TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Another Shelby To Star In A Movie

springer

Hmmm.... the kid from Breaking Bad and 1989 Batman (Michael Keaton). Interesting. Cool to see the Mustang as the centerpiece. Oh yeah... that's no Shelby.

Viper, I'm sorry to tell you but you are incorrect about a Shelby not being the star vehicle in the movie.

Tonight was the sneak peak preview for the movie Need for Speed here in Dallas. The movie opens March 14.

Several members from SCAT and the North Texas Mustang Club were there along with many others as it played to a packed house. As a bonus, the director, who also directed Act of Valor, and actor Aaron Paul were there for a very nice Q&A at the end of the movie.

The movie was one of the best car movies that I have seen in many, many years. Everyone I talked with ebjoyed the movie and it should do very well at the box office once it is released. (There are no computer generated special effects in the movie which was interesting to learn from the director.)

The "star" vehicle in the movie is a "Shelby," and it is not a KR like I previously posted. Without being a spoiler, the movie provides a very interesting story line for the Shelby Mustang. There are also many tributes to Carroll Shelby in the movie. Fords are also represented often - both vintage and newer models. The end of the movie has the hero leaving everything behind in a new, red 2015 Mustang GT...yes I said 2015 Mustang. I talked to the director after the Q&A and asked him about the 2015 Mustang. He said the scene in the movie was filmed over a year ago and security was very tight while that scene was filmed.

Again, it is a great movie and there are many tributes to several of the vintage car movies going as far back as the late 1960's. The director is a big fan of the classic car movies and you will see how he uses scenes reminisent of these vintage movies throughout Need for Speed. He was adamant that the star of this movie had to be an American car which played well to the packed house tonight.

I'd give the movie a B+. Put it on your "to do" list for this March.

I see a new gen Mustang with fugly hood scoops and a body kit, but no Shelby, and certainly no KR.

And he will always be Jesse Pinkman, meth cook to me...lol

Can you say, "straight to video"

Correct, not a KR - but incorrect about new gen Mustang. You're wrong about the sarcastic comment "straight to video." Maybe you should see the movie in March and make your decision then.

I see a new gen Mustang with fugly hood scoops and a body kit, but no Shelby, and certainly no KR.

It is MOST DEFINITELY not a KR. KR's were '08 and '09, this car is a 2010 or newer. You can tell that by the rear "fender humps" on the body just behind the doors.

It appears to be either a Shelby GT500 or a 2013-up Mustang due to the GT500, or very late Mustang front facia on the car.

The galloping horse on the front grille sure screams Mustang but in the other related post I see pics of three cars lined up and all three have Shelby GT500 quad exhaust on them.

Phill

Correct, not a KR - but incorrect about new gen Mustang. You're wrong about the sarcastic comment "straight to video." Maybe you should see the movie in March and make your decision then.

By new gen I meant the current crop of 10-14 vs the 05-09 body style.

Having seen the trailer, I've made my decision, and won't be spending my time or money on that one...

Having seen the trailer, I've made my decision, and won't be spending my time or money on that one...

LOL. I have to agree.

I didn't waste my time/money on the last one, won't do either on this one.

I personally LIKE the car but the movie doesn't look nearly as tempting to me.

Phill

Viper, I'm sorry to tell you but you are incorrect about a Shelby not being the star vehicle in the movie.

Been wrong before... probably will be wrong again. Looks like a GT to me, but what do I know?

Phill, you are way over thinking this!!! The car is a "Shelby."

Yeah, but a Shelby WHAT? GT500? Or just a Shelby Wide Body?

Phill

Tonight was the sneak peak preview for the movie Need for Speed here in Dallas. The movie opens March 14.

Several members from SCAT and the North Texas Mustang Club were there along with many others as it played to a packed house. As a bonus, the director, who also directed Act of Valor, and actor Aaron Paul were there for a very nice Q&A at the end of the movie.

The movie was one of the best car movies that I have seen in many, many years. Everyone I talked with ebjoyed the movie and it should do very well at the box office once it is released. (There are no computer generated special effects in the movie which was interesting to learn from the director.)

The "star" vehicle in the movie is a "Shelby," and it is not a KR like I previously posted. Without being a spoiler, the movie provides a very interesting story line for the Shelby Mustang. There are also many tributes to Carroll Shelby in the movie. Fords are also represented often - both vintage and newer models. The end of the movie has the hero leaving everything behind in a new, red 2015 Mustang GT...yes I said 2015 Mustang. I talked to the director after the Q&A and asked him about the 2015 Mustang. He said the scene in the movie was filmed over a year ago and security was very tight while that scene was filmed.

Again, it is a great movie and there are many tributes to several of the vintage car movies going as far back as the late 1960's. The director is a big fan of the classic car movies and you will see how he uses scenes reminisent of these vintage movies throughout Need for Speed. He was adamant that the star of this movie had to be an American car which played well to the packed house tonight.

I'd give the movie a B+. Put it on your "to do" list for this March.

After reading this, I want to see it.

I don't care if the car is exactly correct or not. They can't be successful just making a movie for those who really know the cars inside and out.

From what I've seen of this one it looks 1000 times better than "Getaway" which was laughable, despite no CGI for car scenes in that one either. I'd never seen a "super snake" with a speedo that only goes up to 140 before that movie :whistling:

And at least "Need for Speed" appears to have a plot that makes sense.

Archived