TEAM SHELBY FORUM

First Shelby From New Las Vegas Line

JeffJ

Great!

I missed seeing it by a week. I was so close. This was the original week I was going to go but we moved our trip to late Jan instead.

Denny Keru while giving the factory tour didn't mention anything about the first car coming off the line? Where was it being assembled? How did I miss it, I am so mad at myself? I just missed history.

CaptDave

I just looked close at the photo you have.

It looks like it was taken around noon time. There's not a long shadow behind the car. Noon on a sunny day is the worst time to take a photo...worst...worst...worst. Belter off in the shade with no shadows.

You could have moved the other car in the parking lot. Parking lot lines come out easy in Photoshop Also, it looks like you got the shot with a point & shoot. Your 3/4 shot, maybe angle it just a little bit different. Turn the steering wheel to the left to aim the front tire at you (that's optional), just a suggestion.

Your Shelby American, people are watching.

I took this photo about 2 weeks ago at Shelby American. I was on the SA Factory Tour so my angles for shooting were limited. Your guys could pick any location, any time of day, inside or out with a tripod (low ISO). I think I did better with handheld and high ISO.

Correction: It was the magazines photographer who took that abysmal shot. Shame on him, to do that to a Shelby.

12225146875_e75aa0532c_c.jpg

CaptDave

It looks like it was taken around noon time. There's not a long shadow behind the car. Noon on a sunny day is the worst time to take a photo...worst...worst...worst. Belter off in the shade with no shadows.

You could have moved the other car in the parking lot. Parking lot lines come out easy in Photoshop Also, it looks like you got the shot with a point & shoot. Your 3/4 shot, maybe angle it just a little bit different. Turn the steering wheel to the left to aim the front tire at you (that's optional), just a suggestion.

CaptDave

That's the photo from the article. Who knows who took it.

That's the photo from the article. Who knows who took it.

To do that to a Shelby, he should be shot! He has absolutely no ability.

CaptDave

Sorry, I get crazy when anyone disrespects a Shelby.

Will be in Vegas on the 17th Feb for two weeks, really looking foward to visting Shelby and seeing all the guys there

Jer look out you will see me there every day LOL

I am bringing my mom who is 82 she can keep my wife company shoping while i spend as much time as I can drooling over the cars !!!

Rob

Wow, that is one way cool looking car. It is fitting that the first one off the line should stay in the Shelby family.

And hey, the reporter took it with a cell phone camera.... Oh well.

If that car was completed when I was there on 1-22-2014 I would have loved to do the Photo's. This is a hobby, I've never made 10 cents of another Shelby Enthusiast! It would have been a honor.

I worked for a year as a Photojournalist in 2009 at NJMP (New Jersey Motorsports Park), I lived 1.5 miles away at the time. I handed over all my photo's to the clubs that wanted them, it was a fun experience. Another thing I've done.

CaptDave

Correct. All the newer model Super Snakes have a maximum production cap of 500 units per model year.

Steve

Did production ever exceed 500 units a year? I know there wasn't a cap previously but did Shelby ever make more than 500 on any given year?

• 3 weeks later...

I took this photo about 2 weeks ago at Shelby American. I was on the SA Factory Tour so my angles for shooting were limited. Your guys could pick any location, any time of day, inside or out with a tripod (low ISO). I think I did better with handheld and high ISO.

Correction: It was the magazines photographer who took that abysmal shot. Shame on him, to do that to a Shelby.

12225146875_e75aa0532c_c.jpg

CaptDave

Cap, that is one great photo. Being in the tire business I could not help but notice the Goodyear Wingfoot radials on it. I bough my first of those in the early 80s. The dozen continuation GT350 convetibles that Shelby had built by Calig. Mustang had them as original equipment as well.

Did production ever exceed 500 units a year? I know there wasn't a cap previously but did Shelby ever make more than 500 on any given year?

Can still get the earlier ones, but I thought even those were limited to 1000 units when I was shopping for mine? Pretty sure the 500 limit began with 2011? Steve, correct me if I am wrong please. I know the # was printed on the earlier brocures, but I cant seem to find it on the brocures on the "build one" page....I know I have old copies.

Can still get the earlier ones, but I thought even those were limited to 1000 units when I was shopping for mine? Pretty sure the 500 limit began with 2011? Steve, correct me if I am wrong please. I know the # was printed on the earlier brocures, but I cant seem to find it on the brocures on the "build one" page....I know I have old copies.

2007-10 Super Snake builds are capped at a maximum of 1,000 per model year.

2011-14 Super Snake builds are capped at a maximum of 500 per model year.

Steve

Since you can still order any year Super Snake from Shelby, I would assume they have never hit a cap.

Archived