TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2014 Team Shelby Vegas Bash!

Jer

We are flying into Phoenix on Monday to start our countdown to our drive to Palm Springs for the start!......Sooooo excited to go on our first Bash and meet everybody else!

Especially excited to see the new facility but most of all Jer,who has been there all the way with us!!!! See ya soon!!!!

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't wait! Finalizing the transport from here in Orlando out to Vegas for our '07 and '13. We fly in on the 12th, pick up the cars and book it down to Palm Springs by Saturday night. Get the cars detailed on Sunday morning and then enjoy the rest of the adventure! Looking forward to meeting everyone and driving our cars!

Just a question for all you Bash veterans. With the Bash door decals,are they easy to remove them from the doors and save them,or as I have read some people use magnets to put them on. What is the best answer and what would be the type of magnets would I be best to bring with me? Thanks in advance for your replies!

We kept the backing paper and saved ours last year, and it wasn't too hard to peel off. Probably going the magnet route this year though since it'll make them more re-usable.

I'd love to know what magnetic sheets others used for them though since some of the reviews aren't too confidence inspiring for them actually staying on the car at highway speeds, let alone on the track.

I did that with my 50th bash decals. I put them on the car during the bash then took them off. I later took them to 702 graphics in Vegas and they created an exact replica of them and put them on magnets. So now I have a set that is magnets and my original bash decals that i put away.

Same here.

Except, I ended up buying a roll of the stuff a couple of years ago.

Through my business I have an account with a supplier who carries the magnetic sheeting.

Bought the heavy duty version so I didn't have to worry about high speed being an issue.

I think you can buy individual cuts on Amazon.

Or any local sign shop will have it on hand as well.

Anyone have the measurements? I was wondering if they were wider than 24"? I found a 2x3 foot roll and wondered if that would suffice for both sides? I thought they were less than 1 1/2ft tall, but could be wrong there as well. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Anyone have the measurements? I was wondering if they were wider than 24"? I found a 2x3 foot roll and wondered if that would suffice for both sides? I thought they were less than 1 1/2ft tall, but could be wrong there as well. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

12 inches by 24 inches

I'm getting more excited about the Vegas trip now. My in-laws decided to come along for a little vacation in their coach, so I'll be sharing driving duties in this beast pulling my enclosed trailer. I was dreading the trip out there pulling my trailer with my truck over all the passes. I think my trailer is going to look like a toy behind this, but it will be fun! With 2,025 ft lbs of torque, the mountains are no problem.

Renegade_zps6523371b.jpg

I'm getting more excited about the Vegas trip now. My in-laws decided to come along for a little vacation in their coach, so I'll be sharing driving duties in this beast pulling my enclosed trailer. I was dreading the trip out there pulling my trailer with my truck over all the passes. I think my trailer is going to look like a toy behind this, but it will be fun! With 2,025 ft lbs of torque, the mountains are no problem.

Renegade_zps6523371b.jpg

Now that is sweet.

Renegade_zps6523371b.jpg

YOWZA.

Jer

Yea, cancelled all my hotel reservations as this thing is nicer than any of the rooms and I'll have my own secure portable garage. Fun, fun!!

It's all about what works and the experience,looks like we all got a beer fridge in the parking lot for the hot Bash days!!!! Lol!

I'm getting more excited about the Vegas trip now. My in-laws decided to come along for a little vacation in their coach,

Renegade_zps6523371b.jpg

DANNNNNG! Are they adopting?

I'm available!

Phill

WOw, that's some truck/trailer! What kind of engine delivers 2025ft-lb ??? How many HP? My little Dodge Ram 1500 did breathe a little harder than normal coming out here with a U-haul being towed behind it. It was able to keep up to the speed limit all the way but it sure was revving higher than normal on the same passes.

I am guessing they have anywhere between 400-500 HP in semis, but it is all about torque in rigs. I used to drive them so I know what they are like. Nice setup. If I ever win the Lotto, I would definitely get a rig to pull my tribute as a track car! You are so lucky. Have fun with it! See you in Vegas!

The 2013 Cummins ISX 650hp was bumped from 1950 ft lbs to 2025 ft lbs. This engine is not available in over the road trucks. Most of the Renegade IKONs have the 600hp ISX or 560 DD, but my in-laws opted for the 650hp to tame the Colorado mountains. And let me tell you, it worked, you can set the cruise control at pretty much whatever speed you want going over the passes and it doesn't even think about it.

The 2013 Cummins ISX 650hp was bumped from 1950 ft lbs to 2025 ft lbs. This engine is not available in over the road trucks. Most of the Renegade IKONs have the 600hp ISX or 560 DD, but my in-laws opted for the 650hp to tame the Colorado mountains. And let me tell you, it worked, you can set the cruise control at pretty much whatever speed you want going over the passes and it doesn't even think about it.

Wow, a lot more HP than I thought! That is nice! Thank you for sharing. I would love to check out that rig when we are in Vegas, if you all don't mind. Enjoy your travels and " Keep on truckin' "

Nice rig! We are putting the cars on a transport tomorrow and flying out on the 12th. They will be waiting for us at the hotel when we land. Our first bash and coming from Orlando, FL! We are with the South Atlantic Region Team. We will be hanging with Bob Zinzell. If everyone did not know, his team will be building the Team Shelby Challenge cars in the coming months. He may even be taking orders at the bash! Looking forward to a great time, great company and great

cars.

Archived