TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Need A Underhood Picture Favor .... Please.

Bill Hamilton

Hey guys, I need a huge favor. I'm selling my 2011 GT-500 to a bloke in New Zealand and purchasing a new 2014 GT-500. One of the things he needs is a picture of the "Ford Motor Company VEHICLE EMMISSION CONTROL INFORMATION" label to ensure the vehicle meets emission standards for importation.

I've looked in the door jams and under the hood and I can't find one. I don't know if it's fallen off or what. Or for that manner if there was one ever under there. Can't believe there was not one. I've attached a photo of what one looks like on a 2005 car. I need a picture of one for a 2011 Shelby GT-500 to import my car to New Zealand.

REALLY REALLY REALLY would appreciated if someone can take a pic and post or sent it to me. Thanks in advance.

EPA label.jpg

Hey guys, I need a huge favor. I'm selling my 2011 GT-500 to a bloke in New Zealand and purchasing a new 2014 GT-500. One of the things he needs is a picture of the "Ford Motor Company VEHICLE EMMISSION CONTROL INFORMATION" label to ensure the vehicle meets emission standards for importation.

I've looked in the door jams and under the hood and I can't find one. I don't know if it's fallen off or what. Or for that manner if there was one ever under there. Can't believe there was not one. I've attached a photo of what one looks like on a 2005 car. I need a picture of one for a 2011 Shelby GT-500 to import my car to New Zealand.

REALLY REALLY REALLY would appreciated if someone can take a pic and post or sent it to me. Thanks in advance.

Is should be on the underside of your HOOD, just right of the latch.

Has the car been wrecked or have a aftermarket hood? There's really no reason for it to be gone other than it's been removed. They don't just 'fall off'.

Will a 2010 work? It's still a 5.4L...

Phill

Thanks for the quick response, Phil. I probably need a 2011 label if it has a year mentioned on the label as opposed to a different year. I just figured out what happened, I dinged up my hood two years ago and the dealership replaced it, but with no label. Wonder if I can buy one from the dealership or order a new one for a 2011?

Is should be on the underside of your HOOD, just right of the latch.

Has the car been wrecked or have a aftermarket hood? There's really no reason for it to be gone other than it's been removed. They don't just 'fall off'.

Will a 2010 work? It's still a 5.4L...

Phill

Phil's absolutely right, they just don't fall off. And those decals are required by law when the car is first sold new so the odds of it being left off are remote. Makes you wonder if the hood was damaged and replaced by say the dealer before being sold. That could explain the missing decal.

Steve

Ooops, just saw your reply to Phil, well that explains it.

There is a part number on the sticker so you may be able to order one from the dealer. Or if someone sends you a nice enough photo of the correct decal you can always go to your local Kinko's and have it printed on some label stock.

Steve

Thanks for the response, Steve. After much diligent searching (okay, lot's of goggling) I found something called "Decal-Warning Label" for a 5.4 engine. It's listed as part # 9A095B. Hope this is it, I ordered one through my local dealership for $5.25. :dreamy:

That part number seems too short and almost too cheap. I Googled that number you posted and it looks like the number, 9A095B, is part of a fuel decal part number. I'm not 100% sure on that though.

If you look at the decal photo you posted earlier for a 2005 decal, you'll see that decals part number starts with 5R3E-..... with the first digit of "5" correlating to the model year.

Years ago Helm used to print copies of these decals in their Ford Factory Service Manuals, does anyone happen to have a set of 2011 manuals to see if this is still the case?

Steve

That part number seems too short and almost too cheap. I Googled that number you posted and it looks like the number, 9A095B, is part of a fuel decal part number. I'm not 100% sure on that though.

If you look at the decal photo you posted earlier for a 2005 decal, you'll see that decals part number starts with 5R3E-..... with the first digit of "5" correlating to the model year.

Years ago Helm used to print copies of these decals in their Ford Factory Service Manuals, does anyone happen to have a set of 2011 manuals to see if this is still the case?

Steve

Yeah, the cheap price worried me too (LOL). Attached is a 2010 label. Wonder what's different about a 2011 sticker other than the year?

Tag.jpg

Wonder if I can buy one from the dealership or order a new one for a 2011?

Yes. Take your VIN into the parts dept of any Ford dealer and they can get/order you one.

Phill

Attached is a 2010 label. Wonder what's different about a 2011 sticker other than the year?

They went from a iron block 540HP engine in 2010 to a aluminum block 550HP engine in 2011 so it may be different. It also lists all of the required smog systems/equipment and if it's for import sake, I'd assume it has to be accurate.

Phill

Archived