TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I Bid The He!! Out Of This Gt-H Item But No Luck.

I was in the mix as well. That was a lot of dough for that pic!

It's amazing what a couple of drinks on a Sunday night will do to me and even with those drinks, I wasn't even the second highest bidder, I was number 3 on the pecking order. Oh well, you can't win them all.

QSS

FIVE people bid in the last 30 seconds… that was a popular item, for sure… It's a true piece of history, a GREAT photo with real historic significance.

Jer

I'm your new owner, Bob (rqbtrader) from Portland, OR. GT-H Car #091.

Does anyone have any idea where I can get one of those Original Hertz Rent-A-Racer banners, that hung in the rental offices, that was on Ebay 3 weeks ago. I did not win it. Any suggestions?? Thanks.

i am not so sure that those were real. maybe someone else can chime in but i believe that only posters were hung in the rental offices.

Agreed. While not knowing the exact auction the previous poster is talking about, always be aware there are many fake & misrepresented GTH items on ebay at any given time. It seems the scammers have realized that GTH owners pay top dollar so if you're going to scam people why not go after the bigger dollars.

Steve

I never saw any GT-H banners at a rental facility, and I was at quite a few. If you have question on an auction, you can always bring it up here. We have some pretty knowledgeable folks on here about what was available or not.

Also, welcome rqbtrader! Congrats on your GT-H acquisition!

Does anyone have any idea where I can get one of those Original Hertz Rent-A-Racer banners, that hung in the rental offices, that was on Ebay 3 weeks ago. I did not win it. Any suggestions?? Thanks.

I bought one of these banners about a year ago. I can't remember what I paid for it but I really like it, real or not.

QSS

PS What did the one sell for three weeks ago?

Good job at sniping it. I didn't bid on it but I do enjoy reading about the people that did bid on it and got sniped out by the new guy on the forum.......LOL

Just curious to how long you have had your car. And Welcome to Team Shelby although I bet you have been lurking on here for a while.

Good job at sniping it. I didn't bid on it but I do enjoy reading about the people that did bid on it and got sniped out by the new guy on the forum.......LOL

See my post #9 above… a FEW people took a shot at the last second!

Jer

Jer,

Any old GT-H stuff that you can dig up :detective: and throw on E-bay is an obvious gold mine. As you can tell, we're all obviously a little nuts! :headspin::spend::tim_hahn::kookie::confused:

Jeff,

I've got quite a few cool GT-H items that will be making their way to eBay… I'm sure everyone will get a shot at some great stuff!

Jer

Jeff,

I've got quite a few cool GT-H items that will be making their way to eBay… I'm sure everyone will get a shot at some great stuff!

Jer

Oh Jeeze, and I've been doing so well since my last lapse in December. It's been two months and I haven't bought anything GT-H related.

THANKS you enabler. :spend::bliss:

AND Jer, please post the auction when you list them, K!

QSS

To Nordic Shelby- Thanks for the nice welcome to this sight. I am really enjoying the converstaions between everyone. I don't usually sit around an internet chat, but it's kind of addictive when it comes to great cars..especially the GT-H.

Please no one take this the wrong way...but I actually thought I would be a little underwhelmed with the car. I guess because of the 4.6....but brother was I wrong!!! One of the greatest fun cars and instantly responsive hot rides I have ever owned. My appologizes for ever even thinking such a thing. We bought it in San Diego from the original owner, (after Hertz). We drove up Highway 1 from there to Florence, Oregon and then turned East to head home to Portland. It was the best road trip we were ever on.....The car handled magnificently and I got 28 mpg overall. I feel grateful to own her.....I'll have a VERY tough time selling her someday.....the best part about it is my wife..God Bless her.... loves the car almost as much as I do....When the Queen Bee loves your car or your hobby ....well, that's a very good thing.

Guess we'll watch and see what Jer puts on ebay for the GT-H Sharks....good Feeding !!

Post Script to Nordic Shelby-- We've owned our GT-H just since Jan. 16th....this year. The car is Five Star ***** All the way....another bad addiction to add to the rest of my collecting habits. If anyone has any GT-H items for outright sale ...please let me know...I'm the newbie on the block and had probably better try to catch up with the rest of you. Best regards, Bob.

To Nordic Shelby- Thanks for the nice welcome to this sight. I am really enjoying the converstaions between everyone. I don't usually sit around an internet chat, but it's kind of addictive when it comes to great cars..especially the GT-H.

Please no one take this the wrong way...but I actually thought I would be a little underwhelmed with the car. I guess because of the 4.6....but brother was I wrong!!! One of the greatest fun cars and instantly responsive hot rides I have ever owned. My appologizes for ever even thinking such a thing. We bought it in San Diego from the original owner, (after Hertz). We drove up Highway 1 from there to Florence, Oregon and then turned East to head home to Portland. It was the best road trip we were ever on.....The car handled magnificently and I got 28 mpg overall. I feel grateful to own her.....I'll have a VERY tough time selling her someday.....the best part about it is my wife..God Bless her.... loves the car almost as much as I do....When the Queen Bee loves your car or your hobby ....well, that's a very good thing.

Guess we'll watch and see what Jer puts on ebay for the GT-H Sharks....good Feeding !!

Enjoy her, congrats.

AND Jer, please post the auction when you list them, K!

I always announce new eBay auctions in the Shoutbox...

Jer

Just curious to how long you have had your car. And Welcome to Team Shelby although I bet you have been lurking on here for a while.

It only matters who has the highest bid when the listing closes. If you don't bid to the last second, you aren't committed to buy it.

I ONLY bid last second. If you can beat what I am willing to pay for an item, then pull up a chair and lets play, right? ;-)

It only matters who has the highest bid when the listing closes. If you don't bid to the last second, you aren't committed to buy it.

I ONLY bid last second. If you can beat what I am willing to pay for an item, then pull up a chair and lets play, right? ;-)

Those who bid to the last minute on major purchases are robots. I don't know what eBay's rules are for the robots up to the end, but they ahve to have a way of determining which of the last $1 bids gets priority. THose ones I stay away from.

I got my Shelby addiction back in 2008 when my wife and 2 year old daughter at that time went to San Francisco for my 35th birthday and I was lucky enough to rent 07H355 GT-H we had the beast for a entire week and drove down to Monteray on highway 1.....what an amazing cruise...... it was a life changing experience. I know exactly how you felt driving along the coast.

MY ADVICE to you is to send it back to Shelby to get it supercharged and you will have one rare piece if history and you will be amazed at how freaky fast it will be.

Archived