TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby American Factory Tour - New Building

captdave

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My factory tour was great last Friday. I do not know how anyone gets all their work done, emails and forum comments answered with all the time spent with those lingering after the tour. I had Jim King, who had worked for Shelby back in 1965 and then later for Tasca Ford. I spent 3+ hours with the tour and chats with Gary Patterson, Jim King, Tim and Jer. Lots of stories! I overstuffed my suitcase from purchases at the gift shop. My final high light was flying over the SA building (They need to paint a giant Cobra logo on the roof) which gave nostalgic chills from the mid-1960s when I flew out of L.A. and could see the original shop and production hanger.

I know I speak for us all at SA when I say my life is booked up, right to the minute… LOL. But we love to talk to our fellow Shelby enthusiasts. Always.

Thanks for stopping by!

Jer

(They need to paint a giant Cobra logo on the roof)

That would be a great idea. Whenever I fly into San Jose I always looked at the rooftops. Quite a few had their business identifier on it and the ONLY reason to do it is for the airplanes. Shelby American could get a lot of advertising for that addition.

GREAT pics It's is SNOWING again in New Jersey. 12 - 16" of SNOW today. Boy do I wish that I was in Vegas taking the tour today.

We're here right now (just bought a house) and the temps through the 5-day are for mid 70's.... Looks like Colorado will be back into the 50-60 range by the time we get back. Thats a huge improvement of the -5 and fog when we left on Monday.

Congrats on the house Tony. Now we all have a place to stay! :lol:

When are you looking at moving out there?

Not sure yet. We have some work to do on ours before we can put it up for sale and have to wait for nicer weather to return as it is outdoor concrete work. We may make a few trips out here with boxes in uhaul trailers to get some things we can move ourselves while we make a few trips we need to make anyway.

Not sure yet. We have some work to do on ours before we can put it up for sale and have to wait for nicer weather to return as it is outdoor concrete work. We may make a few trips out here with boxes in uhaul trailers to get some things we can move ourselves while we make a few trips we need to make anyway.

How close are you from the Mothership?

We did the tour on monday and it was great.After the tour,hanging around talking to people in the office with a few questions about my 14 GT500,we got a private tour in the shop where we got to check out the cars up close.They fired up a 1000.Now that thing is Bad Ass! Can't thank SA enough for the personal tour!

Archived