TEAM SHELBY FORUM

That Ain't Gonna Buff Right Out....

gotoatz

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UPDATE!!!!!

After leaving about half dozen nasty phone messages with the other drivers supposed insurance company, finally got a call back. While they are not outright saying the kid is not insured on Dad's policy, they did say that the driver is not listed as a driver on the policy......there's a shocker.....

So now, waiting to see if my insurance company can get confirmation of non insurance so I can proceed with uninsured motorist claim.....

Went today to my shop to get estimate. Obviously they cannot give an accurate number until the tear into the car. But the early indication with looking under the skin is 2 to 3K, and will only go up from there......

PD wrote the kid on 4 CVC violations.......No license, no proof of financial liability, and exceeding the safe speed limit......(20 mph in what should have been a zero zone... :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Body and paint guy told me they will be able to work into the whole deal an area on the top of the trunk lid where the previous owner had touch up painted, very poorly about 4 small scratches. They are all to the side of the accident on the truck deck......

Also told me that if I throw about 80 or 100 bucks to the painter, they can prep, prime, and paint side scoops and window scoops for me.....Awesome.....

So now the question becomes, which scoops.....early favorites are Ford Factory CS side scoops, and MMD Eleanor style window scoops.......We shall see........

Mike

Since you gotta do a bumper cover you should do the 13/14 rear. You need mufflers now too and I just happen to have the take off quad tip axle back from my 14 sitting here with 100 miles on them...... : )

I like your style........ ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Seriously, if I don't get my car back soon, I'm gonna hafta break something!! Cannot take another day of driving my rental Focus......... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Even worse, I have the CAI and Tuner sitting on the workbench just waiting to be installed.........

Patience is a virtue????????

Mike

What happened on the insurance ? GG

On the deadline day for response, which was last Friday, the other guys insurance company accepted financial responsibility. This was the Father's insurance carrier, since the kid was not listed on the policy, but was driving the vehicle with permission...So They are on the hook.....

Next step for me is filing with the other carrier for diminished value on the Shelby. Early info from estimator has the DV at a minimum of 4K, could be higher.....

Thanks for asking and following,

Mike

Congrats on getting the car back.

Jer

Happy for you it all worked out in the end and most importantly you or anyone else was not seriously hurt. Temp hurt while your GT500 was in surgery.

Interesting on your installing scoops & louvers. I have not heard any compliments on mine (came with the car) and wasn't sure about them. But then again, was delivered in the middle of winter and I haven't been on the road with her yet. Looking forward to seeing more GT500s this season to compare who has them installed.

BTW: your ride looks great!

Happy for you it all worked out in the end and most importantly you or anyone else was not seriously hurt. Temp hurt while your GT500 was in surgery.

Interesting on your installing scoops & louvers. I have not heard any compliments on mine (came with the car) and wasn't sure about them. But then again, was delivered in the middle of winter and I haven't been on the road with her yet. Looking forward to seeing more GT500s this season to compare who has them installed.

BTW: your ride looks great!

Thank you kind sir. I appreciate it. Post up some pics of that bad boy with the scoops...I would like to see!!

For me personally, this car is really my "Bucket List" car. I have wanted a Shelby since I had my first car which was a 69 Mustang 6 banger. Fact of the matter is, my fading memory

recalls Shelbys of that year and around that year were dripping in Scoops, Louvers, etc. etc. And even if they were functional then and not now, I really don't care!! My car, my bucket list, my memories of early Shelbys....... :love_shower::love_shower::clapping::clapping:

LOL...in one of the other forums talking about region windshield banners, there was one opinion that they are too Garish.......Ditto my comments on the scoops. A Shelby to me is total IN YOUR FACE!!!! Thus the Grabber Blue and all the trimmings!!

JMO,

Mike

Thank you kind sir. I appreciate it. Post up some pics of that bad boy with the scoops...I would like to see!!

For me personally, this car is really my "Bucket List" car. I have wanted a Shelby since I had my first car which was a 69 Mustang 6 banger. Fact of the matter is, my fading memory

recalls Shelbys of that year and around that year were dripping in Scoops, Louvers, etc. etc. And even if they were functional then and not now, I really don't care!! My car, my bucket list, my memories of early Shelbys....... :love_shower::love_shower::clapping::clapping:

LOL...in one of the other forums talking about region windshield banners, there was one opinion that they are too Garish.......Ditto my comments on the scoops. A Shelby to me is total IN YOUR FACE!!!! Thus the Grabber Blue and all the trimmings!!

JMO,

Mike

post up some pics? Sure!!

I test drove a 2012 Shelby GT500 in the fall, that is when I was snake bit, been hunting for one ever since. The GT500 I drove was Grabber Blue. It would be in my garage but the dealership was too greedy in trade of my GT/CS (low $$) and no negotiation on their GT500. Grabber blue is my fav color, the perf white came in a close 2nd.

edit 1: The plan is to swing by that dealership in the spring with my GT500 and remind them their GB should have been mine. (ya ya I know childish but makes me feel better, as it is still listed for sale)

post-42677-0-54473300-1395228529_thumb.jpg

post-42677-0-37970100-1395228579_thumb.jpg

Thanks for posting your pics. I love it. White with classic blue would have been my second choice as well. I bought my Grabber on line without ever having sat in it.....a leap of faith.

So were the super stripes already done when you bought her?

Thank you, sir.

Yes the SS stripes were included. :cool: Hoping not to get any or much grief from the SS crowd because of the stripes on her.

Some research on my VIN; my GT500 is the stripe delete option & the seats do not have any stripes.

I am sure you have NO regrets with "buying without trying" your GB GT500. :shift::clapping:

and can sort of relate as I have not driven my GT500 yet. Signed for her on my bday, delivered during winter snow and been parked in my garage since. The most I have driven her is about 6 feet out of the garage in my spring start up last weekend.

post-42677-0-27544200-1395234534_thumb.jpg

and can sort of relate as I have not driven my GT500 yet. Signed for her on my bday, delivered during winter snow and been parked in my garage since. The most I have driven her is about 6 feet out of the garage in my spring start up last weekend.

You sir, are a better man than I. I went crazy just waiting for the auto carrier to deliver my car to California from Ohio. That was about three weeks of hell for me. I cannot even imagine having it parked in the garage, and not able to drive her. I guess that is one of the very few perks of Kalifornia........driving weather most of the time........

100_4451_zps75438b4c.jpg

100_4453_zpse53faffa.jpg

IMG_0194_zps1c5999d6.jpg

NICE CAR! And the snowblower parked next to it in the previous picture sure hits home...I say about another month before the roads are clear enought to mine out.

Thank you & wow, good eye.

Looking at that picture, sort of embarrassed on how messy my garage looks. :whistling:

Archived