TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2014 Team Shelby Vegas Bash!

Jer

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know that unlike the past, there is no track time associated with the Bash. It is part of the Mustang 50th at LVMS (a separate event).

Many people are attending both events, so perhaps someone knows if 100 octane will be available at the track or if there is a vender near the track?.

I thought you were done...

Done?

I would go to another bash, to see the cars at the track.

My opinion is that was the best part of the bash.

The close second was the amazing job that Jer did when the party happened at Guitiar Center.

Meeting Carroll at the track I will never forget. He was funny and nice to me.

Jer you throw a good party thats for sure…BUT NO TRACK TIME?

That is lame, sorry.

I thought you were done...

Especially since this has been known for quite some time. I only mentioned it since some new people seem to have showed up just recently and thought it would be worth alerting them so they aren't surprised (especially when asking about race gas).

By the way on the gas, I suspect your source would be at the LVMS itself. Perhaps Spring Mountain in Pahrump. Besides race tracks the best source for high octane fuels is airports and marinas (look on www.pure-gas.org). None have 100+ in NV...

Tony,

As my folks live 5 minutes from LVMS, I would go to see you guys rip it up, and hang out with a few friends I met at previous bashes.

I have some great video of the Shelby's on the track.

Anyway, I am sure you will all have a terrific time! Cheers!

Tony,

As my folks live 5 minutes from LVMS, I would go to see you guys rip it up, and hang out with a few friends I met at previous bashes.

I have some great video of the Shelby's on the track.

Anyway, I am sure you will all have a terrific time! Cheers!

I'm not attending the bash or the Mustang 50th. It's a Mustang celebration, and the MCA signup said track time would go to non-mustangs if available and that time of the year is still iffy about getting a car across the Rockies. Plus we will be getting our Colorado house prepped for sale and maybe making some trips out here with a few trailers of things. The best news on the planet is that the annual Ford GT Rally (#9) will be in Vegas in October, and I'm guessing will be at Spring Mountain. I can't wait for that one!!!

Torco Accelerator is always an option. Works well, is recommended by shops, it's convenient as it comes in a can, and can turn our terrible 91 octane into over 100 with ease. A little pricey per case (32oz cans), but at $8-$10/gal for 100 octane, you are probably coming out cheaper actually with the torco. Just a thought.

I think a case of 6 32oz cans is between $125-$150.

I looked at the track setups. Spring Mountain has 91 & 100 on site. I'd be amazed if LVMS doesn't have it too.

There's a Sunoco inside at LVMS, but I believe that is only open during sanctioned events.

I don't recall if there's fuel available at or near the outside course (even though I've been there a few times before)

Where was the topic thread about parking with Team Shelby at the 50th Birthday event?

You will find it under the Event Discussion threads MCA M.O.R.E. parking. Hope that helps.

You know that unlike the past, there is no track time associated with the Bash. It is part of the Mustang 50th at LVMS (a separate event).

Tony,

Everybody knows why there is no track at the Bash - we made a deal with the MCA to support their event!

Thank you

Michael

From Jeff Lacina Track Guys -

Because of the safety and cost issues involved with setting up a temporary fuel location, we will not have fuel available at the Outside Road Course at Las Vegas Motor Speedway during the Mustang 50th.

The closest fuel to the outside road course is:
Petro North
6595 N Hollywood Blvd
Las Vegas, NV 89115

This is 1.4 miles from the paddock for the road course. Road course participants are being asked to plan accordingly regarding their individual fuel requirements.

Jeff Lacina
Track Guys / Mustang 50th Las Vegas Track Event

Tony,

Everybody knows why there is no track at the Bash - we made a deal with the MCA to support their event!

Thank you

Michael

Lest anyone take this seriously,

No "deal" was made, we just decded that with the MCA already running track events, we would focus on what WE could do to augment the week and provide variety, and that is to invite everyone into SA's new facility and support other unique-to-Vegas activities. Doing the same old Bash wouldv'e been easy, we chose a more difficult task!

We SUPPORT MCA's event simply because they are our Mustang brothers and sisters, of course!

Jer

No "deal" was made, we just decded that with the MCA already running track events, we would focus on what WE could do to augment the week and provide variety, and that is to invite everyone into SA's new facility and support other unique-to-Vegas activities. Doing the same old Bash wouldv'e been easy, we chose a more difficult task!

We SUPPORT MCA's event simply because they are our Mustang brothers and sisters, of course!

Jer

I apologize if I offended anyone by inferring that there was a formal deal with MCA.

It was merely a figure of speech. My point is why compete with what's already in place. The MCA's schedule was in place last October and it was prudent to support what they have planned. Besides, it will be all the usual Team Shelby suspects on the track anyway.

I am excited the way the Bash agenda has unfurled - it will be way more social. The event will have us all participating together. Once completed, we all then can choose our favorite MCA activity. For me that will be carving corners - :shift:

Looking forward to a great week in Las Vegas with you all.

Michael

Jer

Jer, I am satisfied with SAI's decision. Even though I have not yet tracked my car, the cost of the Bash is very reasonable. It even cost less for me, when compared to Shelby's 50th Annv. Bash in 2012. Thank you SAI. I cannot wait to see the new place!

I

I apologize if I offended anyone by inferring that there was a formal deal with MCA.

It was merely a figure of speech. My point is why compete with what's already in place. The MCA's schedule was in place last October and it was prudent to support what they have planned. Besides, it will be all the usual Team Shelby suspects on the track anyway.

I am excited the way the Bash agenda has unfurled - it will be way more social. The event will have us all participating together. Once completed, we all then can choose our favorite MCA activity. For me that will be carving corners - :shift:

Looking forward to a great week in Las Vegas with you all.

Michael

I agree with you MM, it will be more social. As for the track part, I will enjoy cheering all my TS family on when you all are carving the curves :yahoo::banvictory::rockon::salute:

Tony,

Thank you

Michael

Yes, I know that, and you know that, but there seemed to be some people who weren't exactly clear. I was just trying to clarify. I would term it a joint venture. LVMS is a nice track!

Monday night's outdoor party at Shelby American's new Headquarters will be a great kickoff to The 2014 Team Shelby Vegas Bash!

I've stepped it up 10 notches, by bringing in Vegas Limit, one of the city's best bands, doing an "All-Request-Live" show featuring Mike Szuter (Magna-Fi, Paul Gilbert), and Chas Stumbo (Lynch Mob, Earshot, Filter, and a current Shelby employee!).

Jer

Archived