TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2014 Team Shelby Vegas Bash!

Jer

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, what a bummer for all of ya! I include my best friend in all I do! She drives on open track, rides next to me on her Sportster1200. One car is mine and she thinks it's hers and the other car is hers and I think it's mine! So, when you see her coming up behind you in the 2013 Sterling Grey w/DIB stripes Shelby GT500, don't get nervous that a woman is driving, cause she could probably out drive most of us! Ha!

There are many women out there who can outdrive some men! You can never get too complacent!!!!

Ticket sales for the 2014 Shelby Vegas Bash are officially CLOSED. Thanks to all who signed up, we're looking forward to a GREAT time with you all here!

Jer

GADAMN! That didn't take long. I just asked my wife day before yesterday if i should get 2 ticks for the Shelby Bash...Well I guess THAT puts a end to my decision making. I'll be there for the Bash anyway but not as a ticket holder.

I asked but never got a answer, is there gong to be a 'spectator' type event like in the past (car show at the shop, etc.)?

I'm doing the Mojave Mile the weekend before and the MCA 50th the weekend after so will be hanging out in Vegas for the time between...Which is when the Bash is.

Phill

Sooo, inquiring minds need to know. Did Phill buy Bash tickets?

Noooope! I'll be there but will have to sneak in!

'Tis alright. Saved me $600 bucks I can lose at the tables. NOTTT! (I don't gamble).

See ya there?

Phill

Noooope! I'll be there but will have to sneak in!

'Tis alright. Saved me $600 bucks I can lose at the tables. NOTTT! (I don't gamble).

See ya there?

Phill

Good luck with that.

My Doberman Elvis will be guarding the door.

As for "spectator" events, yes, the Monday night gathering at SA AND the Wednesday morning car show are open to the public. Just pack a lunch, only Bash ticketholders will have meal tickets.

Jer

Good luck with that.

My Doberman Elvis will be guarding the door.

Ehh! Dobies don't concern me.

It's those damn TEETH I get worried about!

Phill

As for "spectator" events, yes, the Monday night gathering at SA AND the Wednesday morning car show are open to the public. Just pack a lunch, only Bash ticketholders will have meal tickets.

Not sure about the Monday night gathering. Will be leaving Mojave Monday morning so not sure how beat up I'll be when I get into Vegas but I'll try to make the car show on Weds. Will be in to the new location for a tour while there too.

Hope to see you there. This time my 'time keeper' can't hold me to a time limit!

Phill

GADAMN! That didn't take long. I just asked my wife day before yesterday if i should get 2 ticks for the Shelby Bash...Well I guess THAT puts a end to my decision making. I'll be there for the Bash anyway but not as a ticket holder.

I asked but never got a answer, is there gong to be a 'spectator' type event like in the past (car show at the shop, etc.)?

I'm doing the Mojave Mile the weekend before and the MCA 50th the weekend after so will be hanging out in Vegas for the time between...Which is when the Bash is.

Phill

Looks like you should have started working on your better half a lot earlier!!! Too bad you didn't make it with the rest of us :(

IMPORTANT:

Please remember, Vegas Bash 2014 tickets are NOT TRANSFERABLE - As a ticketless system, Registration will be by Photo ID ONLY.

If you cannot go, alert us within 2 weeks of The Bash. Anyone who'd like to be on a "reserve" waiting list can email me directly. Thanks!

Jer

IMPORTANT:

Please remember, Vegas Bash 2014 tickets are NOT TRANSFERABLE - As a ticketless system, Registration will be by Photo ID ONLY.

If you cannot go, alert us within 2 weeks of The Bash. Anyone who'd like to be on a "reserve" waiting list can email me directly. Thanks!

Jer

Just a heads up......

Carroll Shelby just posted on Facebook a link to Shelby Bash tickets inviting people to sign up.

You might want to get a hold of "Carroll" and straighten "him" out before you have more problems.:victory:

Just a heads up......

Carroll Shelby just posted on Facebook a link to Shelby Bash tickets inviting people to sign up.

You might want to get a hold of "Carroll" and straighten "him" out before you have more problems. :victory:

Thanks, Michael… I have alerted the neccessary parties.

Jer

Jer,

Looking forward to the event thanks for putting this together and good looking out! Got my reservations for Palm Springs drive in and reservations at southpoint also registered for the MCA with track day on thursday!!! Looking forward to meeting you all there!

• 2 weeks later...

Just and observation - This event has become so expensive that a lot of people are declining to participate. Now obviously, that doesn't keep the event from selling out, so maybe it's a non-issue to the organizers.

We went to the 85th Birthday Bash and felt we were spending way more than we should, but we were getting a couple nights at The Wynn for our money back then and Carroll was still with us, so there was always the added value of being able to see him. I hoped that in following years the price may become more affordable because they wouldn't be celebrating "milestone" events, but the prices are just as expensive and now and there is no motel accommodations provided with the entry fee. It's as if it has become an event for the wealthy, and the heck with the little guy. I have been attending the Las Vegas shows almost every year since the first "SAAC Does Vegas" event, but the last several years I have only gone and checked out the car show because it doesn't make sense financially to participate any further, especially if the dates are early enough that you can't feasibly drive a Shelby down from Montana. This year we are participating in The 50th Anniversary of the Mustang Celebration, so we will be driving our '66 fastback down. It's affordable. We will be checking out the Shelby car show as always, and we will go see the new Shelby facility, but that will be the extent of our involvement with the Shelby event.

Okay, done whining now.

Just and observation - This event has become so expensive that a lot of people are declining to participate. Now obviously, that doesn't keep the event from selling out, so maybe it's a non-issue to the organizers.

We went to the 85th Birthday Bash and felt we were spending way more than we should, but we were getting a couple nights at The Wynn for our money back then and Carroll was still with us, so there was always the added value of being able to see him. I hoped that in following years the price may become more affordable because they wouldn't be celebrating "milestone" events, but the prices are just as expensive and now and there is no motel accommodations provided with the entry fee. It's as if it has become an event for the wealthy, and the heck with the little guy. I have been attending the Las Vegas shows almost every year since the first "SAAC Does Vegas" event, but the last several years I have only gone and checked out the car show because it doesn't make sense financially to participate any further, especially if the dates are early enough that you can't feasibly drive a Shelby down from Montana. This year we are participating in The 50th Anniversary of the Mustang Celebration, so we will be driving our '66 fastback down. It's affordable. We will be checking out the Shelby car show as always, and we will go see the new Shelby facility, but that will be the extent of our involvement with the Shelby event.

Okay, done whining now.

Hi

I am sorry that you feel this way.

When you get involved in running these types of events, it becomes a rude awakening on how much things cost. These events are for the enjoyment of the enthusiast and not subsidized. (The 85th was a Ford sponsored event and if you had costed the tickets realistically, the event the admission ticket would have been closer to $1500.00 per head)

The Bash admission prices are calculated based on cost without any profit margin. Insurance, collateral (goody bags, decals, etc), meals (2 lunches, 2 dinners and a breakfast), entertainment, printing, and the list goes on. This is done with mostly with volunteer labor, but there are some hard labor costs also.

This being said, the TS regional directors are constantly looking for volunteers with great ideas on how we can run fun events at reasonable costs. Please let me know if you are willing to share your thoughts on how we can improve things.

Thank you

Michael

Okay, done whining now.

Our whole hobby is expensive. The car, gas, insurance, too many mods. I’m sure everyone would like to do stuff for less. Exactly how much do you think it should be? It would interesting to hear your opinion. I would also suggest that most people who attend these events don’t consider themselves “wealthy”.

I always find it interesting how people define one group from another. I’m sure there are plenty of people that think you are wealthy beyond their dreams to be able to attend a Mustang event in Las Vegas.

Just wondering.. Is there going to be a Bash survival guide this time?? If it was out already.. I missed it.

First post: http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/84058-registration-for-the-shelby-vegas-bash-2014-is-now-open/

There will be a hard copy in the "goodie bag" during Registration, as well.

Jer

Hi

I am sorry that you feel this way.

When you get involved in running these types of events, it becomes a rude awakening on how much things cost. These events are for the enjoyment of the enthusiast and not subsidized. (The 85th was a Ford sponsored event and if you had costed the tickets realistically, the event the admission ticket would have been closer to $1500.00 per head)

The Bash admission prices are calculated based on cost without any profit margin. Insurance, collateral (goody bags, decals, etc), meals (2 lunches, 2 dinners and a breakfast), entertainment, printing, and the list goes on. This is done with mostly with volunteer labor, but there are some hard labor costs also.

This being said, the TS regional directors are constantly looking for volunteers with great ideas on how we can run fun events at reasonable costs. Please let me know if you are willing to share your thoughts on how we can improve things.

Thank you

Michael

All good points. BTW, this is the least expensive Bash in at least 3 years, and attendance far surpasses last year's event.

Jer

Our whole hobby is expensive. The car, gas, insurance, too many mods. I’m sure everyone would like to do stuff for less. Exactly how much do you think it should be? It would interesting to hear your opinion. I would also suggest that most people who attend these events don’t consider themselves “wealthy”.

I always find it interesting how people define one group from another. I’m sure there are plenty of people that think you are wealthy beyond their dreams to be able to attend a Mustang event in Las Vegas.

I couldn't agree with you more!!! Everything we do in life is expensive,least of all our car hobbies!

In life we have to put together our priorities and budgets so we can do the things that are important to us. Some choose to go on big expensive vacations to Nice hot beachside resorts,some go on cruises,some on winter vacations,some on keeping their beer fridges stocked.....it goes on!

We all have to decide how much we want to spend on any one trip,and my guess is that everyone who has registered and going on this years Bash decided that this is one event they wanted to put their money to have a great time!

It's all about our choices,and not everyone is wealthy to go on this event,just choosing to put their money there.

I couldn't agree with you more!!! Everything we do in life is expensive,least of all our car hobbies!

In life we have to put together our priorities and budgets so we can do the things that are important to us. Some choose to go on big expensive vacations to Nice hot beachside resorts,some go on cruises,some on winter vacations,some on keeping their beer fridges stocked.....it goes on!

We all have to decide how much we want to spend on any one trip,and my guess is that everyone who has registered and going on this years Bash decided that this is one event they wanted to put their money to have a great time!

It's all about our choices,and not everyone is wealthy to go on this event,just choosing to put their money there.

Well said, and funny you put it that way:

I always consider that our customers have a limited amount of disposable income (no matter the amount) and try to do special things that will deserve their consideration. For example, we know some people have perhaps ONE week off every year, so we assume that the Bash needs to be worth the time, effort, and dedication for them to fly or drive thousands of miles to be a part of it. We don't take our customers' money or time lightly, we want to make everyone feels it was worth it, and look forward to the next one.

Jer

Well said, and funny you put it that way:

I always consider that our customers have a limited amount of disposable income (no matter the amount) and try to do special things that will deserve their consideration. For example, we know some people have perhaps ONE week off every year, so we assume that the Bash needs to be worth the time, effort, and dedication for them to fly or drive thousands of miles to be a part of it. We don't take our customers' money or time lightly, we want to make everyone feels it was worth it, and look forward to the next one.

Jer

+1000 :)

"If it was easy (cheap), then everyone would do it."

If I wanted to be like everyone else, I wouldn't bust my backside to save up for the fun/important things in life (like the greatest car ever or a once in a lifetime Bash). I would just buy a Smart Car and drink non-fat lattes in a meadow of flowers. Instead I think I will burn a Persian Gulf country's amount of petroleum products, wear the tire tread down to nothing, and drink tequila until I am passed out, face down, palms up in my Vegas hotel room.

"If it was easy (cheap), then everyone would do it."

If I wanted to be like everyone else, I wouldn't bust my backside to save up for the fun/important things in life (like the greatest car ever or a once in a lifetime Bash). I would just buy a Smart Car and drink non-fat lattes in a meadow of flowers. Instead I think I will burn a Persian Gulf country's amount of petroleum products, wear the tire tread down to nothing, and drink tequila until I am passed out, face down, palms up in my Vegas hotel room.

Now this is a man that has his priorities straight, lol

First post: http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/84058-registration-for-the-shelby-vegas-bash-2014-is-now-open/

There will be a hard copy in the "goodie bag" during Registration, as well.

Jer

GOT IT! Thanks Jer!! We will MEET up with Everyone in LAKE HAVASU!

I agree, the whole hobby is expensive, and I enjoy going to several shows a year, but they are typically not nearly as expensive as this one. Now I'm not saying that it's not worth it, but there are several shows that I attend that you can buy tickets to events separately so you don't have to pay for the ones you may not be interested in taking part in. For example, there are two dinners, two lunches and a breakfast. If a person could pick and choose which ones he wanted to attend it could be more affordable. The International Mustang Meet is being held in Vancouver BC this year. For $175.00 two people can enter a car in the show, go to a barbecue and attend the awards banquet which includes a meal. The Vegas Shelby Meet is about $750.00 for two people. That's quite a difference, and yes you do get four more meals (per person) that I'm sure are much nicer and I'm sure the goodie bag at the Shelby Meet is much nicer, but that's a significant price difference. Again, I'm not saying the Shelby Meet isn't worth it, I really enjoyed the ones I've attended, but there could be considerably more cars attending if it was a less expensive event. And, as I've said, it obviously sells as many tickets are available so maybe they want to keep the number of attendees down, as the more participants there are the more headaches there are. Anyway, I'm not trying to badmouth the event, it's a great time!

Archived