TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New car!...I could not wait any longer for the SHELBY

mad103

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to share my happiness! I got a new USED car! 2004 Mystichrome Cobra! Pictures will soon come. I was just wondering what you guys thought about the purchase. It is an 04 Mystichrome with 24 k miles and upgrades, including: Long Tube Headers, SLP Loudmouths, OR X-Pipe, SCT Tune, Pulley (from what I recall), Steeda CAI, and not sure what else. I supposedly am running 480 rwhp. I will have to double check. The previous owner was a Ford Mechanic, so he did all the work at a dealership. I would be the 4th owner, which made me a little nervous.I paid 34k, not including all the other stuff and warranties. I was kind of hesitant. What do you guys think?

Alex

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to share my happiness! I got a new USED car! 2004 Mystichrome Cobra! Pictures will soon come. I was just wondering what you guys thought about the purchase. It is an 04 Mystichrome with 24 k miles and upgrades, including: Long Tube Headers, SLP Loudmouths, OR X-Pipe, SCT Tune, Pulley (from what I recall), Steeda CAI, and not sure what else. I supposedly am running 480 rwhp. I will have to double check. The previous owner was a Ford Mechanic, so he did all the work at a dealership. I would be the 4th owner, which made me a little nervous.I paid 34k, not including all the other stuff and warranties. I was kind of hesitant. What do you guys think?

Alex

sounds like a cool ride

need pix

do you think you made the right choice?

if yes, then you did the right thing

enjoy it

You are the one that needs to be happy with the car. If you are asking me to make the descision I would have spent $6k more and bought a 2007 Shelby GT for $40k like the one that was posted today in here by the dealer. Granted, it won't have all the add-ons that car has but you will be getting a new car with a full warranty and it says "Shelby" on it. You asked me to be honest, and I am being honest. But what do I know? :spend::confused:

Yea,

They had the Shelby GT there but with a Markup...so it was not only 6k....I wish! Had to go with the 04 because of the mods. I am still looking into an 08 GT500. I am on the KR list, but I might just pull out because of the rumored price and just do 08 with SS package. I am on that list too! Correction to my add ons. The pulley is a 2.81 and I have SLP Hi-po cats. I was asking any expert here, if the price was good. That I like the car, I LOVE IT! I have been told I got a deal but where else than here can I get a better answer. Thanks for the reply guys! I will post pics up soon!...as soon as my brother sneaks the camera and snaps a few!

PS. What would you estimate the HP? I was first told by my sales guy 480 rwhp but then today the salesman who actually took the car in from the owner said over 500rwhp. I will have to dyno it soon but I can not because.....I got a little secret! Do not tell ANYONE!.....I am learning to drive stick! lol!!! It is not that hard though....I drove it home....stalled just a few....now I am just trying to perfect it lol!.....I can feel the laughter already!

Yea, I was a little nervous too. I would be the 4th owner. Reason why I went with it is that the previous owner was a Ford Certified Mechanic and he did all the mods (last owner). Plus I bought the warranty up to 100k. So everything that comes with the car should be covered.

Yea, I was a little nervous too. I would be the 4th owner. Reason why I went with it is that the previous owner was a Ford Certified Mechanic and he did all the mods (last owner). Plus I bought the warranty up to 100k. So everything that comes with the car should be covered.

I think you made a great choice. I did the same thing when I went for my 99 Saleen Cobra. I love both the Shelbys, the PJ ect but they are not worth the cash most have to pay. I wanted something a bit more exclusive and I got that and over 600 RWHP on pump gas, Enjoy the ride and I hope you dont hurt anyone when they snap thier necks trying to get a look. (me included)

If you have made your choice good job and good luck! If you are still debating I did find numerous Shelby GT's at MSRP at around $40k. Here is one at $37k that is set to expire in about 7 hours. No matter what you will be happy!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...1145&rd=1,1

Archived