag (full of neat stuff) and raffle entry form. Our group was treated to reserved seating and we settled in for a spirited ballgame - complete with a Shelby Car Race on the Jumbotron. The weather cooperated through late afternoon for a dry run home.

I want to thank the Shelby organizations and DenBeste Motorsports for sponsoring this 1st annual “Carroll Shelby Cal Baseball Day”. I look forward to the 2nd annual event next year!

IMG_0527_zpse3681ab2.jpg

IMG_0524_zpsc46fcc01.jpg

IMG_0531_zps33321582.jpg

IMG_0537_zps29578e79.jpg

IMG_0542_zps33c3de02.jpg

Thanks again to everyone who joined us on Saturday!

I must admit I was apprehensive about this venue for a club event, but we had a blast.

Looking forward to repeating next year and hopefully a sunny day.

Michael

Archived