TEAM SHELBY FORUM

That Ain't Gonna Buff Right Out....

gotoatz

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could be worse. The bumper cover is easy to replace. No sheet metal or frame damage, so it will look like new in a week or so. I find BEER works very well in situations such as this.

Thanks guys....

Sadly the rear quarter panel is rippled. So not sure about that.....

Rear ended by a 22 year old unlicensed, possibly uninsured kid. Driving his Dad's 1997 Toyota Rav4.

My hope is my body shop guy can work the cost of prep and paint for side scoops and window scoops into the equation, since they are already gonna mix paint. Trying to make lemonade out of lemons here........

Mike

Thanks guys....

Rear ended by a 22 year old unlicensed, possibly uninsured kid. Driving his Dad's 1997 Toyota Rav4.

My hope is my body shop guy can work the cost of prep and paint for side scoops and window scoops into the equation, since they are already gonna mix paint. Trying to make lemonade out of lemons here........

Mike

he should be arrested and thrown in jail!

Mike,

Sorry to see this and I agree the 22YO should be in the Cross Bar Hotel. But a great body shop can do wonders to get MO OATZ back in showroom condition. Keep us posted...

PS: A beer does sound like a good Rx for the situation. :)

Thanks guys....

Mike

You will love the look, I have the SS side and window scoops on my GB 2010 and to me, they make the car look like a Shelby.

Thanks guys....

Mike

:doh:

Hmmm...... I could not see the rippled quarter panel in the pics. That really blows, but you are headed down the right path to fix/upgrade. 1 month after I had my '09 car a little old lady in a Cadillac oil tanker backed into the front bumper and cracked it. I was so irritated, but how do you do anything other than try to comfort her and make sure she was OK. Took it to the body shop and got it fixed properly with no worries. Since I don't plan on letting this car go, I don't car about the car fax. Lemonade out of Lemons is the way to go. Post up the final repair pictures when its done.

Do I see another wide body order for Jer.

Sorry to see this Mike. Good luck with the repairs and doesn't matter who did this or under what circumstances. ITS A CRYING SHAME....AND A SHAMELESS CRIME

Thanks Guys....

Yes, the exhaust is effected. He kind of rolled over the top of the exhaust tip. It does appear slightly bent.

It is very frustrating to me, in that the other driver originally told me he "forgot his license"...then I finally just told him to Man up, did he have one"

He said no, but told the cop he has a permit. Supposed to have a licensed driver with him.

I worked so many years so hard for this car, I have to say that my reaction even surprised me. I thought if it ever happened I would go ballistic, but actually stayed quite calm and business like......still don't get it....could it be a sign of maturity, at 58 finally :lol: :lol:

I agree in that side scoops and window scoops have always said "Shelby" to me. So I figure the time is right, if they are already prepping and mixing paint.....we shall see....

Here is what took me out........

IMG_1164_zpsa4a143bf.jpg

IMG_1159_zpse91abe12.jpg

IMG_1166_zpsd886be28.jpg

Thanks Guys....

Yes, the exhaust is effected. He kind of rolled over the top of the exhaust tip. It does appear slightly bent.

It is very frustrating to me, in that the other driver originally told me he "forgot his license"...then I finally just told him to Man up, did he have one"

He said no, but told the cop he has a permit. Supposed to have a licensed driver with him.

I worked so many years so hard for this car, I have to say that my reaction even surprised me. I thought if it ever happened I would go ballistic, but actually stayed quite calm and business like......still don't get it....could it be a sign of maturity, at 58 finally :lol: :lol:

I agree in that side scoops and window scoops have always said "Shelby" to me. So I figure the time is right, if they are already prepping and mixing paint.....we shall see....

Here is what took me out........

IMG_1164_zpsa4a143bf.jpg

IMG_1159_zpse91abe12.jpg

IMG_1166_zpsd886be28.jpg

No license and no insurance. Just another example of the expanding culture of irresponsibility in this country. Never any serious consequences for the guilty in these situations. Makes my blood boil.

No license and no insurance. Just another example of the expanding culture of irresponsibility in this country. Never any serious consequences for the guilty in these situations. Makes my blood boil.

Exactly......Here, let me piss you off a bit more......

According to California Law, if it is determined by contacting his Dad's insurance company that the kid is uninsured, my insurance company has to send him a formal letter requesting insurance information, and, he will have 30 days to respond. Then, and only then, if he does not respond, I can proceed with my uninsured motorist coverage.......But until then, if I want it fixed now, I can proceed, by paying my 500 dollar deductible collision, then, go after them after the fact for my costs.....

WELCOME TO CALIFORNIA, THE GOLDEN STATE!!!!

California. My daughter lives there and I'm amazed at what she tells me each and every day regarding the laws in that state. Good luck to you and if you wait the 30 days, it will be the longest 30 days ever. So sorry. Chin up. I prefer Jack Daniels myself but that's just me.

I would have thought your insurance company would go after the dad's insurance since the unlicensed driver was his son. I have heard that since the damage will show up on a Car-Fax that you should be able to receive compensation for the devaluation of your car now that it has been in an accident. The 22 year old that doesn't have a license should be ticketed first, unless he is a habitual offender. What the hell is up with a 22 year old male with a permit? They're lucky that you're not claiming whiplash or something. A competent body shop can fix that & you'll never be able to tell that it ever happened. GL

I would have thought your insurance company would go after the dad's insurance since the unlicensed driver was his son. I have heard that since the damage will show up on a Car-Fax that you should be able to receive compensation for the devaluation of your car now that it has been in an accident. The 22 year old that doesn't have a license should be ticketed first, unless he is a habitual offender. What the hell is up with a 22 year old male with a permit? They're lucky that you're not claiming whiplash or something. A competent body shop can fix that & you'll never be able to tell that it ever happened. GL

Yes, my insurance is going after Dad. But at this time, it is still unknown if Dad's insurance is valid........Driver did not have a current insurance certificate in the car.....also illegal..........

I think under the circumstances it would be to your benefit to go ahead and fix it using your deductible and get your repairs done, your insurance company will go after the driver and/or father if they have insurance. You will be miserable while you wait and not want to drive your Shelby banged up.

In this day and time I would be interested to know why a 22 year old had only a permit to learn to drive. That and the fact there was no insurance would not give me a warm fuzzy feeling. I wonder if your law enforcement officer ran a driver history and/or criminal check on this individual on scene at the accident. You did not mention if a traffic citation was issued and a traffic accident report was completed. Not all jurisdictions work wrecks unless they are very serious with major damage or bodily injury.

Many states have very strict laws on driving vehicles without insurance because of what happened to you. Take care and remember you were not injured and will live to drive and enjoy your car. A real "bummer" and you have every right to be ripped.

Regards GG

I wonder if your law enforcement officer ran a driver history and/or criminal check on this individual on scene at the accident. You did not mention if a traffic citation was issued and a traffic accident report was completed. Not all jurisdictions work wrecks unless they are very serious with major damage or bodily injury.

There was an accident report filed by the PD. When the driver presented me with an expired registration, and then, finally admitted to me that he did not have a license, I called PD immediately and demanded they come out, told them I thought the kid was going to bolt......

As far as citation, I don't know since I was dismissed from the scene well before the other driver. He had called his sister to come to the scene, reportedly to drive the vehicle away....

The officer told me that the California DMV cannot run a history or report off of an ID card, which is the only thing this kid had that was apparently valid......Oh, except for the fact that the title for the truck was with it, (duh....)

Archived