TEAM SHELBY FORUM

A Good Day in the Mid West

...the largest of the area mustang groups had their annual Ford car show today; I went with a few of the guys from a smaller mustang group that I'm with. Lots of great cars were there, the only downside was that all of the shelbys were put together in a judging group, and that group included a bunch of nice older shelbys, including a national first place winning 67 shelby that I would have died for. Group also had 2 new GT500s and 2 new shelby GTs.

Well, at the end of the day, 5 of the 6 from my group had won awards

4tgby21.jpg

and the old guy with the frizzy hair coming out the sides of his hat (me) tied for second place in the shelby group with one of the older shelbys; man, I was on cloud nine, still am actually.

100_3061.jpg

good times, good times its a shame we all got sunburned really bad, you think someone would have mentioned the possible use of sunscreen :banghead:

4tgby21.jpg

100_3061.jpg

Sounds like you had a great time John. Congrats on your award. Your car looks great. I can see that shiney pully behind you. That pulley is calling my name. :hysterical: Heres an idea. I carry a small tupperware container in my trunk with detail stuff and some towels for quick clean up needs. I am sure you have a similar kit. Throw a small tube of sunscreen into that kit for the car show events. It took me getting Melanoma cancer before I wised up!

Sounds like you had a great time John. Congrats on your award. Your car looks great. I can see that shiney pully behind you. That pulley is calling my name. :hysterical: Heres an idea. I carry a small tupperware container in my trunk with detail stuff and some towels for quick clean up needs. I am sure you have a similar kit. Throw a small tube of sunscreen into that kit for the car show events. It took me getting Melanoma cancer before I wised up!

that is a wonderful idea; my wife actually insisted I bring some, she was just not along to insist I use it. I know better. I'll throw some in the kit tomorrow.

John

john,

looks like a great time. i will definately have to get up there sometime.

is that a ford fairmont you're parked by?

i got so sunburned at hermann, i put sunscreen on before i left the house this weekend.

cb

I wore sunscreen all weekend at the Spring Fling. I even offered it to several other people who looked like they were at risk. No burn here. :happy feet:

john,

looks like a great time. i will definately have to get up there sometime.

is that a ford fairmont you're parked by?

i got so sunburned at hermann, i put sunscreen on before i left the house this weekend.

cb

yes to the fairmont; it belongs to the fellow on the very right in the first photo. Its a real nice car, his daily driver. Body is straight with original paint. Performance engine, tranny and suspension. He just likes doing something no one else is. Very nice guy, and yes, they gave him an award under the Ford Powered catagory. None of us could really figure out what that really meant.

Also, Larry from Smithville gave me some info to pass on to you.

John

..and did you notice, the 2 bottom items on my display board are from the Hermann meet. Very eye catching to see 20 shelbys all in one photo.

Archived