TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Bad Luck?

07VENOMWT

Hello fellow members, This is my first post asking for some help. On Saturday I went to fill up the Shelby i was almost on a completely empty tank. Started fulling got about 25 bucks into it and had the famous click stop. It had only happen to me once out of the 7-8 times Ive filled it up since i purchased it so this was the second time it had happen. So i spent 20 minutes trying to finish filing it up got to about 15.2 gallons into it and i figured that has to be it. Got it started it up and i noticed the fuel gauge was tacked out but my __ miles to E was reading 193 miles to empty and usually it would read 210+ miles to E. Tried searching later that night for a fix on this and many threads just kinda had either was "its this or that" or no results. So I wanted to get a clear answer so i can start finding a fix for this than having to take it to the dealer and pay a whole lot of $ for something i can replace or fix. Today I was adding a HID harness relay since I added HID to my headlights and had some flickering, after install went in turn the headlights on and I looked at the stereo and it displayed "Initializing" I have one CD in the Shaker500 and kept trying to eject it or play it and the screen just keep displaying "Initializing". I read that a lot of these decks have a problem after battery disconnects or dead battery. Also after that weird problem today i also noticed that my 193 miles to empty shot up all the way to 302 miles to E. This cant be possibly correct? Problem with the sending unit fuel pump? Am just very stumbled with these two problems. I do not have any problems driving no rough idles hesitation no CEL. Runs, Drives, whines fantastic.

Hopefully I can get some pointers on how to get these two problems resolved and not have to end up going to the dealership for repairs I can do.

Thanks TS member's!!!!

I will have to wait till this weekend to get it up to check all the fuel lines and vent line. Checked with my local dealership nothing was available for recalls or service. So if I have them do any trouble shooting its $104+.

It may be trying to calculate with your recent reset. I would drive it for 30+ miles and see if it stabilizes.

As for you radio, the fix is to unplug the CD head unit inside the radio. Thread details it somewhere, may try search or I hunt it down and link it later.

I had the could not fill problem... After lots of reading threads went to dealer with info.. They played stupid.. "we never heard of this" line.. I just and left.. Went to a local garage told them about line near exhaust and WOW They inspected and repaired/replaced it... Problem gone...

It may be trying to calculate with your recent reset. I would drive it for 30+ miles and see if it stabilizes.

As for you radio, the fix is to unplug the CD head unit inside the radio. Thread details it somewhere, may try search or I hunt it down and link it later.

Yeah i had read a few threads on people just taking the head unit out replacing it with an aftermarket or taking it out and opening the HD to take out the CDs.

I had the could not fill problem... After lots of reading threads went to dealer with info.. They played stupid.. "we never heard of this" line.. I just and left.. Went to a local garage told them about line near exhaust and WOW They inspected and repaired/replaced it... Problem gone...

Exactly what they did. "nope haven't heard of the problem" I just walked out. I understand they need to make money but whats the point of them acting stupid. I told the service adviser that i had read a lot of info on that matter on Mustang forums and still just playing stupid.

So i was finally able to get underneath the Shelby. Didn't really see anything odd other than one hose that was not attached.

20140201_154421_zps571e2085.jpg

Hose from the gas tank.

20140201_165719_zpsd8a6a44b.jpg

This connection made a small click sound when i was checking to see if it was on properly connected.

20140201_165744_zps0ad396cf.jpg

I squeezed the rubber hoses that where around the exhaust pipe and they where not hard or seemed collapsed internally. :shrug:

• 2 weeks later...

Well I fueled up the Shelby on Monday and I did not experience the shut off click. I had the fuel nozzle fully open and it fueled the tank completely. Maybe when I was under shaking the hoses and heard the click on that connection I mention on the picture above might have solved it? Guess I will have to wait till next time i got to fuel up.

Archived