TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2014 Team Shelby Vegas Bash!

Jer

Went by Shelby on Saturday to pick up a part. I didn't want to spoil it for myself so I stayed strictly in the gift shop area. Let me tell you, for those who haven't been there yet, this facility is massive! Can't wait to see the rest of it next week!

8m8q.jpg

Question for Jer or one of the higher ups, I will be unable to make the cruise Monday, as I had a friend pass away and services are that monday. I am however still going to be going through Palm Springs on Sunday and wanted to see if I could still pick up my registration info then, especially since I bought two tickets and one of them belongs to another TS Member who is going on the cruise.

See me in Palm Springs

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just drove home now (7pm), the car thermometer said "88". And it feels like it.

Awesome.

Jer

For those coming through Colorado. Weather is looking fine through Saturday night. Will hit some rain through the mountains. Avoid Sunday through Colorado/Wyoming. Looking to be up to 18" of snow at the higher elevations. This is for Sunday into Monday only. It's looking great after Monday. The following weekend for the drive home is looking fabulous right now. I'm not sure if we are going to head south tomorrow and head across 40 or just take the rain Saturday evening in the mountains on 70. We can't leave until my daughter is through with a horse show tomorrow afternoon.

Came across on I-70 through Colorado today. Great weather and mountains were beautiful. I've never been through in April with all the snow on the peaks. In Grand Junction tonight on to Vegas tomorrow and Palm Springs on Sunday. Looking forward to meeting everyone. The car is filthy but it will wash up.

Dave

Came across on I-70 through Colorado today. Great weather and mountains were beautiful. I've never been through in April with all the snow on the peaks. In Grand Junction tonight on to Vegas tomorrow and Palm Springs on Sunday. Looking forward to meeting everyone. The car is filthy but it will wash up.

Dave

Which car did you take? Travel safe and have fun!

Dave

Sounds like you are having an awesome drive!!! I'm glad that you drive your car and not afraid to get it dirty!!!!

Not many do,have a great trip to PS and look forward to seeing you there!

Man, what a journey thus far! Made it to Richfield, Utah today...haulin to Palm Springs in the am! Hey Dave, I hear ya on the dirt wagons! Can't wait for tomorrow:-)

Stopped for gas in Richfield on the way home earlier in the week. Usually we make it from here to Vegas in one day drive (800 miles, 11-12 hours on the orad). It's a long drive but if we hit the road early it's too short to stop so we just go the whole way. If we leave later then we try to make it to Beaver or St. George or Mesquite.

Be Careful Out There! The weather starting tonight across the divide is going to get squirrely.

Stopped for gas in Richfield on the way home earlier in the week. Usually we make it from here to Vegas in one day drive (800 miles, 11-12 hours on the orad). It's a long drive but if we hit the road early it's too short to stop so we just go the whole way. If we leave later then we try to make it to Beaver or St. George or Mesquite.

Be Careful Out There! The weather starting tonight across the divide is going to get squirrely.

I left Co. Springs Thurs. a.m. and it was decent all the way over the top to Mesquite NV. From Mesquite to Mojave yesterday and got in early enough for a little free time with friends before tech Friday night. Today (Sat.) it was windy windy WINDY.

The only 'issue' over the mountains is the run-off across the highway. It leaves NASTY water spots on the car that take a ton of elbow grease to get off. Once you hit Grand Junction the roads are dry.

Hope to see some of you this week while I play around Vegas until the MCA 50th next weekend.

Mojave is not going well. I'm running too fast and haven't had a run under 180 mph so I keep breaking out. I keep setting my gear ratio higher and higher and haven't hit the chip yet so I'll need to peddle it to get a time slip out of these guys!

Phill

Sounds like you are having an awesome drive!!! I'm glad that you drive your car and not afraid to get it dirty!!!!

Not many do,have a great trip to PS and look forward to seeing you there!

Look forward to meeting you as well.

Which car did y ou take? Travel safe and have fun!

Took the 2013 Boss, better technology, but man those recaros dug in my flank after 1,800 miles.

Lucky shot! It's supposed to snow Sunday.

Yes we did. It was a beautiful drive. Roads were just wet in places.

Yes we did. It was a beautiful drive. Roads were just wet in places.

It's snowing at my house now. I heard it rain pretty hard at about 2:00AM, and when I got up at 6:00 it was snowing but melting. So far the rain gauge says .25" of rain (which we don't really need too much, as the ground is still saturated from the 18" we got in September storm that flooded the rivers) It is starting to accumulate on the grass now.

I wish it would warm up and stay warm!

We drove into Grand Junction last night to get ahead of the storm. It was raining like mad when we left this morning, but just rain. Had rain most of the way through Utah. Heavy wind down 15 through Utah, AZ, and Nevada.

We drove into Grand Junction last night to get ahead of the storm. It was raining like mad when we left this morning, but just rain. Had rain most of the way through Utah. Heavy wind down 15 through Utah, AZ, and Nevada.

We'll be doing another trek across on the 26th. After almost 30 years in Colorado the only time I trust driving across the divide is August 15. Thus, the GT is getting shipped. So far the major shippers are all within $50 of each other so it's purely weight and distance...

have a great ans safe trip you all headed to Palm Springs and Vegas.

see you all on Wednesday.

See you soon lots of fun in PS a little bit dusty

Have some pics but using ipad and have no idea how to attach pics

Well,the Party's over for this year,we had a great time meeting so many awesome people at the Bash,it was a a total blast!

We look forward to continuing our new found friendships with many of them and look forward to next years event!!!!

Thank you to everybody who helped put this event together this year,no mean feat,great job!

Archived