TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2014 Team Shelby Vegas Bash!

Jer

Owenkelley::::The Bash is a once a year special kind of event,one which is only open to TS members and their guests.

From all that I have read,it seems that this years prices are lower than last years etc. Also you could have bought 2 tickets for $599,a saving over the single price.

The cost for people is a personal decsion ,based on what is going to be more important one to attend,not just on price but location on where they live and being able to get their with their cars etc.

Me personally,I have wanted to attend an event since the inception of the first Birthday Bash,but work commitments(having to work for a living sucks huh!) and where I live in Canada.

Driving my car down at that time of year is not realistically possible,so cost or no cost it wasn't an option!

So this year I did decide that it was time I did go to my first one,so shipping my car down to Phoenix was my only option,a $2,600 kick!

But I'm going to my first for sure,whatever the cost,see it's all about where or what you want to put your hard earned dollars!

BTW, you mentioned the International Mustang meet in Vancouver BC. That's in my backyard,but I see that you are in the Mountain region area,so is it then cheaper for you to go up to that one then rather than the cost to attend the Bash which I assume is much closer to you?!

Just thought I would ask the question!!!!

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Owenkelley::::The Bash is a once a year special kind of event,one which is only open to TS members and their guests.

From all that I have read,it seems that this years prices are lower than last years etc. Also you could have bought 2 tickets for $599,a saving over the single price.

The cost for people is a personal decsion ,based on what is going to be more important one to attend,not just on price but location on where they live and being able to get their with their cars etc.

Me personally,I have wanted to attend an event since the inception of the first Birthday Bash,but work commitments(having to work for a living sucks huh!) and where I live in Canada.

Driving my car down at that time of year is not realistically possible,so cost or no cost it wasn't an option!

So this year I did decide that it was time I did go to my first one,so shipping my car down to Phoenix was my only option,a $2,600 kick!

But I'm going to my first for sure,whatever the cost,see it's all about where or what you want to put your hard earned dollars!

BTW, you mentioned the International Mustang meet in Vancouver BC. That's in my backyard,but I see that you are in the Mountain region area,so is it then cheaper for you to go up to that one then rather than the cost to attend the Bash which I assume is much closer to you?!

Just thought I would ask the question!!!!

It's 611 miles to Vancouver from where I live in Montana, it's 950 miles to Vegas. I am going to Vegas for the 50th Anniversary of The Mustang Celebration, and I will check out the Shelby car show. We're probably going to Sturgis over Labor Day instead of The International, which is actually further away then Vancouver, but we've been to many Internationals and only one Sturgis event.

I guess I must have missed where you could buy tickets to The Bash for $599.00, I thought it was more like $750.00 - but $599.00 is still a lot ( in my mind) for a 3 day event. Like you say, it just depends on where you want to spend your money and how many shows you want to attend. I'm sure you will have a great time, it's a really nice event. I'm looking forward to seeing everybody's cars!

It's 611 miles to Vancouver from where I live in Montana, it's 950 miles to Vegas. I am going to Vegas for the 50th Anniversary of The Mustang Celebration, and I will check out the Shelby car show. We're probably going to Sturgis over Labor Day instead of The International, which is actually further away then Vancouver, but we've been to many Internationals and only one Sturgis event.

I guess I must have missed where you could buy tickets to The Bash for $599.00, I thought it was more like $750.00 - but $599.00 is still a lot ( in my mind) for a 3 day event. Like you say, it just depends on where you want to spend your money and how many shows you want to attend. I'm sure you will have a great time, it's a really nice event. I'm looking forward to seeing everybody's cars!

I guess that where you live you are between a rock and a hard place! It is always tough sometimes to decide what's right at the time for many of us! I totally understand where you are coming from but sometimes it just comes down to the dollar and cents.

When they announced the opening for Bash tickets,it was $399 for one but for two they said it would be $599!

Anyway,I'm sure that you will have fun at the 50th in Vegas.

Don't forget to stop by and see us,I'm the Convertable with lambo doors,see you there!

Hey owenkelley.

Just reading this thread for any Bash updates and obviously came into your comments.

First off, the Bash is definitely a "must do" at some point in your life. Even if you attend just one. But I can tell you that once you do one, you are hooked and will be back year after year.

It is pricey, but a lot of fun. Last year it cost me almost $1200 with track time for 2 ( my son and I ) and worth every penny !!

And yes, we both drove my car on the track in different classes. ( he has more track experience than I do )

Secondly, I must congratulate you on your vehicles shown in your signature. Impressive !!

Is the 67 original or restored??

Post some pics sometime.

Hey owenkelley.

Just reading this thread for any Bash updates and obviously came into your comments.

First off, the Bash is definitely a "must do" at some point in your life. Even if you attend just one. But I can tell you that once you do one, you are hooked and will be back year after year.

It is pricey, but a lot of fun. Last year it cost me almost $1200 with track time for 2 ( my son and I ) and worth every penny !!

And yes, we both drove my car on the track in different classes. ( he has more track experience than I do )

Secondly, I must congratulate you on your vehicles shown in your signature. Impressive !!

Post some pics sometime.

I'm on board with your comments,I haven't even quite got to my first one yet,but I can tell you I don't plan on missing any more either!

I never realized the pricing for previous Bashes were that high but as you said,well worth it!

Heck, last year I paid 800 for one person, no track I believe.....It was really for 2, but my wife was in a head on collision 2 weeks prior and punctured her lung. The doc would not let her fly when it was time to leave, but it was too late for any kind of refund. The wife made me go, and boy I am glad I did. Coming back again!!

Heck, last year I paid 800 for one person, no track I believe.....It was really for 2, but my wife was in a head on collision 2 weeks prior and punctured her lung. The doc would not let her fly when it was time to leave, but it was too late for any kind of refund. The wife made me go, and boy I am glad I did. Coming back again!!

Yes,that for sure would have sucked at the time,but as you said.....it was worth it!

At least your wife is able to make it this year,so all is good,look forward to meeting you there!

Hey owenkelley.

Post some pics sometime.

The Bash is a great time, I went to the one for Carroll's 85th birthday and we had a ball. I've been back just to go to the car show and check out everybody's cars, but haven't actually participated in one since. The biggest issue in the past has been the time of year and the inability to bring a Shelby down from Montana in the winter. I don't have a trailer so if I bring a car I drive it. It's hard for me to get excited about going to a car show while driving a rental car, but I know a lot of people do. This year I'm driving our '66 Mustang fastback down for the 50th Mustang Celebration, so that will be fun, and I will definitely go check out the cars at the Team Shelby car show. Watching the open track events were always the highlight of the Shelby Meets for me, so I'm looking forward to seeing that again this year.

Thanks for the comment on our cars. The '67 is a driver that's been recently painted. We bought it in '82 and it gets driven quite a bit. If you go to my Team Shelby profile there are quite a few pictures of cars that we own now and have owned in the past.

See you in Vegas! I'll be driving the blue and silver metalflake '66 fastback that looks like it belongs in Vegas!

I agree with a lot of you. This, coming from a guy that is a stay at home dad! I am fortunate to not only have a loving wife, but a supportive one at that. I talked to her regarding the 2012 Bash and I went. This year, because of the Mustang 50th, I talked it over with her, and once again, I am able to go. I will always be a member, but this might be my last Bash for a while. Like mentioned before, you have to go at least once, for me I got lucky and I am able to go a second time around. The Bash prices may be a little steep, but are worth it. This years bash and Mustang 50th celebration, believe it or not, actually cost less combined together, when compared to Shelby's 50th Bash. All I know is I am going and I will make sure I have fun! See you all in Vegas!

The Bash is a great time, I went to the one for Carroll's 85th birthday and we had a ball. I've been back just to go to the car show and check out everybody's cars, but haven't actually participated in one since. The biggest issue in the past has been the time of year and the inability to bring a Shelby down from Montana in the winter. I don't have a trailer so if I bring a car I drive it. It's hard for me to get excited about going to a car show while driving a rental car, but I know a lot of people do. This year I'm driving our '66 Mustang fastback down for the 50th Mustang Celebration, so that will be fun, and I will definitely go check out the cars at the Team Shelby car show. Watching the open track events were always the highlight of the Shelby Meets for me, so I'm looking forward to seeing that again this year.

Thanks for the comment on our cars. The '67 is a driver that's been recently painted. We bought it in '82 and it gets driven quite a bit. If you go to my Team Shelby profile there are quite a few pictures of cars that we own now and have owned in the past.

See you in Vegas! I'll be driving the blue and silver metalflake '66 fastback that looks like it belongs in Vegas!

I totally hear you on the early dates of previous Bashes,I had the same issues as to getting my car down there that early through areas that are not nice to hot cars!!!! At least you can make the 50th with your car,enjoy your drive!

I totally understand your concerns on bringing a car down so early in the year as per earlier Bashes. That was one of the things that always held me back from earlier Bashes! Trying or even thinking about driving a nice car in some winter roads doesn't bear thinking about,and yes I agree using a rental car just isn't the same! At least you will be there for the 50th!

Just compare the 50th pricing, where it feels to me like being nickel and dimed to death, with the bash pricing. Both for 2 people, 1 car:

Shelby Bash: $599

- 2 goodie bags

- 3 dinners, 1 lunch and a breakfast

- 2 organized cruises (3 if you count the NorCal conga line!)

- private tours of 2 custom collections

- the New Shelby American facility's official grand opening

- 3 team shelby only car shows

MCA:

- entry for 1 car, 1 goodie bag, 2 people: $150

- includes parking/massive car show all 4 days

- 2 tickets to Thursday night party: $150

- 2 tickets to Friday night Shelby gala: $150

- 2 tickets to Saturday night banquet: $150

- extra goodie bag for second person: $50

Total: $650 (not counting track prices to keep it apples to apples)

And from my experience in the past, the Shelby Bash will be better organized and have more attention to detail (like organized, guarded parking at the host hotel, for example, which the MCA was unable to organize/provide).

We're going to both, because the 50th will certainly be a once in a lifetime event, but I don't think the Bash is actually any more expensive. SAI just puts it all together for us in one simple easy package.

You'd better wrap her in bubble wrap for the next month! :D

We're looking forward to actually meeting her this year (not to mention seeing your beast in its finished form)!

Just compare the 50th pricing, where it feels to me like being nickel and dimed to death, with the bash pricing. Both for 2 people, 1 car:

- 2 goodie bags

MCA:

And from my experience in the past, the Shelby Bash will be better organized and have more attention to detail (like organized, guarded parking at the host hotel, for example, which the MCA was unable to organize/provide).

We're going to both, because the 50th will certainly be a once in a lifetime event, but I don't think the Bash is actually any more expensive. SAI just puts it all together for us in one simple easy package.

I think that pretty well sums it up,a great way of getting people to see what it is all about! Great job!

Yup, that WAS the idea.

BTW, Bash tickets were only $399, or $300 each when buying 2.

We really thought it was the best value anywhere.

Jer

- 2 goodie bags

MCA:

I thought 2 dinners, 2 lunches and breakfast. Am I missing something?

I thought 2 dinners, 2 lunches and breakfast. Am I missing something?

I apparently missed the second lunch, but was counting the party at Caddyshack as dinner (since they did have food last year) though I suppose it was probably closer to appetizers and desserts than actual dinner.

The one benefit to the separate pricing MCA used is if you don't want to actually go to all the parts of the event (ie my inlaws won't be going to all of the nightly events so they can get some gambling and sleep in). That being said however, after experiencing what the SAI crew puts together for a Bash I don't think I'd skip anything anyways -- much like the other package deals they do for our cars :D

- 2 goodie bags

MCA:

Very true, but you've made my point exactly. The Mustang 50th has all of the events separated so you can pick the ones you want to participate in. My wife and I aren't interested in all of the banquets and parties, we're very boring ant-social people, all we are interested in is going to the car show and seeing all of the cars. We can do all the socializing we want to do at the car show, so for $150.00 we're happy.

I apparently missed the second lunch, but was counting the party at Caddyshack as dinner (since they did have food last year) though I suppose it was probably closer to appetizers and desserts than actual dinner.

OK. Good to know. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

There was plenty of food and pretty much an open bar. Caddy Shack's owner - Mr Tim Martin - is an excellent host! He is looking forward to seeing us again this year.

There was plenty of food and pretty much an open bar. Caddy Shack's owner - Mr Tim Martin - is an excellent host! He is looking forward to seeing us again this year.

That's cool,it's going to be great! I agree with you Michael,time to quit picking things apart and move on.

All of us who have registered for this years Bash think that it's a great event,put on by very hard working individuals with one thing in mind......celebrate a great brand and meet lots of great people!

Thank you to everybody who made this event happen! :)

All of us at Shelby are VERY excited to have so many people coming here to see our new HQ for the first time… prepare to have your mind blown.

Jer

It will be soon!

TRULY looking forward to it.

Thanks for your support,

Jer

Archived