TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Winter In New England

Pete Grimaldi

I'm glad you do.... I can't wait to get the hell out of here..... :speedie:

I like it here...less crowded! Because people keep leaving!! :lol:

I have lived in South Dakota all of my 62 years and its winters like this I wonder what the heck am I thinking? Winter started here Oct 4 with a blizzard and 30 inches of wet snow that caused terrible damage and livestock loss. It has been so very cold but not a lot of snow and lots of really bad wind-60 mph to cause -50 wind chill. Tomorrow morning it is supposed to be -40 wind chill. So glad I retired in Dec and do not have to dive 90 mi a day in a very sparsely populated area. I think we have 7 months of winter and 5 months of spring. Not looking forward to the nice weather to stay until probably May. But ultimately I don't know of any place I would rather live. Low population, no traffic issues, no crime factor and when the weather is nice it is absolutely beautiful. Also, no unemployment issues is also a big deal.

I would like to go south to AZ or NV for a couple of weeks but I have grandkids ballgames to go to and that keeps us busy. The favorite saying here in farm country is "maybe it'll be better next year." Will have to wait and see!

We left New England in 1996... Couldn't take the snow. Colorado is nice but we're having snow and frigid cold here too. -9 low, only +3 now.

My wife lived in Colorado for several years, she loved it there. But she loved me more and moved back here.... :wub: now the two of us are looking at moving south.....

My wife lived in Colorado for several years, she loved it there. But she loved me more and moved back here.... :wub: now the two of us are looking at moving south.....

We are most likely headed to Vegas in the next few months. Found a couple of houses we really like, but the weather isn't good enough to take a househunting trip yet.

If you're really looking for some really good housing prices Vegas is still good, but the Phoenix valley is better. Incredible prices. I would have gone there but the wife wants Vegas since we have friends that live there.

We are most likely headed to Vegas in the next few months. Found a couple of houses we really like, but the weather isn't good enough to take a househunting trip yet.

If you're really looking for some really good housing prices Vegas is still good, but the Phoenix valley is better. Incredible prices. I would have gone there but the wife wants Vegas since we have friends that live there.

We owned a townhouse in Vegas for a couple of years and really liked the area. Property taxes are really low and there is always something to do even if you don't gamble. Lots of things that don't cost a lot of money if you're on a budget, too. If you want some info pm me. Happy House Hunting!

I don't like the city life.... I want to stay at least a day's drive from my kids, so we're looking in the Smoky Mt area, NC, SC, GA, TN... who knows it's still 3 - 5 years away. A lot can change in that time.

I have traveled a fair amount on business over the years and have seen a lot of places. My favorite place is right here at home! The New England winters are a little longer than Maryland where I lived before, but overall the equal balance of the seasons is actually kind of a nice thing. I grew up in south Florida and really did not like the heat and humidity. The late spring, summers and fall here are really nice! Heck, no one would be in Florida without air-conditioning. It really boils down to what each person or family thinks is "good", and/or what works out best for them. There are pluses & minuses no matter where one lives. Most of the places that people want to move to have been moved to by far too many, and now those spots are, or are fast becoming, overcrowded and traffic-infested.

• 2 weeks later...

We pulled the trigger this week...

I don't like the city life.... I want to stay at least a day's drive from my kids, so we're looking in the Smoky Mt area, NC, SC, GA, TN... who knows it's still 3 - 5 years away. A lot can change in that time.

Highly recommend mountains of NC. Ping me if you ever want some good suggestions, but you really can't go wrong. It's all beautiful up there.

Archived