TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2014 Gt500 Lowering Springs

Roush GR40

Just picked up my new 2014 GT500 and are already planning a few minors mods -- lowering springs and a panhard bar for starters. I had the Eibach pro-kit in my '12 Shelby and it was perfect...much better looking then stock and not so low that it bottomed out everywhere. Would like to do the same set-up on my '14...just want to make sure the lowering springs won't conflict with the SVTPP electronic dampers. Anyone done a similar upgrade? Any issues?

Won't... but you will find that the Pro kit or FRPP won't lower the car as much. If you want the same stance go with the Eibach Sportlines. I've gone from FRPP, to Pro, to Sportlines and now planning on Jr1 coil overs. The FRPP still have too much dive for me and don't do enough to improve the body roll, Eibach Pro... just no (I don't care what anyone says, they may be made by the same company but the rates are different. I can tell). Frankly, Sportlines may be too low so the coil overs I can set as I like.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I just installed the FR springs. They only lower the front by about 5/8" the rear drops a little over an inch. They ride a little firmer and stance is a little better. I would prefer to have dropped it more but I wasn't sure of issues with electronic suspension.

I am curious about this as well as I'm looking at going with a 21x11 (or 11.5) rear wheel. (20x9.5 fronts) I know a 295 rear tire will not rub, but not sure of the following:

1. What would rub lowering spring wise with say a 325/30/21? (28.7" tall, 12.8" wide, 3.84" side wall)

2. If you go FRPP springs, should anything else be accomplished other than just the normal alignment?

3. If you go with sportlines, what are the additional things other than alignment that should be installed in keeping everything true and centered? (if required?)

Archived