TEAM SHELBY FORUM

That Ain't Gonna Buff Right Out....

gotoatz

You sir, are a better man than I. I went crazy just waiting for the auto carrier to deliver my car to California from Ohio. That was about three weeks of hell for me. I cannot even imagine having it parked in the garage, and not able to drive her. I guess that is one of the very few perks of Kalifornia........driving weather most of the time........

Nice delivery pictures, I feel fortunate to have them too! :) (& thanks for rubbing in your weather. Have always wanted to visit California, am afraid to go as I may not want to leave)

Signed for the car on Jan 25th & was delivered Feb 13. Care to speak about going crazy??? (The dealership was 3.5 hours away from me.)

The dealership was kind enough to keep me in the loop & the shipping company was top notch.

Was told the Toronto International Auto Show was gearing up during this time and all covered carriers were busy bringing cars to this show.

The dealership did send me many different pictures of it being loaded on the transport, and then I took one of it being delivered.

Nice snow on the road 'EH'?

The Goodyear F1s had a hard time making it up my driveway and needed a push to get over the threshold into the garage. But all is good now... :yahoo:

post-42677-0-81371300-1395254170_thumb.jpg

post-42677-0-22585000-1395254261_thumb.jpg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't want you to think I was going crazy waiting or anything, but I had the below vid almost done before she ever arrived......

You'll have to excuse the abrupt ending, as photobucket will only allow a 10 minute video.....

And yes, the snakes were backward on my car when I got it......

th_shelby_zpsd6d89ad1.jpg

okay made it to 3:38 of the video and had to stop. You're KILLING ME!

Need spring real bad! Enjoyed what I watched but while watching caught myself looking outside at the snow in the backyard and feeling depressed.

Must stop watching or I may get irrational.

:cry::gaah::kookie:

• 2 months later...

Next step for me is filing with the other carrier for diminished value on the Shelby. Early info from estimator has the DV at a minimum of 4K, could be higher.....

Can you let me know how your diminished value claim went? I'm actively researching appraiser now.

Small world.

I have lurked on here for years, but never registered. I was on today and found these pictures of your car. Hey, I know this guy.

Took Tuesday off work this week and decided to take the car out. I look up and tell my wife, what are the chances of that. You pull up next to us and say exactly the same thing when you drove by. Wife and I laughed about it for the rest of the day.

Turns out our cars really are twins, both are 2011's.

Manny

Small world.

I have lurked on here for years, but never registered. I was on today and found these pictures of your car. Hey, I know this guy.

Took Tuesday off work this week and decided to take the car out. I look up and tell my wife, what are the chances of that. You pull up next to us and say exactly the same thing when you drove by. Wife and I laughed about it for the rest of the day.

Turns out our cars really are twins, both are 2011's.

Manny

LOL....Hi Manny, and Welcome to the Registered world.......

That was the strangest thing....I work right there where I pulled out. Right next door to the FedEx building. When I was pulling out, and looked to the left, I obviously saw the Grabber, but you were not close enough for me to recognize it was a Snake. Figured it was a 5.0....When you guys got in my mirror, I said out loud to myself, what the hell are to odds of that??? I had already committed to turn on Palm or I woulda chased you down and chatted......I saw your wife in disbelief, the same as me......1 out of 30, and here are two of them........

Feel free to swing by my work any time. I am there every day except Thursday, normally from 7:30 am to about 3PM. I manage that Warehouse, so it is not an issue to have a visitor, trust me....LOL.....

A true pleasure meeting you, kinda, and Might I say what a beautiful car you have!!!! :drool::drool::drool:

Regards,

Mike

I would love to stop by, but Im hardly ever in the neighborhood during the hours that you are there.

Send me a message if you ever make it out to cars and coffee on a Saturday morning.

Manny

Not to rain on your parade, but 4K is not nearly enough for the diminished value if they indicate structural damage. I am an insurance agent and I am dealing with it on my 2013 Shelby. Idiot, (uninsured idiot) ran red light and I am at 30K and climbing on the repairs. I have hired an appraisal company to do a diminished value appraisal. Dealer told me 20 to 30% possible because nobody wants a Shelby with a bad carfax. Hope this doesn't find you too late, but I just saw your post.

Randy

On the deadline day for response, which was last Friday, the other guys insurance company accepted financial responsibility. This was the Father's insurance carrier, since the kid was not listed on the policy, but was driving the vehicle with permission...So They are on the hook.....

Next step for me is filing with the other carrier for diminished value on the Shelby. Early info from estimator has the DV at a minimum of 4K, could be higher.....

Thanks for asking and following,

Mike

Well, I have not made headway yet on the diminished value claim. The other insurance company has chosen to ignore my countless written requests for a diminished value claim settlement, so last week they received a certified letter from me with yet another request....If this fails, it will need to be resolved in small claims court, and it will be.

The 3700 or 4k I had mentioned was based upon the original written estimate from an appraiser. I have not paid for an appraisal yet. So, If I go to court, that will be job one, and you can bet it is going to go way up from where it is now......

Thanks,

Mike

God luck with small claims. Lots of people hear about it but it's hard to get it to work. First your claim could be above the limit, usually under 10k some places it's only 5k second in Colorado the party you are suing can "Check the box" to move it to district court (at least in colorado) and that means you end up needing a lawyer. You can represent yourself but they will be there with a lawyer...good luck

Archived