TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Total Terlingua's

39Mustang

Was curious as to how many Terlingua's did SAI build?

Was not a fan of these at the beginning but they grew on me and wouldn't mine buying one but never see them For Sale

SAI could do wonders if they brought the Terlingua back with the 2015 and the eco-boost but yes I know the issue and why they haven't. Just saying it would be a good package

39 Mustang,

Good question. The final count for the Terlingua model has not been completed as of this date. The number of these builds is relatively low and therefore the number for sale is of course correspondingly low as well. They do sell occaisonally, sometimes by word of mouth, but not often for sale at all.

If you are interested, I watch for this model very closely and would be happy to let you know of any sales that might be out there I find out about. There is one currently on Ebay right now, or was a day or two ago at least.

Please feel free to email me at: vorpl8@yahoo.com

David Elkowitz, Shelby Terlingua Registrar

Its been posted on here that its 40, plus or minus a couple. About half of the Terlinguas are black, and we don't know of any red ones at all. There is only one vista blue, one Limmer, and a couple wind veil blues. There are 3 yellows ive heard of, and 5 or so white. There are at least that many grabber orange ones. If you add the silver one and the SGM? one, that pretty much accounts for that number.

Its a small group. At least half of us are active Team Shelby members, friends, and Terlingua event attendees. Pretty remarkable for that much percentage of any build.

Its been posted on here that its 40, plus or minus a couple. About half of the Terlinguas are black, and we don't know of any red ones at all. There is only one vista blue, one Limmer, and a couple wind veil blues. There are 3 yellows ive heard of, and 5 or so white. There are at least that many grabber orange ones. If you add the silver one and the SGM? one, that pretty much accounts for that number.

Its a small group. At least half of us are active Team Shelby members, friends, and Terlingua event attendees. Pretty remarkable for that much percentage of any build.

Also 2 Alloy. This is like being on the 40th forum. ;-)

You and Helaina both have alloy, right? What color is Larry's bunny officially? I forget...

I honestly don't understand why Ford makes 50 shades of grey...pardon the pun.

Im really not smart enough to keep up with them all or tell them apart because I belong to the man club and my card gets revoked if I acknowledge more than 6 colors. :hilarious:

You and Helaina both have alloy, right? What color is Larry's bunny officially? I forget...

I honestly don't understand why Ford makes 50 shades of grey...pardon the pun.

Im really not smart enough to keep up with them all or tell them apart because I belong to the man club and my card gets revoked if I acknowledge more than 6 colors. :hilarious:

Don and Big Larry have Alloy and Helaina has Tungsten.

Hang in there Don, we love the Alloy Bunnies!

Warren does knowing this answer revoke my man card??? Or make me a Terlingua Car guy LMAO.

David

David,

You fight wildfires in the forests with a shovel and an axe. You live in a place no human should be able to survive, and most importantly, you own the first of the bunnies!

Your man card is perfectly safe.

David,

You fight wildfires in the forests with a shovel and an axe. You live in a place no human should be able to survive, and most importantly, you own the first of the bunnies!

Wheh!!! :yahoo:

David,

Yeah, but he does own a Honda......

• 2 weeks later...

All being said, have any Terlinguas been put to the SAI graveyard in the sky?

I know there are at least 2 now have different engines, I think that is right...

And does anyone know the ratio between the "performance pack" cars vs the others?

Well, good questions.

None in the graveyard that I know of yet. Rabbits are hanging tough!

More than two have had the engines worked on and or bored out, would have to do some research for exact number. Many more are the performance than the base, but do have some of both.

David

All being said, have any Terlinguas been put to the SAI graveyard in the sky?

I know there are at least 2 now have different engines, I think that is right...

And does anyone know the ratio between the "performance pack" cars vs the others?

I can count a total of 5 base models that were built - two of which were SC later. There are 7 that I am not sure what they are and all the rest are "performance pack" cars.

Unofficially and to the best of my knowledge of my own personal count - I can count

18 Black

6 Grabber Orange

2 Yellow

3 Whites

2 Winvail Blue

1 Vista Blue

1 Lime

2 Alloys

1 Tungsten

1 Silver

2 others that are some shade of silver

7 Automatics

2 Convertibles

EDIT:--- Add one more Yellow to my count after watching the video above. That brings my unofficial count to 40 ;)

I think this one may be one of the already known yellow cars. The one in the video has the A34 in white letters in the middle of the windshield which I've seen quite a few times before. These letters were used during one of the Tulsa events correct? I think this is the yellow one that was owned by SA and used to be in the museum and has been used at quite a few displays and shows. So I'm pretty sure this is one of the known already two yellow ones.

149250d1385747733t-shelby-terlingua-must

I think this one may be one of the already known yellow cars. The one in the video has the A34 in white letters in the middle of the windshield which I've seen quite a few times before. These letters were used during one of the Tulsa events correct? I think this is the yellow one that was owned by SA and used to be in the museum and has been used at quite a few displays and shows. So I'm pretty sure this is one of the known already two yellow ones.

149250d1385747733t-shelby-terlingua-must

Yep - I think you might be right. I didn't catch that. Maybe he is storing it for them.

That's Sharon's car. I got to go spend a few hours there at Dearborn last year with John Clor. Mike Berardi is a Ford VP and a PASSIONATE Mach 1 guy. His collection is really impressive. Robert and Sharon's cars are being stored there for now.

David,

I wonder if you have this guy's info? One of the interesting 50th Anniversary video's Ford is doing is at this guy's collection. I see he has one of the yellow/black hood cars that passes by in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_1rnXQlLUE&feature=youtu.be

Hey Jeff,

Nice find this video thanks. I do not have contact info, but I assume you do have Sharon and Robert's?

My best and see you in Terlingua!

David

That's Sharon's car. I got to go spend a few hours there at Dearborn last year with John Clor. Mike Berardi is a Ford VP and a PASSIONATE Mach 1 guy. His collection is really impressive. Robert and Sharon's cars are being stored there for now.

I just about thought for sure that might be Sharon's car. But didn't know if she sold it which I couldn't imagine. Now that I know it's just hanging there. That is cool. I'm sure if she wanted to sell it that Mike would probably be a buyer!! Mystery solved. Thanks Dubbs.

Unofficially and to the best of my knowledge of my own personal count - I can count

18 Black

6 Grabber Orange

2 Yellow

3 Whites

2 Winvail Blue

1 Vista Blue

1 Lime

2 Alloys

1 Tungsten

1 Silver

7 Automatics

2 Convertibles

EDIT:--- Add one more Yellow to my count after watching the video above. That brings my unofficial count to 40 ;)

Thanks for posting the color count. This is what I needed for a long term, color based, CAR-toon

project, I have been working on with all the Bunny colors. Hope I can have it finished and ship down

a copy for the T14 auction, (if it survives the design review process).

18 Black

6 Grabber Orange

2 Yellow

3 Whites

2 Winvail Blue

1 Vista Blue

1 Lime

2 Alloys

1 Tungsten

1 Silver

7 Automatics

2 Convertibles

yea you know which one I want... haha

• 1 year later...

Archived