TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby American Factory Tour - New Building

captdave

First time in the new building, WOW!!! What an improvement over the old facility. This is way more user friendly. Real close to the downtown Vegas Strip, and LAS Airport. Loads of parking and a huge upscale mall right next door for the wife. Huge gift shop to spend my money in, I knew that would be there.

I paid a visit on 1-22-2014. I made the first factory tour at 10:30am. I hung around after the first tour so long I joined the second tour at 1:30pm. Then what did I do? Hung around a bit more. Wife wants to know how can I spend half a day looking at the same cars over and over? It's like they have a mystic hold on me here? Even the parking lot is fun to visit.

Anyway...well-done!

CaptDave

12215244775_cd364d09f9_c.jpg

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Folks, this has been a MAJOR upgrade…. months and months of planning, hundreds of thousands of dollars… we are NOT messing around. It is a NIGHT and DAY upgrade!

Jer

Captdave.....is that you???

I haven't "seen" you around here in a while.

How have you been?

....and post more pics. I really like the lighting in the photo you did post.

Z-man

My first car I ever purchased on July 19, 1976 was a Springtime Yellow 1967 Mustang (still have it). Some people don't like yellow on cars, much less a Cobra. If they forced me I could be persuaded to take this home.

12222286616_e930803b8a_c.jpg

CaptDave

Thank you for posting your review. Looking to make the journey there myself this year. The last time I was in Vegas was before the Mustang program started. Were you able to walk there? I understand it is a short cab ride if needed. -Kevin

Thank you for posting your review. Looking to make the journey there myself this year. The last time I was in Vegas was before the Mustang program started. Were you able to walk there? I understand it is a short cab ride if needed. -Kevin

Shelby American is at the southern end of the strip just past the airport. I had a rental to do my trip but it's so close to the strip a city bus or taxi will do. It's next to the huge upscale outdoor Town Square Mall, dump the wife here first.

There is no longer a long drive to get there. It's beyond easy to find.

CaptDave

This will give you some idea how really large the Shelby American facility really is. Look past the 66 GT350, that's the gift shop and entrance (turn left at the shirts for the parking lot.). Interstate 15 runs North/South to your direct left. Las Vegas International Airport (KLAS) is a 45 deg angle to your right (really close). The Vegas Strip is running North/South to the right, one block away. The wall to your right divides the Shelby American Assembly area, it's huge.

12225146875_e75aa0532c_c.jpg

CaptDave

Quick edit here, sorry. I just wanted everyone to get an idea of what Shelby American looks like. Really bad photo...but the only one I have that shows this end of the facility in it's entirety (how did I not take more from this angle).

See the 66 GT350 just to your left, that's from the last photo. The gift shop, exit and parking is directly behind you. Interstate 15 is to your right, the Vegas Strip to your left. Out that back wall is the Town Square Mall (across the street). The far left corner is the entrance to the shop while on the tour.

The collection is not complete. All the really great Shelby's are still in storage while all the construction is completed (no CSX2000 this time). All work has to be completed to the building before CSX2000 comes home. Some of the contractors may still have keys to the place.

This is still a work in progress, I'm guessing.

12225691803_a7a3c0d2d3_c.jpg

I will look for a better shot than this, sorry.

CaptDave

Quick edit here, sorry. I just wanted everyone to get an idea of what Shelby American looks like. Really bad photo...but the only one I have that shows this end of the facility in it's entirety (how did I not take more from this angle).

See the 66 GT350 just to your left, that's from the last photo. The gift shop, exit and parking is directly behind you. Interstate 15 is to your right, the Vegas Strip to your left. Out that back wall is the Town Square Mall (across the street). The far left corner is the entrance to the shop while on the tour.

The collection is not complete. All the really great Shelby's are still in storage while all the construction is completed (no CSX2000 this time). All work has to be completed to the building before CSX2000 comes home. Some of the contractors may still have keys to the place.

This is still a work in progress, I'm guessing.

12225691803_a7a3c0d2d3_c.jpg

CaptDave

CSX2000 is in Gardena now.

CSX2000 is in Gardena now.

It will periodically move back and forth between Vegas and Gardena.

Jer

I always catch CSX2000 at the NY Auto Show, I will see it this year. It's amazing how no one knows it's history or value. Everyone is always fawning over the new stuff. The security guard at the show in 2012 had absolutely no idea what he was guarding.

CaptDave

Folks, this has been a MAJOR upgrade…. months and months of planning, hundreds of thousands of dollars… we are NOT messing around. It is a NIGHT and DAY upgrade!

Jer

I can't wait to see the new location in person in April. We should have been there in the middle of January but got fogged in bad on the day we were meant to leave for Vegas,so never made it! :( Without a doubt it is a huge improvement over the old location,besides the fact that the wife can hit the mall next door!!!!! Great planning Jer!

It will periodically move back and forth between Vegas and Gardena.

Jer

It's here right now.

Jer

CSX2000 in SHC.jpg

I like this Cobra a bunch, can you tell. I did a Posterize effect here, I think it works. Posterize is just a couple of clicks effect, very easy. The photo below shows the full edit just before Posterize. The full edit was a little bit of work.

Which do you think work best, I like them both?

12227949635_773957dff8_c.jpg

12228003975_39b9383e7d_c.jpg

CaptDave

Is it my imagination or do Shelby GT350's look extremely fast, even standing still?

12225149776_80b6aae3c8_c.jpg

CaptDave

Great photo! Appears the cars a racing for the finish line. Looking forward to seeing the new facility in person.

I like this Cobra a bunch, can you tell. I did a Posterize effect here, I think it works. Posterize is just a couple of clicks effect, very easy. The photo below shows the full edit just before Posterize. The full edit was a little bit of work.

Which do you think work best, I like them both?

CaptDave

Capt -

I am very impressed with your photographs. I like the first few with the 'dark and moody' feel, and the dark backgrounds, and subtle colors and lighting on the the cars.

Can you post a couple 'as taken' and then fully edited shots? I like to see what you started with, compared to where you ened up post-edit. Can you also tell us what software you are using and the techniques you are appyling?

Very nice!

Z-man

Capt -

I am very impressed with your photographs. I like the first few with the 'dark and moody' feel, and the dark backgrounds, and subtle colors and lighting on the the cars.

Can you post a couple 'as taken' and then fully edited shots? I like to see what you started with, compared to where you ened up post-edit. Can you also tell us what software you are using and the techniques you are appyling?

Very nice!

Z-man

+1

Archived